MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Why do you like tennis? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=210460)

Satasonic 09-26-2012 11:17 AM

Why do you like tennis?

Im just wondering, what is everyones favorite aspect of the game? Going to be nice listening to the opinions of the members of MTF :wavey:

For me- I love the different match ups in tennis, no matter how good or boring they are. Its amazing that every time 2 different players meet- a completely different match up is created, its really fascinating. It happens only in tennis, and nowhere else. Take football for example, although its a great sport, some games do look quite similar to each other.

In tennis, its different. You can get a match up like Raonic-Karlovic, or a match up like Andujar-Troicki, and they will be different. However when you match Raonic-Andujar, you will get a completely different match.

So, what are your points?

duong 09-26-2012 11:33 AM

Re: Why do you like tennis?

Why do you like watching tennis ? should be the title of the thread, playing tennis is something different (to change edit --> go advanced)

Personally I like the geometry of the court and the game, on TV I also like the colour and the surroundings of blue courts on American harcourts, looks a happy colour to me (hence why I also liked the blue clay idea) and also in a lesser extent the colour of Wimbledon's or Roland-Garros of course ...

Watching live rather than on TV, I'm most delighted and impressed watching sliced shots, flat shots are not as impressive watching live for me as on TV (hence why Djokovic especially looked less impressive to me live than on TV, whereas it was the opposite for Murray). On TV flat shots and angles are more impressive.

A special feature of tennis on TV, especially comparing to other most popular sports which are team sports like football or basket-ball, is that you can watch players' faces and expressions for long, the way they live the game, and then it's easier to identify.

However, football-soccer has a greater versatility imo, and more things happen in the same time, which is the reason why it's so attractive for people imo.

paseo 09-26-2012 12:02 PM

This thread is gonna get moved, for sure.

On topic : Since I like playing tennis, it's only natural that I like watching it, too.

Puschkin 09-26-2012 12:16 PM

both for playing and watching:

A duel betwen two individuals involving the body and the mind without touching each other.

EliSter 09-26-2012 12:16 PM

Because Nole is playing it? :confused:

Motoflou 09-26-2012 12:29 PM

I like tennis because I like the sound the ball makes when you hit it, it's all like WHAAAP!!!

Motoflou 09-26-2012 12:31 PM

WHAAAAPPp!

Orange Wombat 09-26-2012 12:34 PM

I like tennis because it's fun to play (I am actually a fairly good tennis player), and it is interesting to see the different match ups when you are watching it.

bjurra 09-26-2012 01:19 PM

Scoring system is brilliant.
The sound of the racquet hitting the ball.
The tactical elements.
The pace.
The mental aspects.
The variety of shots.
You can bet on every match.

BroTree123 09-26-2012 02:09 PM

Because it's hilarious to witness mugs lose.

GSMnadal 09-26-2012 02:20 PM

Because Nadal wins a lot :rocker2:

Orka_n 09-26-2012 02:23 PM

- I find the shot technique in tennis beautiful. It's like a dance to me.
- I love playing tennis myself.
- The sport has a lot of intensity and is fast-paced.
- I really like the scoring system.
- It's interesting with the different playing styles. I find it fascinating that for example the top 3 can have so vastly different playing styles and still fight evenly for the same ranking spot.
- It's a good tv-sport. You're able to get an excellent overview as well as replays and Hawkeye.

The Prince 09-26-2012 03:18 PM

I just love it. It's entertaining, and I can appreciate how difficult it is to play so well. Watching the pros brings a smile to my face.

G4. 09-26-2012 03:20 PM

i played it for quite some time, i love it because it requires technique, intelligence, stamina, mental strenght, it is a complete sport.
Also love the competitive aspect, when you lose a match you are out of the tournament.
It is also an individual sport.

Nr 1 Fan 09-26-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliSter (Post 12446073)
Because Nole is playing it? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMnadal (Post 12446184)
Because Nadal wins a lot :rocker2:

Spoken like a true fangirl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroTree123 (Post 12446178)
Because it's hilarious to witness mugs lose.

:o