MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WWW Tokyo R1: [1] Murray vs. Karlovic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=210706)

Cereal Killer 10-01-2012 10:23 AM

WWW Tokyo R1: [1] Murray vs. Karlovic

Murray leads the H2H 4-0, their last encounter taking place at Wimbledon this year. I recall a lot of footfalls :facepalm: foot faults and loose balls. I'm too lazy to cap their H2H history right now, so this will have to do.

Sleep-deprived me is obviously a mug.

Satasonic 10-01-2012 11:00 AM

Re: WWW Tokyo R1: [1] Murray vs. Karlovic

Is this confirmed already? If so, I think Karlovic might be motivated to win here.

If this match will happen, I think Murray will win in 2 sets, 6-0 6-1.

Apophis 10-01-2012 11:04 AM

Wow. Happy for dr. Ivo if true. Another big match.

Murray Mint 10-01-2012 11:04 AM

The big donkey stands no chance - Murray remembers his classless behaviour at Wimbledon. You don't besmirch the Olympic Champion's own patch and get away with it. Prepare for some marvellously crafty tennis that will outwit the big donk (the kind that won't be appreciated on here because supposed hardcore fans just want to see people mash the ball as hard as they can).

Satasonic 10-01-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Mint (Post 12455309)
The big donkey stands no chance - Murray remembers his classless behaviour at Wimbledon. You don't besmirch the Olympic Champion's own patch and get away with it. Prepare for some marvellously crafty tennis that will outwit the big donk (the kind that won't be appreciated on here because supposed hardcore fans just want to see people mash the ball as hard as they can).

But what if Karlovic invested all his money into a bakery? What if he will double bagel Mugray 7-6 7-6? What then?

Certinfy 10-01-2012 11:15 AM

Absolutely insane. From a crazy hard R1 to another crazy hard one!

Satasonic 10-01-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certinfy (Post 12455324)
Absolutely insane. From a crazy hard R1 to another crazy hard one!

Its funny, but as a Karlovic fan I can tell you that this will not be a harder test than Monfils. Karlovic lost to Chiudinelli of all people, without breaking him even once. I dont see this match being a hard test :rolleyes:

Tag 10-01-2012 11:46 AM

doesn't matter who the northerner faces during the asian swing

this is his patch

intruders are repelled

easy win for murray here, karlovic doesn't and can't serve like he used to

BroTree123 10-01-2012 11:59 AM

Karlovic in 2. 7-6(6), 7-6(7).

romismak 10-01-2012 12:11 PM

If we look at Ivoīs last matches and his loss to CHiudinelli here i would say Murray withoug needing tie-breakers, Ivoīs serve also isnīt what it used to be and he will face best fastserve returner, Murray will get a lot of 1st serves IN and well Ivo on 2nd serve wonīt do much. Murray something like 6-3, 6-4.

Looner 10-01-2012 12:15 PM

I hope Dr Ivo wins with Murray footfaulting on matchpoint :D. We need him fresh so he can own Djoko in the Shanghai SF :D. Realistically though, I expect the Asian swing vulture to do his vulturing :zzz:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Mint (Post 12455309)

Wow, time to get away from those crack pipe. Also reported for inappropriate language in your sig.

Murray Mint 10-01-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satasonic (Post 12455312)
But what if Karlovic invested all his money into a bakery? What if he will double bagel Mugray 7-6 7-6? What then?

Murray would dump a load of whisky gravy on the bread, foiling Ivo's plans. And that also serves as a nice metaphor for shutting down Karlovic's serve.

Quote:

Wow, time to get away from those crack pipe. Also reported for inappropriate language in your sig.
Look out, MR FUN is here! I could report your post for suggesting that I have a drug addiction, but I'm not so pathetic.

ogbg 10-01-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tag (Post 12455378)
doesn't matter who the northerner faces during the asian swing

this is his patch

intruders are repelled

easy win for murray here, karlovic doesn't and can't serve like he used to

??
Are you not Scottish?

The Prince 10-01-2012 03:35 PM

Murray to break the big man at least three times, hopefully.

Tag 10-01-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogbg (Post 12455704)
??
Are you not Scottish?

yes

murray is from up north, where children survive on vodka and raw potatoes