MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A serious discussion on the term MUG and the negativity that surronds MTF atm. :(. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=211441)

Kowchi 10-15-2012 03:19 AM

A serious discussion on the term MUG and the negativity that surronds MTF atm. :(.

I feel this term is really bringing the community down. I know I haven't been posting that long, but I have been lurking for a year and realize how nasty and negative that term is. Mug is someone who is bad at tennis, doesn't work hard, and is a bad person. The thing is though, all the so called Mug players, work their asses off almost every year, to play the sport they love. They have lives, families, friends who care about them and love them. Plus they obviously have some sort of talent, to be ranked in tennis.

I feel it is unfair to call any tennis player a mug and I also feel the term is bringing the community down. Every time someone calls a player a mug, an argument ensues, parties bash each other and get off topic, leading to hatred towards fellow members. This policy also goes for other negative nicknames. Nadull, Olderer etc. All cause arguments and negativity.

I feel the community needs to become more critical and respectful in their responses. Also people need to have some more respect for fellow members. I'm not going to point out any names, but you know who you are. Positive changes could happen to this forum, to make it a more positive, accepting environment.

:)

Your thoughts?

Topspindoctor 10-15-2012 03:20 AM

Re: A serious discussion on the term MUG and the negativity that surronds MTF atm. :(

mug thread

Freak3yman84 10-15-2012 03:21 AM

Re: A serious discussion on the term MUG and the negativity that surronds MTF atm. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 12486673)
mug thread

This. The OP is a mug as well :o

Kowchi 10-15-2012 03:34 AM

Why call someone a mug?

Sauletekis 10-15-2012 03:37 AM

Every single user that puts in thread title the word "serious" on MTF, is a mug for sure!

Filo V. 10-15-2012 03:39 AM

You're a normal functioning human being. Most people here are not. Which explains the bizarre behavior. And irrational hate. This isn't really a forum where you will find real knowledgeable tennis fans. Most posters are trolls.

Everything you said is very much true but when you have no respect for yourself or others, this is what you get. You sound very nice OP, don't let the crazy get you down.

Kowchi 10-15-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filo V. (Post 12486684)
You're a normal functioning human being. Most people here are not. Which explains the bizarre behavior.

Everything you said is very much true but when you have no respect for yourself or others, this is what you get. You sound very nice OP, don't let the crazy get you down.

Thank you I appreciate that, you seem to have a strong self as well.

I've always wonder what would happen if there was a cocktail party for MTF, how the forum members would interact and talk. Over the internet it is easy to say nasty things, but in real life ...:shrug:.

MTwEeZi 10-15-2012 04:00 AM

Let the blind hate flow freely.

fast_clay 10-15-2012 04:52 AM

i often feel muggish... i think it is a term most of us can identify with... why, just the other week i felt muggish after watching troicki having trouble with some stebe lad...

Orka_n 10-15-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowchi (Post 12486686)
Thank you I appreciate that, you seem to have a strong self as well.

I've always wonder what would happen if there was a cocktail party for MTF, how the forum members would interact and talk. Over the internet it is easy to say nasty things, but in real life ...:shrug:.

Very true. Most posters on here are internet tough guys but are very likely socially inept IRL.

And you are right in your observation about the disrespectful attitude dominating this forum. It has actually been like that since I joined here - however the avarage IQ of the posters seems to drop a couple of notches every year. Good posters leave and gloryhunting teenagers taking their place.

In short, MTF is a pile of shit most days. It has its moments, though. For those moments I stay, at least for now.

Slasher1985 10-15-2012 04:32 PM

That's what this forum seems to be all about. But you know how it is with kids, when they're making fun of people behind their back, they're calling it entertainment. Calling players "mugs" is the center of their universe ATM, but as is is with growing up stages, it's a fad. In time, it will pass, and other fads will take its place. That's the way the cookie crumbles.:hatoff:

Enjoy your stay though. Some of us new guys are still contributing to the community in any way we can.:D

Time Violation 10-15-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowchi (Post 12486670)
Your thoughts?

This is Mugs Tennis Forums. The "Men" you might see in the headline is just to trick innocent people into joining.

Blue Heart24 10-15-2012 05:08 PM

I agree and you have a point BUT...Take into consideration that this isn't a serious place,especially GM.So take it easy and lightly ;)

scarecrows 10-15-2012 05:09 PM

we all can thank Jaap for putting the word in MTF folklore

The Prince 10-15-2012 05:10 PM

OP, the forum needs people like you, and the forum needs people like you to talk tennis. Great post.

What you say is completely true. It's honest and fair.

We all come to MTF regularly, so it must mean we see good in it? I know I do.