MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most overrated shot (of the top players) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=206852)

Slice Winner 07-23-2012 10:32 PM

Most overrated shot (of the top players)

Apologies if this thread exists already, but I searched and couldn't find it.

Thread is self-explanatory. E.g., you think Federer's FH is overrated, or Nole's return, Isner's serve, or Murray's ability to insult his box.

I think Gasquet's BH is probably a little bit overrated. He has to stand 15 metres behind the baseline to use it, so he doesn't win matches with it.

SVK 07-23-2012 10:39 PM

Re: Most overrated shot (of the top players)

Federerīs between the legs shot honestly. People are talking about it like he invented it. Itīs actually very, letīs say, good looking but still...players used it before and even on GS matches, but they werenīt multiple GS winners so people didnīt talk about it that much...I donīt mean on this forum btw.

Freak3yman84 07-23-2012 10:39 PM

I think people overrate Isner's forehand tbh. People say it's really good, but to me it's pretty average.

TBkeeper 07-23-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVK (Post 12244729)
Federerīs between the legs shot honestly. People are talking about it like he invited it. Itīs actually very, letīs say, good looking but still...players used it before and even on GS matches, but they werenīt multiple GS winners so people didnīt talk about it that much...I donīt mean on this forum btw.

Yea ... he INVITED THE SHOT :D:D:D:D

SVK 07-23-2012 10:40 PM

LOLOLOLOL sorry, my english.......

EDIT: Fixed.

Gagsquet 07-23-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice Winner (Post 12244717)
Apologies if this thread exists already, but I searched and couldn't find it.

Thread is self-explanatory. E.g., you think Federer's FH is overrated, or Nole's return, Isner's serve, or Murray's ability to insult his box.

I think Gasquet's BH is probably a little bit overrated. He has to stand 15 metres behind the baseline to use it, so he doesn't win matches with it.

You fail at logic. If he stands 15 meters behind the baseline but the shot is still really efficient then it's a wondershot.

Slice Winner 07-23-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVK (Post 12244729)
Federerīs between the legs shot honestly. People are talking about it like he invented it. Itīs actually very, letīs say, good looking but still...players used it before and even on GS matches, but they werenīt multiple GS winners so people didnīt talk about it that much...I donīt mean on this forum btw.

I agree, although hitting one for a clean winner to set up match point vs Djokovic was special.

Looner 07-23-2012 10:51 PM

I for one think Nadal's volleys are VASTLY overrated except his drop volleys probably.

I am not sure what else of the top players is overrated. Maybe Murray's serve. When it's on, it's really good but tbh it's very seldom on.

Some suggestions in the OP might be a good idea.

emotion 07-23-2012 10:51 PM

isner's forehand

Freak3yman84 07-23-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez (Post 12244766)
isner's forehand

:yeah:

Przemek 07-23-2012 11:03 PM

Nadal's stamina
Del Potro's FH
Isner's FH
Some perhaps controversial, but it's only my opinion. List of underrated shots is much longer.

samanosuke 07-23-2012 11:04 PM

Full package of Monaco. on and off court

Freak3yman84 07-23-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Przemek (Post 12244803)
Nadal's stamina
Del Potro's FH
Isner's FH
Some perhaps controversial, but it's only my opinion. List of underrated shots is much longer.

Not really a shot, but OK! If we're going to talk about attributes, then Ferrer's "fighting" ability. I used to believe Ferrer was a big fighter, then I saw the 2nd set vs. Nadal in Rome :lol:

Mark Lenders 07-23-2012 11:12 PM

Ferrer's fighting ability/mentality.

Federer's serve

Gasquet's backhand

Berdych's forehand

Isner's forehand

Murray's backhand

liutian_min 07-23-2012 11:41 PM

Ferrer's mentality is definitely one. He easily loses his temper and makes a lot of UEs.
I also agree with the Gasquet's backhand. It looks fluid but not that effective.
I think Safin's backhand is a bit overrated. His backhand is too flat without too much margin for errors.