MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can Tsonga turn around his H2H with Djokovic? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=210039)

Sanya 09-15-2012 10:23 AM

Can Tsonga turn around his H2H with Djokovic?

After their quarter at AO-10 Jo leaded with five wins in seven matches between them, losing tough battle in GS final two years ago and one match in Miami. And after that - five losses in a row! For sure he had chances in some of them, but for me very demonstrative was that first set at Toronto-11 semi where Tsonga played on the top (or close) of his tennis and still lost 4-6. Assuredly all remember their meeting in Paris this year... I feel it can be one of the losses which make loser`s hand shake next few times, hard to swallow.

What do you think? Speaking about match-up issue for me it`s clear why Tsonga was/is uncomfortable rival for Nole who likes to crash opponents` second serve and construct rallies. Jo doesn`t give him time to adjust, lack of suitable temp for Djokovic.

Current situation - 7-5 in Nole`s favour. Can we see at least something like 10-10 between guys in a future?

TigerTim 09-15-2012 10:27 AM

Re: Can Tsonga turn around his H2H with Djokovic?

no. Djokovic is on a different level.

Federer in 2 09-15-2012 10:32 AM

No. What TigerTim said.

redshift36188 09-15-2012 11:05 AM

Even at the Olympics, tired Tsonga gave Nole a lot of problems in the 2nd set with the no rythm strategy, as you said. A couple of meetings in the indoor season should put the score back to even.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerTim (Post 12424891)
no. Djokovic is on a different level.

Consistency wise yes, but when they're both at their best, they are on the same level.

BroTree123 09-15-2012 11:11 AM

No. Sadly he fucked up his chance in RG :o

EddieNero 09-15-2012 11:21 AM

Probably not, I can't picture Tsonga beating Nole multiple times from now on, but he will always be a threat and very tough match-up for Djokovic who can cause him trouble when on.

Time Violation 09-15-2012 11:30 AM

H2H shouldn't have been that close in the first place, Tsonga got several wins in a row in few months time/when Novak was shaky and then changed his racquet. Unless Tsonga is really in the zone and painting the lines consistently I don't see Novak losing much here.

Satasonic 09-15-2012 11:35 AM

Nah, he wont. Tsonga regressed since his 2008 form and has only become worse. Sure, he does stand a chance against Djokovic, but will he actually take it? I dont think so.

Since Djokovic converted to his pushing self, there is no way a clown like Clownga can defeat him.

Gillouthe best 09-15-2012 11:38 AM

Jo can't win vs Nole since 2010, right now I think Nole has become a bad matchup for Jo when it was the opposite in 2008-2009. I think their H2H will end at sthng like 11-6 for D'Joke.

Roy Emerson 09-15-2012 12:44 PM

No.

Marcoo 09-15-2012 01:00 PM

nope, they're on 2 different levels

Federer in 2 09-15-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshift36188 (Post 12424982)
Even at the Olympics, tired Tsonga gave Nole a lot of problems in the 2nd set with the no rythm strategy, as you said. A couple of meetings in the indoor season should put the score back to even.

Consistency wise yes, but when they're both at their best, they are on the same level.

No. Prime Djokovic would straight set prime Tsonga.

MaxPower 09-15-2012 02:26 PM

Not on clay. And then I mean blue clay, purple clay and green clay too....

Saberq 09-15-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

:haha:

Mark Lenders 09-15-2012 03:33 PM

Don't think so. Tsonga can beat Novak for sure, but on an average he has too many weaknesses Novak can exploit.

Quote:

Disagree. When they're both playing their absolute best tennis, Tsonga is clearly better. Tsonga's 'peak' days are basically the game that took him deep in Slams many times and as high as world #5 + the backhand and return as weapons instead of huge liabilities. There's very little you can do to stop him when he plays like that, as Federer and Nadal discovered on separate occasions.

I think Novak will win most of their matches because on most days he will be able to expose Jo's shit BH and ROS. He's definitely the much better player of the two. Tsonga is simply unpredictable, he can blow Novak (or anyone) off the court on any given day, but can also easily fold meekly. It's a matchup Novak won't relish at all because even though he knows he will win most times, if Tsonga happens to be on one of those rare days where his game is really clicking there's little he can do to stop him.