MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   The FedPotro Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207956)

Arkulari 08-09-2012 09:34 PM

The FedPotro Thread

As promised, here it is.

Juan gave Roger one shirt from his fave football team, Boca Juniors:

Looner 08-09-2012 09:38 PM

Re: The FedPotro Thread

Good thread. Instant subscription. I love watching Roger play Delboy and he's genuinely one of the few guys I don't mind seeing Roger lose to (compared to the rest of the tour :p).

Arkulari 08-09-2012 09:43 PM

Juan is just lovely and he likes Roger a lot even if the Swiss has beaten him a lot :lol:

Roamed 08-09-2012 09:51 PM

Fedpotro :awww:

I love this quote from Roland Garros 09 -

Quote:

Q. You’re going to face Federer in the semifinal. Quite a few players and tennis fans would like Roger to win this tournament because it’s the only Grand Slam he hasn’t won yet.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: We feel the pression of the fans, everybody want Roger to win this tournament. But if I can’t do it, if I can’t win this tournament, I want to see, next Sunday, Roger with the trophy.

Arkulari 08-09-2012 10:07 PM

Juan :hearts:

Radar 08-09-2012 10:39 PM

I like JuJu :hug:

Sunset of Age 08-10-2012 12:03 AM

Hee hee!

Me approves. :p :worship: :hearts:

Kat_YYZ 08-10-2012 12:19 AM

they seem to really like each other :awww:

Arkulari 08-10-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Martin del Potro
In the awarding of the medals, everyone was hoping for Djokovic for bronze. When Federer saw me, he was glad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Martin del Potro
When Roger beat me, his greeting at the net was more of a friend than a rival in the circuit

awwww :hearts:

:haha:

Chirag 08-10-2012 09:31 AM

wow this is a great thread :lol:

Chirag 08-10-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roamed (Post 12310112)
Fedpotro :awww:

I love this quote from Roland Garros 09 -

I remember that quote :) People jumped on him for saying that as they believed he would not try at all and give it to Roger in a plate :rolleyes: Boy were they wrong

Looner 08-10-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkulari (Post 12310684)
awwww :hearts:

:haha:

:worship:

coluta 08-10-2012 10:00 AM

Q. After that extraordinary semifinal you played against Del Potro, do you think this could have some effect in your relationship to him, make you closer to him because of this experience?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, those are matches that sort of remind you of some great battles, becomes personal almost to a degree in a nice way. So we could look back at this and have something in common.
I didn't know who won until I lost my match today. So I was looking. I saw the Serbian flag in the room I was waiting. No Argentinian flag, so who won? I thought Novak won. I came out and I saw Juan Martin. I said, Wow. Great effort. I'm so happy for you after the brutal loss.
I don't think many were favoring Juan Martin to win that match. That was a great, great effort. I was extremely happy for him, disappointed for Novak, but I didn't see Novak, but I was just really happy for Juan Martin.

Roamed 08-10-2012 10:18 AM

This thread is perfection :awww: Plus they're playing their exo at the end of this year!

DemiCrayanhan 08-10-2012 10:42 AM

i feel dirty...like i'm cheating on fedal.