MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What Was Your First Post? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=210635)

Freak3yman84 09-30-2012 03:37 AM

What Was Your First Post?

I was surprised to not be able to find a thread about this, so what was your first post on MTF? It'd be good if you quote it by the way ;) Mine was very boring, it was just my FITD predictions for Doha :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 11591866)
1st Round
Nadal
Starace
Karlovic
Gulbis
Monfils
Kunitsyn
Qualifier 3
Troicki
Bogomolov
Tursunov
Cipolla
Tsonga
Seppi
Garcia-Lopez
Bubka
Federer
2nd Round
Nadal
Gulbis
Monfils
Troicki
Tursunov
Tsonga
Garcia-Lopez
Federer
Quarter-Finals
Nadal
Troicki
Tsonga
Federer
Semi-Finals
Nadal
Tsonga
Finals
Nadal

Have fun discussing!

GOATsol 09-30-2012 03:38 AM

Re: What Was Your First Post?

How do you find it?

Litotes 09-30-2012 07:53 AM

This is my first:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litotes (Post 11979509)
swebright, you mean like Nadal raked inn points in MC and Barcelona while Fed was out?
The last 12 months Rafa and Fed has played a similar amount of tourneys, Rafa in fact one more than Fed. The #2 ranking will be very well deserved indeed, if he can find a way to beat Berdych tomorrow.

Looner, Fed have an excellent chance of #1 come Wimbledon, but if not there he could esily get it later - with very few points to defend from Rogers Cup and Cincinnatti and just an SF in US Open. If we look at points post US Open he has a commanding lead over Djokovic.

I had not learned to qoute at the time, in fact I learned most tricks around here slowly. Didn't discover User CP until July.

Litotes 09-30-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATsol (Post 12452129)
How do you find it?

"Advanced Search", "Search by User Name" (your own), and "Sort Results by Ascending Order" is the easiest. Descending order is default so you'll have to change that.

viruzzz 09-30-2012 08:32 AM

05-30-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viruzzz (Post 9982337)
Well... I think Rafa's in a great shape.
But if you think about it, he's always in a great shape.
Lleyton played a very good match, with great highlights, he really wanted to win the match.

Also I want to salute everyone in the forum, it's my first day here :D

Nobody answered me.

Bitches.

Litotes 09-30-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viruzzz (Post 12452356)
05-30-2010, 01:23 PM

Nobody answered me.

Bitches.

Nobody answered mine either. Could there be a bias against 1st posters? Freak3yman84 was lucky there, his was the kind of post where you don't expect an answer. Maybe that's a theme for a different thread: "What was the 1st answer you ever got?" A little more difficult to find, though.

viruzzz 09-30-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litotes (Post 12452381)
Nobody answered mine either. Could there be a bias against 1st posters? Freak3yman84 was lucky there, his was the kind of post where you don't expect an answer. Maybe that's a theme for a different thread: "What was the 1st answer you ever got?" A little more difficult to find, though.

No idea. But there's probably an inner-thing that makes you subliminaly respect the user a bit more if he has more than 1000 posts. (In big forums, of course).
It has been discused in some blogs. I know I've read those things in the past.

Slasher1985 09-30-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slasher1985 (Post 12030342)
Hello everyone, I am new here.

I have been looking through today's rankings and I have noticed very strange things:

Players who participated in the World Team Championships last week but scored 0 points, count those 0 points as mandatory, and they take out valid points from the equation. Examples: Andy Roddick, Igor Kunitsyn, Igor Andreev, Dmitry Tursunov. Roddick loses a valid 45, Andreev a valid 10 and Tursunov a valid 15 because the 0 from the Team Cup takes precedence.

Was this always so, or is it a new rule ?

My first post was answered to by smucav:

Quote:

Originally Posted by smucav (Post 12031920)

Of course, during the next 10 posts, I posted my live rankings, that's what I was actually aiming for from the start, even with my first post.:)

Mae 09-30-2012 09:12 AM

My first post: I was so sorry that Robby lost over in Thailand. He had really been playing some good tennis. I hope he doesn't get discouraged about the loss. And this was my answer: i'm sure he won't mae! robbys been very confident recently he'll be okay.

BroTree123 09-30-2012 11:16 AM

2011 RG SF: Djokovic vs Federer thread (click on the quote box):

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroTree123
Hard to say man, hard to say.

Standard and innocent :sport:

Deathless Mortal 09-30-2012 11:17 AM

Thread title: USO R1: Lopez def. Ljubicic 6-3 6-3 6-3

My post date: 30.08.2006.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal (Post 4046630)
c'mon you all... Ivan is a great player, and nothing can change it. He lost, so what? Shit happens... Ivan is great person, what is more important than being great player... Who expected Croatia to win DC?? Nobody... Ivan was leader in that... Ivan did it almost alone... Ancic helped a little... So, Ivan is great player, and he apsolutely deserves to be #3 tennis player in the world, Roddick lost last year in 1st round of USO too... SO WHAT?? IT HAPPENS!!! Lopez played great, like Ivan said... I'm Croat, and I'm proud of him... No matter what happens I'll be with him... It's not shame Ivan to lose, it is shame that you all do not understand who is Ivan Ljubicic!!! Like it's easy when you are 27 years old, became #3 in the world?!? And win DC!!! IVAN RULES!!!

Happy to notice my English skills are quite a bit better now. :D

GSMnadal 09-30-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMnadal (Post 10680089)
1. Nadal
2. Roddick
3. Verdasco
4. Dimitrov
5. Karlovic
6. Monfils
7. Djokovic
8. Schoorel
9. Davydenko
10. Haase

Oldest I could find, started posting my favourite players... oh how some of them have changed since then :lol:

Eden 09-30-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12452128)
I was surprised to not be able to find a thread about this, so what was your first post on MTF?

Look here ;)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=21294

Invisible Fan 09-30-2012 11:56 AM

Mine was saying the Australian Open was my favourite slam.
Surprisingly no mention of Man City or hot girls like most of my posts :o

GSMnadal 09-30-2012 12:16 PM

Good place to come in and make your first post here saying 'this one'

Bet you'd get a warm welcome and a ton of good reps. Come on lurkers, we know you're out there