MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Betting Forum (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=396)
-   -   Somber Sunday (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=206305)

Busterovic 07-15-2012 11:22 AM

Somber Sunday

No thread so I figure I'd give it a go.

I legitimately begin to hate clay court tennis more and more and more and more everytime waning week that passes.

After an immaculate grass court tournament its tough to follow mundane clay court tourneys with the same guys, over and over and over and over and over again.

I mean seriously, is there any conviction in any of these matches? Ferru-Mugro is a top 10 battle but Ferrer has won so many times in a row and even if Mug wins who cares?

Tipsarevic-Monaco? Two of the more boring top 15 guys.

I have no idea why they have clay court tourneys after Wimbledon. It just seems so stupid to me.

Can't wait till the Olympics and Toronto but I'm so over the dirt.

Hoping Tipsy beats Monaco because I've taken action against the favorite and Mugro beats Ferry Ferru because I hate the POS and actually like Mugro.

One more week of this crap and then its good riddance.

nastoff 07-15-2012 11:24 AM

Re: Somber Sunday

I just hate all tennis betting outside the slams/masters, it really feels like you have thrown away your money as long as you release that button.
So no difference whether it's clay or hard for me.

It's a little similar to going from the Euro 2012 to Slovakia division 2....does anybody really care?

Busterovic 07-15-2012 11:25 AM

As a whole for most of you guys was there even a comparison between Wimbledon and FO this year?

Absolutely zero real appeal at RG. Piggy just hammering guys brains in left and right with no real chance of losing.

For a set the final was interesting but other than that nothing was really THAT entertaining including JWT's 5 setter against Nole on Lenghlen and Fed going the distance against Delpo.

Thats by far the most boring and worst run GS.

Busterovic 07-15-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nastoff (Post 12217154)
I just hate all tennis betting outside the slams/masters, it really feels like you have thrown away your money as long as you release that button.

Atleast at Wimbledon it feels like theres more exciting matchups.

Who really cares about a 55th ranked Spanish guy playing a 77th ranked Argentine?

It'll probably go 3 boring sets with a ton of stupid, long baseline rallies and really theres no telling who's going to win.

Its not only boring gambling wise but also aesthetically

carlibengarli 07-15-2012 11:46 AM

Tipsarevic @ 2.5 with Pinnacle
Tipsarevic 2-1 @ 5.54 with Pinnacle

Busterovic 07-15-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlibengarli (Post 12217183)
Tipsarevic @ 2.5 with Pinnacle
Tipsarevic 2-1 @ 5.54 with Pinnacle

Hope you're right

nole_no1 07-15-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nastoff (Post 12217154)

It's a little similar to going from the Euro 2012 to Slovakia division 2....does anybody really care?

Well it's not like that at least in my oppinion. You can lose money anywhere or you can get good value anywhere. Big upsets can appear at slams/masters too while you can win some nice money in the challenger tour. Of course in the challenger tour there are fixed matches everywhere but those player who fix now fixed in the past too and they already have a bad reputation and you can avoid them easily.Of course it's more exciting to watch slams/masters but challenger matches can be very profitable sometimes

Time2burn 07-15-2012 02:14 PM

monaco is just going to grind tipsy down imo

Busterovic 07-15-2012 03:26 PM

IN PLAY Janko to beat Pico the ugly 1.44 *5-4 first set.

HUGE STAKE

If I have confidence in my tennis observation skills theres no way Janko lets this slip.

Hes playing very well + the experience he's had in ATP finals the last 18 months will pay off

Busterovic 07-15-2012 04:18 PM

Absolutely unreal turnaround in this match.

Tipsarevic was up 6-4 4-0 having won 6 games in a row and then now its *5-4 and Pico has won 5 in a row. But Tipsarevic will still win.

IN PLAY Janko 1.9 over Pico the ugly

Busterovic 07-15-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busterovic (Post 12217807)
IN PLAY Janko to beat Pico the ugly 1.44 *5-4 first set.

HUGE STAKE

If I have confidence in my tennis observation skills theres no way Janko lets this slip.

Hes playing very well + the experience he's had in ATP finals the last 18 months will pay off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busterovic (Post 12218051)
Absolutely unreal turnaround in this match.

Tipsarevic was up 6-4 4-0 having won 6 games in a row and then now its *5-4 and Pico has won 5 in a row. But Tipsarevic will still win.

IN PLAY Janko 1.9 over Pico the ugly

W
W

finally

carlibengarli 07-15-2012 06:43 PM

Pruh tip: Pre-match odds. ;)

Busterovic 07-15-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlibengarli (Post 12218587)
Pruh tip: Pre-match odds. ;)

what?

Bleeth 07-15-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nole_no1 (Post 12217500)
Well it's not like that at least in my oppinion. You can lose money anywhere or you can get good value anywhere. Big upsets can appear at slams/masters too while you can win some nice money in the challenger tour. Of course in the challenger tour there are fixed matches everywhere but those player who fix now fixed in the past too and they already have a bad reputation and you can avoid them easily.Of course it's more exciting to watch slams/masters but challenger matches can be very profitable sometimes

Completely agree :yeah:

nastoff 07-15-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busterovic (Post 12217161)
Atleast at Wimbledon it feels like theres more exciting matchups.

Who really cares about a 55th ranked Spanish guy playing a 77th ranked Argentine?

It'll probably go 3 boring sets with a ton of stupid, long baseline rallies and really theres no telling who's going to win.

Its not only boring gambling wise but also aesthetically

Wimbledon is beyond comparison with anything else, it's by far the most exciting tournament in the world...but clay court mugfests can also be mildly entertaining, especially those SA ones... I'd say that maybe best of five is more suited to grass/hc where the action is faster than it is on clay.

With regards to upsets on slams/masters v upsets on challengers/lowly ATP tournaments I'd say there are upsets and upsets. Rosol beating Nadal was a major upset but also a great tennis moment...also Tipsarevic beating Monaco today was an upset but a deserved one...however, an upset as a result of fixing a match or of showing up just for the appearance fee is not a good upset...you have to go deep into a non slam/master week to find a day where those factors don't play a negative part.