MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   founding fathers or traitors? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=206533)

zeleni 07-18-2012 05:55 PM

founding fathers or traitors?
 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15345511
http://www.redcoat.me.uk/
http://www.redcoat.me.uk/Rev-War.htm

read that. so now am curious to know what do the mtf brits think about washington, jefferson etc. and their enterprise? what do you learn in school about the subject? does queen send congratulations to america on july 4th?

poll is coming only for brits.

americans are also welcome to post their view on britain as homeland of founders of settlements and colonies that became their country and as homeland of their language. do you feel any kind of sentimental attachment to britain, or you are indifferent, or you think of brits as mugs who wanted to hang jefferson & others and keep america in submission?

Mae 07-19-2012 07:40 AM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
I am very sentimentality attached to Britain. If I would have lived back during that time, I would have been on the side of the British!

Sofonda Cox 07-19-2012 08:30 AM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeleni (Post 12227845)

read that. so now am curious to know what do the mtf brits think about washington, jefferson etc. and their enterprise? what do you learn in school about the subject? does queen send congratulations to america on july 4th?

I did not learn anything that I can remember about it in school, we mostly learned about important hisorical stuff. (:p)

And :hysteric: at the queen possibly congratulating......I sincerely doubt it - wouldn't that be like America congratuating Vietnam for defeating it?:confused: July 4th is just another day here :shrug:

tripwires 07-19-2012 09:28 AM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
The Queen should send congratulations all of Brtain's ex-colonies on their respective national days if you ask me.

That said, Long Live the Queen. :bowdown:

Johnny Groove 07-19-2012 01:22 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Of course here in the USA, the Founding Fathers are Greek gods, heroes of the modern age, and British are assholes, imposing unjust taxes on the American people, forcing Americans to house British soldiers, all the while not allowing us to have representation votes in Parliament.

This is what I believe.

rocketassist 07-19-2012 03:04 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Not fussed. USA's independence ultimately benefitted everyone. You think about the technology that's been created from US soil, would anywhere else have managed it? Not to mention Hitler may have succeeded without US help. No reason whatsoever to dislike the independence movement.

Echoes 07-19-2012 03:32 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Hitler would never have come to power and even less started a war against all Europe without US help. Hope this helps.


Washington and company were all just rich bourgeois, exploiting dozens of Slaves. I am a Loyalist.

I still can't believe this damn Louis XVI supported the Insurgents. Catastrophic mistake leading to the French Revolution. :mad:

Gagsquet 07-19-2012 05:27 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoes (Post 12230134)
Hitler would never have come to power and even less started a war against all Europe without US help. Hope this helps.


Washington and company were all just rich bourgeois, exploiting dozens of Slaves. I am a Loyalist.

I still can't believe this damn Louis XVI supported the Insurgents. Catastrophic mistake leading to the French Revolution. :mad:

:haha:

you are sick dude. Do you really believe in this bullshit or is this an act ?

Tommy_Vercetti 07-19-2012 07:15 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Here's a better question. Who has the best claim to Serbia? Since they have lost virtually every war they have ever fought in history and been occupied by so many different powers, who do you think should rightfully have legal claim? The Turks?

abraxas21 07-19-2012 07:51 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 12229366)
I am very sentimentality attached to Britain. If I would have lived back during that time, I would have been on the side of the British!

siding with the british = awful thing to do regardless of circumstances imo

abraxas21 07-19-2012 07:56 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketassist (Post 12230062)
Not to mention Hitler may have succeeded without US help.

not likely. the soviets had done most of the work by the time the yanks came over. it was actually the soviet union the country which defeated the nazis.

there's a case of discussion as to how much the USA's influence amounted to keep the soviets eastwards in europe after the war was over. perhaps without the USA, the Soviet Union would have kept a vast part of western europe under its control.

zeleni 07-19-2012 09:08 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti (Post 12231022)
Here's a better question. Who has the best claim to Serbia? Since they have lost virtually every war they have ever fought in history and been occupied by so many different powers, who do you think should rightfully have legal claim? The Turks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serboi

keep quiet. work in progress.

we and our Pashtun cousins are in joint venture of burying a certain empire.

it won't be the first one neither for us nor for them.

vucina 07-19-2012 10:25 PM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti (Post 12231022)
Here's a better question. Who has the best claim to Serbia? Since they have lost virtually every war they have ever fought in history and been occupied by so many different powers, who do you think should rightfully have legal claim? The Turks?

Don't worry about us mate. Just keep learning that Spanish gringo, you're gonna need it.

Echoes 07-20-2012 07:28 AM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagsquet (Post 12230595)
:haha:

you are sick dude. Do you really believe in this bullshit or is this an act ?

http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/documen...slavelist.html

Figure might not be correct but denying George W. had slaves is beyond the limits of credibility. :rolleyes:

Sofonda Cox 07-20-2012 09:15 AM

Re: founding fathers or traitors?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Groove (Post 12229793)
Of course here in the USA, the Founding Fathers are Greek gods, heroes of the modern age, and British are assholes, imposing unjust taxes on the American people, forcing Americans to house British soldiers, all the while not allowing us to have representation votes in Parliament.

This is what I believe.

Like most Americans you get your history lessons from facually horrific Hollywood movies :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12231158)
siding with the british = awful thing to do regardless of circumstances imo

Britain>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The shit hole you reside :wavey:


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.