MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=210189)

Action Jackson 09-19-2012 11:39 AM

Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Lets see which of the long term predictions will get it right and home team is first.

Canada v Spain
Italy v Croatia
Belgium v Serbia
USA v Brazil
France v Israel
Argentina v Germany
Kazakhstan v Austria
Switzerland v Czech Republic

TennisOnWood 09-19-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Spain or USA

duong 09-19-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup?

To the question : Argentina for me.

Argentina would receive France in the quarters.

In semis, with Switzerland it would be decided by lot (has it been decided already ?), with Czech Republic they would have to go away.

I'm very happy about this draw both for Argentina and Switzerland (considering they're unseeded only Kazakhstan would have been better and they would receive them or Austria in quarters), the two countries I support in this competition, although I'm French.

I think Fed has the best chance of his life for a draw :yeah:

I just hope he will be fit in february, as he's often had illnesses or injuries in that period in the past.

feuselino 09-19-2012 11:51 AM

Great chance for Switzerland, the first round will probably be decided when Fed plays Berdych (if both show up to play!) - what court would they choose? Probably clay, even with the bad experience from this year...

Action Jackson 09-19-2012 11:52 AM

Canada going to have a very fast surface and should be in Calgary which is 1049m above sea level.

duong 09-19-2012 11:53 AM

USA would receive Serbia in quarters : Djokovic being in Miami the week before, he would have no excuses to miss this tie except injury.

Spain will finally start playing away, including the quarters.

The semis in the USA or Serbia as well.

Anyway, considering the DC rule, Spain would have to play away against nearly all of the other countries, because they've received nearly all the time in recent years.

duong 09-19-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feuselino (Post 12433442)
Great chance for Switzerland, the first round will probably be decided when Fed plays Berdych (if both show up to play!) - what court would they choose? Probably clay, even with the bad experience from this year...

clay would be better but not sure if the Swiss are able to make a proper claycourt in that period :rolleyes:

They have no permanent one and building one for the occasion would lead to heavy risks of making a very bad one like last year heavy.

They might play on a slow indoor hardcourt, it would be easier, and fit previous weeks' conditions in Australia if Fed goes far in that competition.

TigerTim 09-19-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action Jackson (Post 12433444)
Canada going to have a very fast surface and should be in Calgary which is 1049m above sea level.

Raonic to win 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-5 :devil:

duong 09-19-2012 12:08 PM

In the draw, the choice of ground in case of a lot for next rounds has been written : the semifinal between Argentina and Switzerland would be in Argentina :

http://www.daviscup.com/en/results/world-group.aspx

Corey Feldman 09-19-2012 12:10 PM

Do the swiss ever get an easy draw?

do the fken Spanish ever get a difficult one?

August 09-19-2012 12:13 PM

I'm smelling a rigged draw, to see a Fedal match in the final.

iriraz 09-19-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey Feldman (Post 12433459)

I think the Swiss should be happy with this draw.I mean,it`s tough as an unseeded team to get an easy opponent so playing the Czechs at home is ok.Obviously Kazakhstan would have been the easiest tie but most of the ties would have been difficult,especially if they had to travel to Argentina.
So,having a home tie increases the chances for Federer to play.

duong 09-19-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey Feldman (Post 12433459)

Yes, this year is the first one in that case !!

considering the seeding system, it could not have been better for Switzerland (except that I think it would have been better to receive the Kazakhs first then the Czechs in the quarters as in the beginning of april, maybe the Swiss could have played on outdoor clay although difficult)

The same for Spaniards : they could only get a seed 7 or 8 in the quarters, which means Croatia or Kazakhstan.

And for the first round, they will have not only a fast surface (not very fast, it's forbidden in Davis cup now although the altitude can help, I saw the surface the Canadians had against France this year, it was in Vancouver and fast but still an "usual" surface) but also a huge jetlag : if Nadal goes far in Australia and wants to play the tie (far from done as he hardly plays Davis cup away from home and he had said one year ago that he "gave up his Davis cup carreer") it will be a trip with a huge jet-lag and with only one week between, not 2 weeks like this year.

Looner 09-19-2012 12:20 PM

I will go for France with a rejuvenated Monfils.

Action Jackson 09-19-2012 12:25 PM

People think Federer is going to play a full DC season two years in a row.