MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Murray's Singles Gold and Mixed Silver or Federer's Doubles Gold and Singles Silver? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207687)

Freak3yman84 08-05-2012 05:51 PM

Murray's Singles Gold and Mixed Silver or Federer's Doubles Gold and Singles Silver?

Which is more impressive? I would go with Murrays singles gold and mixed silver just because of the singles gold though :p. I'll be interested to see how the poll turns out. Don't be bias!

sexybeast 08-05-2012 05:52 PM

Re: Murray's Singles Gold and Mixed Silver or Federer's Doubles Gold and Singles Silv

Murray's is more impressive. Even Nadal's singles gold is more impressive than Feds double gold+singles silver.

Lleyton_ 08-05-2012 05:52 PM

Re: Murray's Singles Gold and Mixed Silver or Federer's Doubles Gold and Singles Silv

They are both more impressive than Nadal's gold and Djoke's bronze :smoke:

Lopez 08-05-2012 05:53 PM

1 gold 1 silver == 1 gold 1 silver

Mystique 08-05-2012 05:53 PM

Federer's career:D

IOFH 08-05-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lleyton_ (Post 12297734)

This.

Mystique 08-05-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybeast (Post 12297732)
Murray's is more impressive. Even Nadal's singles gold is more impressive than Feds double gold+singles silver.

no it is not. A two time Olympic Medalist>One time olympic medalist

blank_frackis 08-05-2012 05:58 PM

Murray basically won the mixed silver by himself as far as I could tell, he just had Robson rolling in a few serves to start some of the points.

ServeVolley 08-05-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybeast (Post 12297732)
Even Nadal's singles gold is more impressive than Feds double gold+singles silver.

1 gold + 1 silver > 1 gold :wavey:

Freak3yman84 08-05-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blank_frackis (Post 12297784)
Murray basically won the mixed silver by himself as far as I could tell, he just had Robson rolling in a few serves to start some of the points.

:haha: This.

stuey87 08-05-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blank_frackis (Post 12297784)

Precisely right - hence why his is more impressive...

nole_no1 08-05-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lleyton_ (Post 12297734)

I bet Murray would give those medals for just one Grand Slam title :smoke:

scoobs 08-05-2012 06:04 PM

Gold = Gold.

Doesn't matter what event. That's what the Olympics is all about.

Vamos_Me_Rafa 08-05-2012 06:06 PM

Singles Gold. We all know that's what Regina wanted after King Rafa completed the Golden Career Slam. That's what she was gunning for. It meant the world to her. She lost and now she's crushed beyond belief. She's on Sharapova's level now with the meaningless title of "Silver Career Slam". :spit:

Chris Kuerten 08-05-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 12297834)
Gold = Gold.

Doesn't matter what event. That's what the Olympics is all about.

Agreed.