MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Guillermo Coria Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Did you remember him? Guillermo Coria? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=211344)

coria_fan 10-13-2012 08:23 AM

Did you remember him? Guillermo Coria?

This thread not will be very interest for you, people.. but I really miss him and I'm really sad for him. I think the faith was so unfair with him. He deserve so many in tennis, but have not so much. When I'm thinking about FO 04, if he hasn't had this cramps, he was going to kill Gaudio something like 6-0,6-3,6-0.. and in the end he lost the match. Then comes injuries.. then comes two finals against Nadal, which he lost, but I think he deserve to win at least one of those two finals. And after that we all knew what happened to him. That was so unfair for that great person and tennis player.

paseo 10-13-2012 08:27 AM

Re: Did you remember him? Guillermo Coria?

Of course. He was the king of clay before Nadal.

GSMnadal 10-13-2012 08:29 AM

Not this sad story again, I was almost over it :awww:

BroTree123 10-13-2012 08:31 AM

Coriatard forum :o

Burrow 10-13-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coria_fan (Post 12480218)
This thread not will be very interest for you, people.. but I really miss him and I'm really sad for him. I think the faith was so unfair with him. He deserve so many in tennis, but have not so much. When I'm thinking about FO 04, if he hasn't had this cramps, he was going to kill Gaudio something like 6-0,6-3,6-0.. and in the end he lost the match. Then comes injuries.. then comes two finals against Nadal, which he lost, but I think he deserve to win at least one of those two finals. And after that we all knew what happened to him. That was so unfair for that great person and tennis player.

Because he suffered cramp in the third set? The fourth more like.

Action Jackson 10-13-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burrow (Post 12480226)
Because he suffered cramp in the third set? The fourth more like.

Started after a drop shot late in the 3rd set when he pulled up with cramps.

Would have, could have , should have counts for nowt but you understand this, it was just a generic statement.

kooties 10-13-2012 08:46 AM

I still consider that FO 2004 final the cruelest twist of fate in sport history.

IMHO coria was a better claycourter than the likes of agassi, ferrero, and moya. I'd rather just forget the whole thing.

Vamos El Mago!

Sophitia36 10-15-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kooties (Post 12480243)
I still consider that FO 2004 final the cruelest twist of fate in sport history.

IMHO coria was a better claycourter than the likes of agassi, ferrero, and moya. I'd rather just forget the whole thing.

Vamos El Mago!

It was the cruelest twist of fate I have ever seen in sports.

The worst thing is, I remember how at the time, when they saw Coria's despair, commentators would all say "oh don't worry, he'll win Roland Garros for sure! No way he won't win this Slam!" and... well we all know what happened next...

I still like to watch a little Coria/Nadal from time to time, that was really awesome clay-court tennis. My biggest regret about Coria will always be that RG final, obviously, but my second biggest regret will be the missed opportunity of having years of Nadal vs Coria epic matches on clay.
I believe Nadal would have had the upper hand, but still, that would have been awesome, and that would have made RG so much more interesting. For so many years, it was pretty much NID that Nadal would crush everyone...

Well, anyway, what's done is done, there's no point in dwelling on the past too much.

The Prince 10-17-2012 12:57 AM

I cried for two days about it. Coria was the player that brought me into tennis, and it felt like he was cruelly ripped away from the sport just as I was familiarising myself with the game and acquiring a better understanding of it. A great shame.

He will forever be my favourite, though.