MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most hated surface (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207325)

Andy1402 07-31-2012 11:46 AM

Most hated surface

Which surface is the most hated by fans.
I think it's clay, maybe because nadal has dominated it for so long. Or is it some other surface?
vote in the poll amd post your reasons in the thread.

Burrow 07-31-2012 11:52 AM

Re: Most hated surface

The funny thing is that clay before Nadal was an exciting surface with players who used lots of court craft succeeding.

Zambanas 07-31-2012 11:53 AM

Clay, cause mostly there are weaponless pushers or moonballers who wins these clay events, playing their disgusting style of tennis.

Litotes 07-31-2012 11:53 AM

I don't hate any surfaces. I think all of them has a rightful place in the calendar.

Chris Kuerten 07-31-2012 11:54 AM

Clay is the most beautiful surface, too bad blind hate for Nadal has changed this for a lot of people.

The Prince 07-31-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litotes (Post 12270572)
I don't hate any surfaces. I think all of them has a rightful place in the calendar.

This.

bounccer 07-31-2012 12:01 PM

Clay

Not because Nadal win all the time like the 11 years old op suggests but because it's where the talented strikers (the most entertaining tennis players) struggle the most due to the fact that their talent/touch is nullified by the fitness and the consistency of some claycourters.

Sri 07-31-2012 12:02 PM

Slow clay or slow hard courts.

The problem isn't them necessarily, but that the tour is bloated with too many of these.

Punky 07-31-2012 12:05 PM

Slow clay like in MC, I can't stand when it takes an hour to finish one point and I hate long games.
I also think this year AO was badddd and dangerous to the players health.

Andy1402 07-31-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounccer (Post 12270594)
Clay

Not because Nadal win all the time like the 11 years old op suggests but because it's where the talented strikers (the most entertaining tennis players) struggle the most due to the fact that their talent/touch is nullified by the fitness and the consistency of some claycourters.

Hey, what's with the insults man? I just stated one of their reasons why clay may be the most hated surface. It's not my opinion, but others do agree that blind hate for nadal has ruined clay.
Be civil as the other posts are. If you can't, it will be a better idea not to post at all.

hipolymer 07-31-2012 12:10 PM

Grass. I just don't like the slipperiness of it all. It doesn't suit tennis as a sport in my opinion. It suits soccer and other team sports but I don't think it's very good for tennis.

Looner 07-31-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipolymer (Post 12270640)
Grass. I just don't like the slipperiness of it all. It doesn't suit tennis as a sport in my opinion. It suits soccer and other team sports but I don't think it's very good for tennis.

:facepalm:

BroTree123 07-31-2012 12:13 PM

I have respect for all surfaces, except blue clay.

Snowwy 07-31-2012 12:14 PM

I guess outdoor hard courts, but all surfaces are fine.

bounccer 07-31-2012 12:14 PM

When someone ask about something wich concern a little Nadal or Federer, each posts end like this "you're a Nadal hater" or "you're a Fed hater". The entire tennis planet on this forum seems to turn around Federer and Nadal, there are nothing else, mostly because most of the posters are gloryhunters who didn't know anything about tennis before 2005.

So when you realize that clay is less liked than the other surfaces, your first thought is obviously "well it's perhaps because Nadal is good in clay", it's boring.