MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   My son thinks I'm friends with Pro Tennis players (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207438)

yesyesok 08-01-2012 08:30 PM

My son thinks I'm friends with Pro Tennis players

I'm not deluded or anything, not like that.

My four year old son sees me watching tennis a lot and asks the names of players. He knows most of the big guys and a few others, Federer is his favourite because he was wearing blue during a phase when blue was my son's favourite colour.

He also knows I go out to play tennis with my friends from time to time. (I'm terrible btw, regularly lose service games through 4 DFs)

But seeing as he doesn't understand the difference between normal folk playing and professional tennis he thinks I'm friends with the players on the TV, and asks why we never go to visit Roger Federer or Andy Murray.

Same thing for Fernando Alonso in F1 and the Celtic players.

Anyone else's kids think along these lines?

coluta 08-01-2012 08:35 PM

Re: My son thinks I'm friends with Pro Tennis players

Adorable! :hearts::hearts:

tripwires 08-02-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesyesok (Post 12278386)
I'm not deluded or anything, not like that.

My four year old son sees me watching tennis a lot and asks the names of players. He knows most of the big guys and a few others, Federer is his favourite because he was wearing blue during a phase when blue was my son's favourite colour.

He also knows I go out to play tennis with my friends from time to time. (I'm terrible btw, regularly lose service games through 4 DFs)

But seeing as he doesn't understand the difference between normal folk playing and professional tennis he thinks I'm friends with the players on the TV, and asks why we never go to visit Roger Federer or Andy Murray.

Same thing for Fernando Alonso in F1 and the Celtic players.

Anyone else's kids think along these lines?

:awww: Your son is so adorable.

BroTree123 08-02-2012 03:34 AM

One time I liked Haas alot when I was a just a wee boy. I wrote a letter about how much I admired his game and personality. I got my sister to mail it...but I never got a reply back :awww: :sad:

abraxas21 08-02-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroTree123 (Post 12279274)
One time I liked Haas alot when I was a just a wee boy. I wrote a letter about how much I admired his game and personality. I got my sister to mail it...but I never got a reply back :awww: :sad:

im guessing that incident happened 2 or 3 years ago

Paylu2007 08-02-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroTree123 (Post 12279274)

:sad: :sad:

Pirata. 08-02-2012 02:36 PM

You should try and get tickets for WTF and take your son to see the guys in London, I think he would really like that :)

yesyesok 08-03-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirata. (Post 12280777)
You should try and get tickets for WTF and take your son to see the guys in London, I think he would really like that :)

I was going to but have decided to leave it until 2013 when he'll be pushing 6, that way he'll remember it all better. I don't think/know if it's gonnae be in London 2014 and beyond.

Orka_n 08-03-2012 05:26 PM

Love this thread. It is a fresh breeze of innocence in a forum full of idiots and trolls.

Edda 08-04-2012 02:13 AM

How cute! He should get some tennis lessons! They start that young in Spain!