MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Suicide Tennis! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=460)
-   -   Suicide Tennis Suggestion/Discussion Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=210369)

156mphserve 09-23-2012 08:59 PM

Suicide Tennis Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Here is where you may post any suggestions or discuss things such as possible rule changes for next year, or current situations in Suicide tennis tournaments.

The current suicide tennis board consists of

156mphserve
bandtree
CoolyBri
Direnan
rvugt

Feel free to ask any or all of us if you have any concerns

156mphserve 09-23-2012 09:03 PM

Re: Suicide Tennis Suggestion/Discussion Thread

The starting of tournaments has been a key issue this season.

A poll will be opened later regarding this issue. What should the poll options be?

I think any tournament starting Sunday or before that has at least 5 matches being played should start on that day. I also think that any day with only 1 match except the final day should not count, this would result in tounament such as Bangkok this year starting on Tuesday instead of Monday which the board has voted on implementing on the fly in the current Bangkok tournament

purtov45 09-24-2012 02:29 AM

Hi board,

You have transferred the beginning on Tuesday, it is proper.
But it was better to declare it at once when there was a schedule on Monday.

Thanks, purtov :hatoff:

156mphserve 09-24-2012 02:49 AM

I'm not sure I get what you're saying? Are you saying we should have made it Tuesday as soon as the Monday schedule came out?

We cannot be around the forum 24/7. I wasn't here, as soon as I saw the 1 match I Pmed the others,m and we came to our decision. We are not robots, these things take time, I thought we came to the decision in a timely manner, well before play started on Monday, and only about a hour after I first noticed it.

Björki 09-24-2012 07:14 AM

maybe there should be a rule that there should be at least 2 matches on Mondays OOP.

purtov45 09-24-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purtov45 (Post 12442677)
Hi board,

You have transferred the beginning on Tuesday, it is proper.
But it was better to declare it at once when there was a schedule on Monday.

Thanks, purtov :hatoff:

You have made in a timely manner, it I was mistaken, have incorrectly read readings of hours, I'm sorry.

sfar 09-25-2012 08:15 PM

I agree with 156mphserve:

If Sunday has at least 4 o 5 games, it should start that day.
If Monday has only 1 game, it should start on Tuesday.
And, of course, point breakdown should be very clear for any possible situation (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday start - Saturday and Sunday end for ATP 250, ATP 500 and Masters).

SamR03A 10-06-2012 05:26 PM

Are we picking on day 1 in Shanghai then? Only 3 MD matches...

RNW 10-06-2012 07:07 PM

In Tokyo, we only had 3 matches on Monday as well.

I think it's fair if we start on sunday in Shanghai.

But then, someone has to start a thread!

RNW 10-06-2012 07:09 PM

As for Tokyo:

In the point system there is no option for "no pick left" on day 7 which should bring more points than out on day 6. ...?

J99 10-07-2012 01:26 AM

Where is the Shanghai Suicide thread, there are 3 matches to pick from today?

156mphserve 10-07-2012 03:44 AM

doesn't start until Monday. The current rule states no sunday starts

J99 10-07-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 156mphserve (Post 12466810)
doesn't start until Monday. The current rule states no sunday starts

But there are 3 matches, that's enough to start on a Sunday, besides the Masters tend to start on a Sunday, so maybe you should think about changing the rule, at least for them.

156mphserve 10-07-2012 03:59 AM

I know, I agree, but we cannot just change this on the fly like we did with Bangkok. There, there was just 1 Monday match, which was just plain unfair to the players. Plus, moving the schedule forward would be unfair to people who expect it to start Monday like usual and not have enough time to get here today

I think there will be a poll in the offseason about when tournaments start, until then we will stick with the current rule

J99 10-07-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 156mphserve (Post 12466817)
I know, I agree, but we cannot just change this on the fly like we did with Bangkok. There, there was just 1 Monday match, which was just plain unfair to the players. Plus, moving the schedule forward would be unfair to people who expect it to start Monday like usual and not have enough time to get here today

I think there will be a poll in the offseason about when tournaments start, until then we will stick with the current rule

I agree that you can't change the rule right away, it's obviously too short notice to do it now, perhaps for Paris though, oh, not until the offseason, I see. You said before you thought it should be 5 matches if it were to start on a Sunday, wouldn't 3 suffice?