MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Ernests Gulbis Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=970)
-   -   Mission Possible: Getting Back to the Top 100 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207950)

-Evita- 08-09-2012 07:30 PM

Mission Possible: Getting Back to the Top 100

Let's start a new cheering thread. Ernests got into Cincinnati qualifying with his old ranking, and hopefully he doesn't pull out because of his shoulder problems. I haven't seen anything about his shoulder in the Latvian media so I hope it's not a serious injury.

Cincinnati qualifying starts on Saturday.

TravelingFanGirl 08-09-2012 11:13 PM

Re: Mission Possible: Getting Back to the Top 100

Paldies Evita! (btw Congratulations to Latvia for the bronze medal in Beach Volleyball. I really enjoyed watching all the games! Good to have some Latvians on my TV :p ) I too saw Ernests' name on the qualifiers list & I'm hoping he will be there as originally planned. I have tweeted Novotny about it days ago but didn't expect a reply, especially considering there haven't been tweets in some time. I will find out soon enough! *crosses fingers*

eze 08-10-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade08 (Post 12310345)
Paldies Evita! (btw Congratulations to Latvia for the bronze medal in Beach Volleyball. I really enjoyed watching all the games! Good to have some Latvians on my TV :p )

Thanks, it was great evening for all Latvians and Latvia fans:)

MaxItaly 08-10-2012 10:41 AM

Hi what's the twitter name of Erno ?

TravelingFanGirl 08-10-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxItaly (Post 12311177)
Hi what's the twitter name of Erno ?

Ernests does not use his twitter so it's pretty pointless at the moment. :lol:

-Evita- 08-11-2012 07:02 AM

The qualifying draw is out. Ernest's first opponent is Lu and then probably Falla who is playing Ryan Harrison's younger brother in the first round.

I think he has good chances to qualify if he's healthy but you never know, Falla can be a tricky opponent, Ernie has lost to him twice and won 3 times.

-Evita- 08-11-2012 03:41 PM

Ernests is playing against Lu now. He had 3 consecutive BPs at 2-2 but didn't break :o Then he saved 2 BPs in his own service game. 3-3 now. I thought he would get broken in this game :bolt:

kryptonmania 08-11-2012 04:27 PM

Unfortunately he lost to Lu. 3:6 2:6
5 double faults and very low 1st serve %...sigh...

kryptonmania 08-11-2012 04:41 PM

So his ranking will go down to around No.143 next week. He won't make it into the main draw of US Open with such low ranking.
I really want to see him in New York :(

MaxItaly 08-11-2012 05:19 PM

lu ??? This is a free fall:confused:

TravelingFanGirl 08-12-2012 01:47 AM

Hey Everyone! :wavey: If you follow my twitter @CM_TravelingFG ;) You would have seen my tweets from the match. As you can see, it wasn't a good one. I really can't sugar coat it, even though I want to! I spoke to him before the match and asked him how his shoulder was. He was all smiles as he said it feels better. It didn't seem to bother him in the match so I can't use that as an excuse to why he lost. I really don't know what was wrong with him today! It was just error after error! He had some good points but Lu was the solid player out there today. Btw- Bresnik & Papa were not in Cincinnati. I will do a larger write up of the match for a blog & will post it in the future!

Truedaisy 08-12-2012 01:06 PM

Hi Jade! :wavey: Edna here. I am sorry that Ernests lost his qualifying match. Maybe he did not think that this was an important one to win? Anyway, do you know when he will play next? Is he going to play at the USO? Thanks for any info you can give me. :)

MaxItaly 08-13-2012 08:08 AM

Is he in Salem ?

deyaT87 08-13-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptonmania (Post 12315089)
So his ranking will go down to around No.143 next week. He won't make it into the main draw of US Open with such low ranking.
I really want to see him in New York :(

I think he will be in main draw...when the entry list came out he was around 70. place on atp list

clandis 08-15-2012 03:12 AM

He practiced with Davydenko at Cincinnati today. Leving tomorrow. Ask Courtney:wavey: