MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who will complete the "Hexagon" first (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=206401)

BAMJ6 07-16-2012 09:11 PM

Who will complete the "Hexagon" first

The Hexagon is the 6 biggest possible ATP wins in their career.

The ATP Super singles set. Andre is the only one to complete the 6

1990 - ATP Finals
1992 - Wimbledon
1994 - US
1995 - Australian
1996 - Olympic Gold
1999 - Roland Garros

In addition, he won all Masters but Hamburg and Monte Carlo

However i'll ignore that because these 6 are the best remembered in tennis

Which of the Big 3 will complete the set first?

The Prince 07-16-2012 09:16 PM

Re: Who will complete the "Hexagon" first

Novak needs Roland Garros too, which is unlikely.

I think Rafa will do it, purely because the odds are in his favour. Olympics, only once every four years, Federer needs to win it this year otherwise he won't ever get the singles gold.

Rafa will have several more chances to win the ATP Finals and I think he'll do it at least once.

TBkeeper 07-16-2012 09:18 PM

WOW i always thought that Davis cup is amongst the 6 greatest accomplishments a tennis player can have and you haven't included it .....

The Prince 07-16-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBkeeper (Post 12221991)
WOW i always thought that Davis cup is amongst the 6 greatest accomplishments a tennis player can have and you haven't included it .....

It's not in the control of an individual though. Davis Cup is a team effort.

BAMJ6 07-16-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bulldog (Post 12221986)
Novak needs Roland Garros too, which is unlikely.

I think Rafa will do it, purely because the odds are in his favour. Olympics, only once every four years, Federer needs to win it this year otherwise he won't ever get the singles gold.

Rafa will have several more chances to win the ATP Finals and I think he'll do it at least once.

I know he needs RG too. But from what i saw in the RG final. He will get it if they meet in the final again or if he's at the final and Rafa's not (Like Roger in 2009). Olympics with the 2 out of 3 set format will be harder and has more opponents to pick him off than the other 2 in that format

Orange Wombat 07-16-2012 10:30 PM

It's a septagon if you include Davis Cup

tealeaves 07-16-2012 10:42 PM

Nadal :shrug:?

Paylu2007 07-16-2012 10:46 PM

Davis cup is a joke :lol:

ServeVolley 07-16-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBkeeper (Post 12221991)

Davis Cup should never be included in these discussions. I mean it's not a player's fault if they come from a country which doesn't produce many tennis players (and therefore can't seriously compete in a team tournament), and conversely, just because a player happens to be on the winning Davis Cup team does not automatically make them a greater player (Troicki in 2010, for instance). :shrug:

Mountaindewslave 07-16-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAMJ6 (Post 12221999)
I know he needs RG too. But from what i saw in the RG final. He will get it if they meet in the final again or if he's at the final and Rafa's not (Like Roger in 2009). Olympics with the 2 out of 3 set format will be harder and has more opponents to pick him off than the other 2 in that format

lol if you make a thread about players needing something to complete their 'hexagon' of great accomplishments, you don't compare people who would finish it this season with people who need multiple parts.

the poster was right, it is dumb you didn't point out DJokovic needs Roland Garros and based on your own opinion and crystal ball? you assume he will win it.

on topic, Nadal and Federer I think both have great chances, maybe Nadal a bit better. obviously Federer is coming in with the best form for the Olympics and he will have such will and desire to win it but then again its the best of 3 so maybe he will not take the cake.

Nadal's chances of winning the WTF in the next few seasons are very high as that will be one of his focus's above all else and because Federer will be out of the picture soon

atennisfan 07-17-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ServeVolley (Post 12222219)
Davis Cup should never be included in these discussions. I mean it's not a player's fault if they come from a country which doesn't produce many tennis players (and therefore can't seriously compete in a team tournament), and conversely, just because a player happens to be on the winning Davis Cup team does not automatically make them a greater player (Troicki in 2010, for instance). :shrug:

I seriously ROFTL at Troicki winning Davis Cup

Lleyton_ 07-17-2012 12:37 AM

Olympic gold? :superlol: It's not even bigger than a Masters 1000.

Edda 07-17-2012 12:50 AM

I say Rafa.

The Prince 07-17-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lleyton_ (Post 12222382)
Olympic gold? :superlol: It's not even bigger than a Masters 1000.

Seriously?

When one's career is over, what are they going to remember more? A Masters 1000 title or winning the Olympic Gold?

I actually think being an Olympian is a great achievement in itself.

Yolita 07-17-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atennisfan (Post 12222353)
I seriously ROFTL at Troicki winning Davis Cup

Did you see him beat Llodra in the final, the day after he played a really long, epic five setter against Llodra/Clement? It was the fifth match, Novak had won his match to get the tie to 2-2. Everything depended on Troicki and he delivered. It was beautiful to see.

That Davis Cup was truly a team's effort. It wasn't all Novak. Every player saved the team at least once. Tipsarevic did it in the SF by beating Stepanek and Berdych, who was ranked 7 (Tipsy was 37).

They all deserve the Davis Cup. :worship: