MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=210851)

lovevolleyer 10-04-2012 05:17 AM

Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

Im just wondering since the first time I stumbled to this site that there are fans who support or like another member of the top 4 besides their favorite. Say, a Nadal fan is more probably a Murray fan as well. ;) So what do you think? Please include your explanation. By the way, It's my first post so I hope I get a lot of response..

P.S. English is not my first language so pardon me if sometimes I don't make sense. :)

MuzzahLovah 10-04-2012 05:20 AM

Re: Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

For me:
Murray

Djokovic

Fed

Nadal

Topspindoctor 10-04-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovevolleyer (Post 12460592)
Im just wondering since the first time I stumbled to this site that there are fans who support or like another member of the top 4 besides their favorite. Say, a Nadal fan is more probably a Murray fan as well. ;) So what do you think? By the way, It's my first post so I hope I get a lot of response..

P.S. English is not my first language so pardon me if sometimes I don't make sense. :)

:spit:

Chirag 10-04-2012 05:23 AM

Re: Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

For me

Federer
Djokovic

Murray

Nadal

lovevolleyer 10-04-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah (Post 12460594)
For me:
Murray

Djokovic

Fed

Nadal

Is that partly because Djokovic and Murray are friends? Or there are any other reason? Please explain.

MuzzahLovah 10-04-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovevolleyer (Post 12460601)
Really? Why do you think so? Please explain.

I just like them in that order. Murray obviously because I find him fun to watch, and genuine and nice person, attractive and creative on court. Djokovic is funny and his sliding on hardcourts is impressive. I think also because they are closer in age and playing style than they are to the other two.

I dislike Federer mostly because of his attitude and everything about Nadal.

MuzzahLovah 10-04-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovevolleyer (Post 12460601)
Is that partly because Djokovic and Murray are friends? Or there are any other reason? Please explain.

No, not really, for instance Murray loves Nadal, but I can't stand Rafa.

I think Djokovic and Murray have a lot of similarities, good returns, good backhands,(which I enjoy watching) similar age etc.

lovevolleyer 10-04-2012 05:34 AM

Hey Topspinny! I was thinking of you exactly when I wrote that. Ofcourse I wasn't very serious, I was just making an example.

uxyzapenje 10-04-2012 05:43 AM

For me it was
Djokovic

Nadal

Murray

Federer.

Now it's more like
Djokovic

Nadal (I was never a die hard fan of his, but i was rooting for the guy against Fed. He droped in my eyes in 2011 and 2012)
Murray (stayed the same, I don't really like or dislike him)

Federer (Still don't like him, but I guess I dislike him less that I did before)

Overall, on the forum, I think Fed fans mainly don't support any other top4 player. Nadal fans mainly support Novak, Novak fans mainly Rafa, some do Murray and Murray fans mainly support Fed. Note that this is just my perception and it's applied on most of the respective fanbases, there are exceptions ofc.

lovevolleyer 10-04-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chirag (Post 12460599)
For me

Federer
Djokovic

Murray

Nadal

So being a Fed fan, it is almost always true that Nadal will be the least favorite.

Cereal Killer 10-04-2012 05:50 AM

I actually know a lot of Nadal fans who are also fans of Murray, but they don't post here. Probably a wise decision.

n8 10-04-2012 05:54 AM

This is what I notice:
Federer fans like Murray the most (strongest trend)
Nadal fans like Djokovic the most (2nd strongest trend)
Murray fans like Federer the most

BroTree123 10-04-2012 05:56 AM

I think Nadal fans will learn to love the Donfather, who will reach the top 4 in 5 years time. They have similar, great lefty topspin forehands.

Topspindoctor 10-04-2012 05:59 AM

Nadal
Djoker

Mandy

Olderer's Nose

Mirka

That weird guy that stalks my local tennis club when women are playing

Rosol

Federer

manadrainer 10-04-2012 06:05 AM

As a Fed fan, I found myself more often than not cheering for the Serbian slayer. I enjoyed so much his 6-0 in finals against Nadal in 2011. :)

It's a pity a lot of Djokovic fans on this site hate Fed, I had to argue with them as if they were Nadaltards. :(

I think a lot of Nadaltards employed the strategy "if you can't beat them join 'em", and since Rafa's got some serious beating from Djokovic in 3 consecutive gs finals (and 4 masters finals), they have declared Nadal and Djokovic being part of the "Spartan league", hailing the strongest era ever to justify Rafa's defeats. ;)