MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Grigor Dimitrov Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1358)
-   -   Grigor's debut at Rogers Cup (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207597)

kr1s71an 08-04-2012 05:13 AM

Grigor's debut at Rogers Cup

Hopefully he will pass the qualies easily and then score some wins in the main draw :)

[1] Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) vs Marco Chiudinelli (SUI)
[wc] Milan Pokrajac (CAN) vs [7] Jurgen Zopp (EST)

His first match is today and will start at 4:30-5:30 PM CET :)

The Prince 08-04-2012 05:14 AM

Re: Grigor's debut at Rogers Cup

Tricky draw, but best of luck.

Hypnotize 08-04-2012 03:40 PM

If he has had enough time to practice on hard courts he should come through those matches.

nadejda 08-04-2012 05:26 PM

very bad start! cannot put a serve in!

nadejda 08-04-2012 05:29 PM

phew saved 3 BP to hold from 0-40 and not getting broken for second time! 1-2

Lazyking 08-04-2012 05:34 PM

yeah three DF, looks like it could be three setter

Lazyking 08-04-2012 07:39 PM

Grigor lost 26 75 64.

Quite embarrassing.

Hypnotize 08-04-2012 09:23 PM

Clearly his head is still at the Olympics. The loss is disappointing but if he get his act together by next week, it's not a problem. His stats weren't good particularly in the 1st and 3rd set and it looks like he is still struggling with his serve. It's crazy that someone with such a good serve couldn't get a single ace in the match and dropped serve so often.

Kat_YYZ 08-05-2012 05:35 AM

I was at the tournament on Saturday and saw the last set. Grigor seemed to have trouble staying focused. I didn't think he was too bad, and it's quite surprising that Marco was the more steady one, but that's just how it goes sometimes, I guess. I took a few pics (sorry for the bad quality; old camera :o)

Hypnotize 08-05-2012 11:53 AM

Thanks for the pictures and info on his match.

BlueLighthouse 08-05-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

@tomtebbutt Dimitrov hobbled (foot?) thru Q match with Chiudinelli - serving 3/4 speed - not sure how he got close (6-4 in 3rd) or why he didn't quit
So it seems he's not 100% physically.

Hypnotize 08-05-2012 07:05 PM

I hope he's not too badly injured and is healed by next week. At least it explains why he had so much trouble holding serve

nadejda 08-06-2012 06:17 AM

Grigor Dimitrov @ Facebook
Hi from Toronto! Tough match yesterday. A little injured but i ll be good for Cincinnati. Couple of days off and back on track!.

I hope he will be ok for the next Tournament
It surely explain his weak service :sad:

Hypnotize 08-06-2012 08:46 AM

It's his third surface in the last month so it's not a huge surprise if he picked up an injury. With any luck it will just be a minor one and he will be at full strength next week. He needs his serve to be firing if he is going to do any damage on the US hard courts.

I'm pleased to see he's updating his fans on Facebook. It would be good if he did that a bit more often.

mlrf11 08-08-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ (Post 12293985)
I was at the tournament on Saturday and saw the last set. Grigor seemed to have trouble staying focused. I didn't think he was too bad, and it's quite surprising that Marco was the more steady one, but that's just how it goes sometimes, I guess. I took a few pics (sorry for the bad quality; old camera :o)

Oh Kat how lucky were you despite the tournament lost who you wanted to see. :hug:
Unfortunately he didn't win. And I'm not watching it at all ap to now.
How is watching him live? Is it as amzing as on TV ot it's better? How is his footwork live?
I hope to see him in Rome next year ;)