MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Doubles Forum (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=981)
-   -   New teams for 2013 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=209976)

smucav 09-14-2012 12:43 AM

New teams for 2013

Bhupathi/Nestor
Mirnyi/Tecau
Lindstedt/Zimonjic

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/09/n...i-split/39414/
Quote:

News & Analysis
Nestor and Mirnyi to split
Aaron Morrissey
Thursday, September 13, 2012

The doubles team of Daniel Nestor and Max Mirnyi will end their partnership at the end of this season, the Canadian journalist Tom Tebbutt reported in hisoblog. The pair played together for two years, won two Roland Garros titles, and reached No. 1.

“Max isn’t confirmed to play a full season next year, he’s a little bit skeptical about his elbow,” Nestor said. “It’s a little bit hard for me to wait until the last second to see what he’s going to do. So I just decided to switch.”

Nestor, 40, will team up with 38-year-old Indian Mahesh Bhupathi, who has been playing with his countryman Rohan Bopanna.

“He’s eager and I’ve had a lot respect for his accomplishments over the years,” said Nestor, who has won 79 doubles titles in his career. “He’s a great doubles player and he has great doubles instincts. I feel that if he can make the transition well to the other side (the deuce court), we can be a very good team.”

Nestor also told Tebbutt that next year, Nenad Zimonjic will play with Robert Linstedt, and Mirnyi will play with Horia Tecau.

Eddy DoubleD 09-14-2012 01:59 AM

Re: New teams for 2013

If Mirnyi has problems, it will suck for Horia:|

mreccentric 09-14-2012 04:25 AM

I had a feeling that Zimonjic and Bhupathi would play together. Now, this is a woderful news. Who will Bopanna play with? Will Qureshi and he partner again?

Pratik 09-14-2012 08:44 AM

These teams are just :facepalm:

Lind/Tec finally split, Horia gets a likeable partner for a change. But, with Mirnyi's problems, this team isn't going to last long. Well, atleast we will have new runner-ups at Wimbledon :lol:

Due to his partnership with Nestor, I may end up supporting Bhupathi for a change :facepalm:

The only good thing is that the Indo-Pak express will be getting back together.

Saviolero 09-14-2012 10:14 AM

And Llodra with???

mreccentric 09-14-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pratik (Post 12422591)
These teams are just :facepalm:

Lind/Tec finally split, Horia gets a likeable partner for a change. But, with Mirnyi's problems, this team isn't going to last long. Well, atleast we will have new runner-ups at Wimbledon :lol:

Due to his partnership with Nestor, I may end up supporting Bhupathi for a change :facepalm:

Hope Bhupathi gets out of mens doubles gs deficit. He's hasn't won it from last 10 years. I'm gonna support him back for two reasons: 1) he teaming up Nestor; 2) terminating quite a bad partnership with Bopanna.

It will be nice if Bopanna teams again with Qureshi. But, are you sure about this, as you're saying?

Lins/Tec :facepalm:
Mirnyi :facepalm:

Zimonjic should be happy because he broke his partnership with Llodra. BTW, People win GS when they team with :worship:Nestor:worship:. Same happened to Zimonjic and Mirnyi. I still can't believe that Bhupathi has teamed Nestor.

kaustav4 09-14-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mreccentric (Post 12422897)
Hope Bhupathi gets out of mens doubles gs deficit. He's hasn't won it from last 10 years. I'm gonna support him back for two reasons: 1) he teaming up Nestor; 2) terminating quite a bad partnership with Bopanna.

It will be nice if Bopanna teams again with Qureshi. But, are you sure about this, as you're saying?

Lins/Tec :facepalm:
Mirnyi :facepalm:

Zimonjic should be happy because he broke his partnership with Llodra. BTW, People win GS when they team with :worship:Nestor:worship:. Same happened to Zimonjic and Mirnyi. I still can't believe that Bhupathi has teamed Nestor.

Yes goo decision from Mahesh Bhupathi to splt up with Bopanna...But why do you cant belive that Bhupathi teamong up with Nestor ? :)

mreccentric 09-14-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaustav4 (Post 12423163)
Yes goo decision from Mahesh Bhupathi to splt up with Bopanna...But why do you cant belive that Bhupathi teamong up with Nestor ? :)

Just like that... it will be good to see him with a good partner. He didn't have a such good partner excluding Leander Paes. Now i think, both Leander and Mahesh would be quite equally competitive in Men's Doubles.

kaustav4 09-14-2012 02:53 PM

Absolutely right...Actually with Mirnyi he was lethal in 2003-04..But after that he didn't have good partners and Mark Knowles was way past its prime in 2008-09..So finally if they click Mahesh would be very competitive...All the best for this team 2013...And my support would with them for sure :)

kaustav4 09-14-2012 02:56 PM

Daniel Nestor-Mahesh Bhupathi 2013 team

So very interesting new team for 2013..This team can be very good..guys have your say :)

Certinfy 09-14-2012 05:03 PM

Very interesting.

Really hope Tecau can finally win Wimbledon though, deserves it so much.

MaxPower 09-14-2012 06:01 PM

Dunno why Lindstedt/Tecau split. They had something going on. Won their first M1000 just weeks ago an qualified for WTF much earlier than last year. Mirnyi is plagued by injuries...

Zimonjic/Llodra hasn't done so well it seems and I honestly don't know who's fault that is. But Lindstedt and Tecau complemented their games very well and i'd be surprised if either of Mirnyi/Tecau or Lindstedt/Zimonjic actually does better. But you never know with doubles.

doubles players seem to like a fresh start every now and then. Just a bit odd to break up when you do really well in a season

Pirata. 09-14-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pratik (Post 12422591)

Hope so.

Pratik 09-15-2012 06:32 AM

Re: Daniel Nestor-Mahesh Bhupathi 2013 team

Merge with "New teams for 2013" thread

gaitare 09-15-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxPower (Post 12423779)
Dunno why Lindstedt/Tecau split. They had something going on. Won their first M1000 just weeks ago an qualified for WTF much earlier than last year. Mirnyi is plagued by injuries...

Zimonjic/Llodra hasn't done so well it seems and I honestly don't know who's fault that is. But Lindstedt and Tecau complemented their games very well and i'd be surprised if either of Mirnyi/Tecau or Lindstedt/Zimonjic actually does better. But you never know with doubles.

doubles players seem to like a fresh start every now and then. Just a bit odd to break up when you do really well in a season

They must have been tired mentally and they must have felt they won't win a slam together. Such a losing history stays deeply in you and I think it's even tougher for a team than it is for a singles player to deal with it.