MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=209402)

Dmitry Verdasco 09-03-2012 01:29 AM

Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

LIVE ON AIR!

Rafter saying it's not good enough, he needs to put the work in, unimpressive. Said he mention the 'D' word - Davis Cup - and said he won't be playing unless he sees an improvement.

Masur agrees.

:eek:

Love how Tomic is the scape goat for Tennis Australia's failings. They fail to recognize Tomic as our best player since Hewitt. Maybe they should be telling the Kublers, Savilles, Mitchells, Brydan Kleins and Todd Reids to work harder :confused:

I don't even like Tomic, but I think it's hilarious how pressed they are about the fact that he just doesn't give a shit :lol:

Dmitry Verdasco 09-03-2012 01:29 AM

Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

Thoughts?

abraxas21 09-03-2012 01:34 AM

shockingly enough, i actually agree with you for once.

tomic hasn't had a good year considering the expectations but hes still the most promising aussie player by far. his attitude could use some improvement and so does his game. however, he still does have one of the most interesting games in the top 100 and as such is a great guy to watch.

would be interesting to see which players rafter and masur would like to play DC if not for tomic. they should STFU in my humble opinion.

Topspindoctor 09-03-2012 01:35 AM

If it were up to me, Tomug would be banned from tennis entirely and be forced to dispose of dog shit in public parks for a living.

nole_no1 09-03-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 12380863)
If it were up to me, Tomug would be banned from tennis entirely and be forced to dispose of dog shit in public parks for a living.

:superlol: Seems legit

LE: abraxas21 just gave me a bad repute because i don't share the same oppinion with him. What a sad sad story :lol:

fluffyyelloballz 09-03-2012 01:44 AM

I am with you.
Tomic is nineteen and he has achieved more than what Rafter or Masur had done by that age.
Tomic has had nothing but criticism from the Australian tennis clique, who can forget the ridiculous hoo hah when he wouldn't practice with 'king Hewiit'.
No wonder Tomic feels no debt to them or gives a monkeys how he represents his country.
Good luck to Tomic. Everyone has bad matches, his defeat against Roddick was pitiful but that is all it was. Nothing malicious or rude. Just a mental collapse from a boy who had reached the Wimbledon quarters in his teens.

dencod16 09-03-2012 01:44 AM

They are facing Germany which has a good squad and Tomic as far as i see along with Hewitt has the best chance to win it for them, they cannot risk it with Ebden or Matosevic. Though Ebden is a good doubles players so i think he should be shoe in for doubles.

dencod16 09-03-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffyyelloballz (Post 12380873)
I am with you.
Tomic is nineteen and he has achieved more than what Rafter or Masur had done by that age.
Tomic has had nothing but criticism from the Australian tennis clique, who can forget the ridiculous hoo hah when he wouldn't practice with 'king Hewiit'.
No wonder Tomic feels no debt to them or gives a monkeys how he represents his country.
Good luck to Tomic. Everyone has bad matches, his defeat against Roddick was pitiful but that is all it was. Nothing malicious or rude. Just a mental collapse from a boy who had reached the Wimbledon quarters in his teens.

I don't think it has anything to do with Hewitt, i think they have been getting along lately.

Q. Pat is obviously the captain, but are you the sort of guy who might get in Bernie's ear?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. You know, I've got along well with Bernie for the last couple of years now, and, you know, we have practiced quite a bit together, nearly at most tournaments we have played last couple years, or last year and a half or so. And then, you know, obviously we were the only two guys in the Olympics on the men's side, so we spent a lot of time together there, as well. In terms of all that, I think he does listen to me quite a bit. Even when he's spoken about things, you know, whether he was playing Roddick or, yeah, his game a little bit during the Olympics when he was down on confidence a little bit. So, yeah, that's what I'm there for. Been around for a long time now. Yeah, he had a disappointing loss here in the second round last year to Cilic, and then he came out and played pretty well in the Davis Cup against Roger and Stan. Yeah, hopefully he can get it together.

I think everyone knows that he wasn't that one that made the decision not to practice with Hewitt but his douche father.

abraxas21 09-03-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffyyelloballz (Post 12380873)
I am with you.

+1

you can't comprehend the aussies. they admire a bogan who has behaved much worse than him throughout most of his career and can't stop criticizing a 19 year old kid.

Hewitt =Legend 09-03-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

But then what are you going to do mate?

Rafter is right to an extent but the reason he is overly pissed is because he knows how good B-Nard can be.

paseo 09-03-2012 02:01 AM

What's the "D" word? Davis Cup?

fast_clay 09-03-2012 02:02 AM

d is for dropshot... NardDog needs to employ it a bit more... aussie subliminal code... OP should have clarified...

grahampros 09-03-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12380887)
+1

you can't comprehend the aussies. they admire a bogan who has behaved much worse than him throughout most of his career and can't stop criticizing a 19 year old kid.

It is fairly amusing by Rafter when he has the lovely distinction himself of being the first US Open champion to loose in the first round the next year, nor was really known for being such a class act himself. The kid needs some schooling no doubt, but there is no need to go blowing it out of proportion. There are not many athletes who haven't had a performance or press conference that was not their best moments.

Smoke944 09-03-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grahampros (Post 12380903)
It is fairly amusing by Rafter when he has the lovely distinction himself of being the first US Open champion to loose in the first round the next year, nor was really known for being such a class act himself. The kid needs some schooling no doubt, but there is no need to go blowing it out of proportion. There are not many athletes who haven't had a performance or press conference that was not their best moments.

so because Pat Rafter lost in the first round of the US Open he can't criticize him? good one bro

Audacity 09-03-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

:lol: