MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Site keeps hanging (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=209846)

alypen 09-11-2012 01:44 AM

Site keeps hanging

Am I the only one getting this? Every now and then, the site just hangs, the eggtimer shows up for ages and ages, and there's nothing I can do about it apart from Ctrl-Alt-Del or End Now. When I look in Task Manager, I find there are two instances of the page that's causing the problem open. Now, sometimes that may have been down to me double-clicking, but at other times it isn't.

Using Internet Explorer 8/Windows XP, although I think I've had the problem with Firefox as well.

sdtoot 09-11-2012 09:55 PM

Re: Site keeps hanging

Both TF and MTF hang all the time when I run Internet Explorer 7 at home and at work. However I don't seem to get any problems with both sites using Firefox, so I am pretty certain that it is a browser compatibilty issue.

Boarder35m 09-11-2012 11:48 PM

I am using firefox, too, and just today I have big problems with "405 errors" and endless loading of pages for about 15 minutes.
Now it works again though :D

Alex999 10-24-2012 06:38 PM

I use Firefox and it's so bad today. it drives me crazy. it takes forever to load any page. My internet connection is super fast. c'mon guys restart the server.

Goldenoldie 10-24-2012 09:25 PM

I'm on Firefox and my problems are not just with MTF, I'm getting failures on the ATP site and POGO (internet games) as well.

Kat_YYZ 10-25-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldenoldie (Post 12505853)
I'm on Firefox and my problems are not just with MTF, I'm getting failures on the ATP site and POGO (internet games) as well.

the ATP site sucks :( has a lot of problems and pages that won't load or the H2H function not working. I don't understand how they can be so lazy not to upgrade that site and fix the bugs.

scoobs 10-25-2012 08:38 AM

I will report it but I am using Chrome and haven't experienced all these reported issues - it's quite likely to be something that clears itself up.

Mae 10-28-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ (Post 12506360)
the ATP site sucks :( has a lot of problems and pages that won't load or the H2H function not working. I don't understand how they can be so lazy not to upgrade that site and fix the bugs.

I'm not having trouble here, but that ATP site is indeed truly awful! I didn't realize how bad it was until I started playing TT. Maybe I need to try using Chrome there to see if that helps any.

Freak3yman84 10-29-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 12512244)
I'm not having trouble here, but that ATP site is indeed truly awful! I didn't realize how bad it was until I started playing TT. Maybe I need to try using Chrome there to see if that helps any.

I'll save you some time Mae, it doesn't help :p:p:p

Mae 11-02-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12514643)
I'll save you some time Mae, it doesn't help :p:p:p

Thanks Dylan :) So now I won't have to waste my time trying it! But what in the world is wrong with that site anyway?????

Freak3yman84 11-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 12525109)
Thanks Dylan :) So now I won't have to waste my time trying it! But what in the world is wrong with that site anyway?????

Who knows :rolleyes:

If it actually worked well and loaded then it would make my TT picks go by a lot faster! :lol:

I bet they've been contacted about it 1,000 + times, but they never seem to do anything :mad:

Mae 11-03-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12525444)
Who knows :rolleyes:

If it actually worked well and loaded then it would make my TT picks go by a lot faster! :lol:

I bet they've been contacted about it 1,000 + times, but they never seem to do anything :mad:

I seriously doubt if the ATP people really care about TT, but really they should because it shows an interest in and promotes tennis. I don't know why some people are having trouble with this site. I haven't had any problems here for a while now. Although I'm sure I just jinxed myself good!

Eden 11-11-2012 11:00 AM

It takes ages for me to load MTF and being able to log in. Once I'm registered everything works well.
I'm using IE 7.