MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Tennis players in a last man standing, battle to the death arena (hunger games style) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207860)

finishingmove 08-08-2012 05:31 AM

Tennis players in a last man standing, battle to the death arena (hunger games style)

Who would you favour? Vultures? Tacticians?

Name some players you think could win such a contest.

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about: they would be put in a controlled environment and fight to the death. Pretty much like gladiators in their time, but it would be out in the open and they could use natural resources to aid them in surviving.

Maybe this guy? He's been living as a hermit for a few years now. Probably learned a lot about wilderness, and he's got the spirit to endure.

Or maybe this one? Can't underestimate those biceps and the thick legs.

What about him? He's surely a toughened piece of iron.

Or this young fella? Already applying the war paint. Gotta love his drive.

Or maybe...

???

:confused:

BackhandDTL 08-08-2012 06:04 AM

Re: Tennis players in a last man standing, battle to the death arena (hunger games st

Current, retired, or anyone?

If we're talking retired, I'd list Safin and Lendl as top contenders.

From the current group, Tsonga, Haas, and Hewitt all seem like especially tough bastards.

MuzzahLovah 08-08-2012 07:16 AM

Re: Tennis players in a last man standing, battle to the death arena (hunger games st

Rafa is too dumb, Fed and Nole are too frail. Murray is the only one who would survive past the cornucopia out of the top 4. Nishikori would end up winning.

Chase Visa 08-08-2012 10:45 AM

Hewitt.

finishingmove 08-08-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackhandDTL (Post 12305558)
Current, retired, or anyone?

If we're talking retired, I'd list Safin and Lendl as top contenders.

From the current group, Tsonga, Haas, and Hewitt all seem like especially tough bastards.

Let's keep it simple with active players only.

Nathaliia 08-08-2012 01:52 PM

i wouldnt underestimate fed
switzerland managed to stay independent for all these years

they only look like harmless cuckoo clock inventors...

also i heard nishikori comes from a won edition of battle royale so watch this one too

Freak3yman84 08-08-2012 01:56 PM

'Nuff said.

finishingmove 08-08-2012 02:02 PM

Some players could team up against others, like Melzer and Petzschner, or the Spanish players.

Take that into account as well. Who could take on the Spanish Armada in this kind of thing?

Would have to be a very good tactician.

Freak3yman84 08-08-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finishingmove (Post 12306172)
Some players could team up against others, like Melzer and Petzschner, or the Spanish players.

Take that into account as well. Who could take on the Spanish Armada in this kind of thing?

Would have to be a very good tactician.

The Spanish Armada would be no match for the Warlocq!

finishingmove 08-08-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12306179)

Berlocq could team up with Nalbandian and win the battle of endurance.

By that I mean eat Dave when things become tough.

Freak3yman84 08-08-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finishingmove (Post 12306189)
Berlocq could team up with Nalbandian and win the battle of endurance.

By that I mean eat Dave when things become tough.

:haha:

The Prince 08-08-2012 02:21 PM

The Spanish are akin to the Career Tributes.

I would back Flo Mayer though. He'll find sneaky ways to kill his opponents.

Sham Kay 08-08-2012 02:30 PM

After these two outlast the rest, rather than fight to the death they'd threaten to commit suicide together. The rules will be reversed and a single winner declared - manlove

coluta 08-08-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 (Post 12306179)

They are in a league of their own, nobody can take them down:

Plus they have the super secret weapon: the ready for battle Rafa. At the sight of his fight face the enemy would simply have to take one big step back.

coluta 08-08-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sham Kay (Post 12306235)
After these two outlast the rest, rather than fight to the death they'd threaten to commit suicide together. The rules will be reversed and a single winner declared - manlove

Unfortunately I can rep you only once :(