MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are you happy? Why or why not? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=208459)

Johnny Groove 08-18-2012 07:56 PM

Are you happy? Why or why not?

Simple question.

Myself, I am not happy. I have aspirations I have yet to achieve. Of course things can be worse, and I guess objectively I am doing ok, but I want more from life.

Topspindoctor 08-19-2012 02:14 AM

Re: Are you happy? Why or why not?

Yes, I am, because I made my own happiness the most important goal of my life. I am not religious, I don't believe in hell, heaven, afterlife and reincarnation, so I believe you are given only one life and that is it. So why spend it unhappy, depressed or chasing some unrealstic goal? I'd rather enjoy this limited time I am given in this world. Let some fanatic, zealot or politician chase some "high" goal. I am content where I am. And the more time I spend enjoying my life, the better life I am living - and that is the only thing that matters to me.

viruzzz 08-19-2012 02:37 AM

ATM i'm "Meh"

But i'm working a lot on it, and it's doing so fuckin well. I know I will be a really happy person in the near future.

superslam77 08-19-2012 03:02 AM

yes i'm very happy oh wait this is non tennis NVM :)

bleu_cheese 08-19-2012 05:45 AM

Sometimes I am happy, and other times I am not happy. When I am happy, I usually tell people that I am not happy, and vice versa.

Chirag 08-19-2012 05:50 AM

;of course I am happy .No point being unhappy in life :shrug:

Sri 08-19-2012 07:30 AM

I'm not happy. But I am proud of a few things.
I''m not unhappy either. But I am disappointed for many things.

I'm trying to imbibe that famous Wimbledon / Kipling quote:
Quote:

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two imposters just the same
I've read too much Eckhart Tolle. And started believing it. :-)

I just am.

The Prince 08-19-2012 07:44 AM

No, but I hate talking about it.

Andi-M 08-19-2012 09:18 AM

I think true happiness is quite rare. Im angry at myself for being the way i am sometimes, but considering all the wonderful things I have, I can not but be content and thankful.

chenx15 08-19-2012 12:54 PM

i am very happy. as long as i can play tennis i will always be happy

BroTree123 08-19-2012 03:17 PM

It's a tough concept to grasp that's for sure.

TBkeeper 08-19-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 12336856)
Yes, I am, because I made my own happiness the most important goal of my life. I am not religious, I don't believe in hell, heaven, afterlife and reincarnation, so I believe you are given only one life and that is it. So why spend it unhappy, depressed or chasing some unrealstic goal? I'd rather enjoy this limited time I am given in this world. Let some fanatic, zealot or politician chase some "high" goal. I am content where I am. And the more time I spend enjoying my life, the better life I am living - and that is the only thing that matters to me.

The same with me man !

HKz 08-19-2012 11:35 PM

I think I'm pretty happy. Recently graduated with two business degrees, have a great job working for Toyota (which I get great benefits especially with for their cars), I have a very fun wife and son, have a nice three bed/bath condo only 10 minutes away from work with no mortgage (most proud of actually :D ) and I have plenty of spare time every day to play tennis and write/record music. Only thing missing is probably that I wish I would play more tennis tournaments, but I think that has mostly to do with being lazy...sometimes tough to get out of bed on a weekend after a 60 hour week.. Oh and perhaps I wish I had more vacation days to go off somewhere :( but that is all in due time, progressing fast enough in career so nothing to worry about.

Other than that, don't really do much else, haha. Not really religious, so I guess no stress comes from there :p and no one really gives me any shit in life, so that is always a plus.

EliSter 08-20-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKz (Post 12340241)
I think I'm pretty happy. Recently graduated with two business degrees, have a great job working for Toyota (which I get great benefits especially with for their cars), I have a very fun wife and son, have a nice three bed/bath condo only 10 minutes away from work with no mortgage (most proud of actually :D ) and I have plenty of spare time every day to play tennis and write/record music. Only thing missing is probably that I wish I would play more tennis tournaments, but I think that has mostly to do with being lazy...sometimes tough to get out of bed on a weekend after a 60 hour week.. Oh and perhaps I wish I had more vacation days to go off somewhere :( but that is all in due time, progressing fast enough in career so nothing to worry about.

Other than that, don't really do much else, haha. Not really religious, so I guess no stress comes from there :p and no one really gives me any shit in life, so that is always a plus.

I envy u right here lol :p

Anyways i find myself happy, ofc there are more things that i need to solve so i could be peacefull but well, there isnt such a thing as constant happines, sooner or later all the happines u have will be balanced with bad things. But ofc at the end in the memory only good things remains.

BroTree123 08-20-2012 12:15 PM

I am not happy......

....with the clay warrior king.