MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Animated GIFs in GM (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=205356)

scoobs 07-01-2012 11:03 AM

Animated GIFs in GM

Hi everyone,

There has been a spate of complaints about the use of larger animated gifs in GM tennis threads, with people complaining they are distracting and annoying.

We wanted to get some wider feedback on whether something should be done about it, or if we should leave it as it is.

Feel free to vote in the poll and add some thoughts on the subject below.

Based on the strength of feeling about it, we will talk about what, if anything, should be done.

This only affects General Messages - Non-Tennis, player forums, chat threads etc would be unaffected. This would also not affect the built-in smileys or similar

Ben. 07-01-2012 11:28 AM

Re: Animated GIFs in GM

It is very irritating to see the same posters posting the same gifs over and over again, while also posting nothing else, let alone something of worth.

The gifs are always bad natured too.

tripwires 07-01-2012 11:47 AM

I don't care about the gifs except for when Hian posts the same stupid 'bye bitch' Pocahontas gif 83275287548584134978239572 times.

I suggest he receives an infraction for forum disruption.

arm 07-01-2012 12:14 PM

Some gifs in some circumstances are welcome and give people a good laugh. But some posters just take it way too far. Like trip, I am sick of the Pocahontas gif, and you just know when that guy is going to post it. :facepalm:

Henry Chinaski 07-01-2012 12:45 PM

the occasional one is fine.

I was annoyed for a while but the issue disappeared as soon as I put Hian on the ignore list

Chase Visa 07-01-2012 12:49 PM

It's been taken too far.

bokehlicious 07-01-2012 12:58 PM

When a page takes 5 minutes to load because of the 234235245 animated gifs you know there is something wrong....

scarecrows 07-01-2012 01:04 PM

just get rid of the "bye bitch" and "look at all the fucks i give" gifs

PedroMarquess 07-01-2012 01:07 PM

Most of the gifs are fine :angel:

GSMnadal 07-01-2012 01:37 PM

Just permaban Hian.

Banning the Pocahantas, bye bitch gifs would be a good alternative.

Johnny Groove 07-01-2012 02:13 PM

Ya know, you don't have to click on the links. Ignore list is another option.

Just another restriction on freedom of speech, just another instance of the Bourgeoisie restricting the actions of the Proletariat, what else is new.

Just get over it, Jesus. There are people starving in Africa, people working for 33 cents an hour in Chinese sweatshops and we are complaining about gifs? :stupid:

How about some fucking perspective?

RNW 07-01-2012 02:18 PM

Sometimes it's funny, most of the time not.

My idea:
1 gif per person per day.

arm 07-01-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Groove (Post 12165834)

Just another restriction on freedom of speech, just another instance of the Bourgeoisie restricting the actions of the Proletariat, what else is new.

Just get over it, Jesus. There are people starving in Africa, people working for 33 cents an hour in Chinese sweatshops and we are complaining about gifs? :stupid:

:facepalm: so random. where did those comparisons come from? Just because people aren't starving doesn't mean we can't complain about minor stuff.

GSMnadal 07-01-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Groove (Post 12165834)

You can also use that argument when you're complaining about surface homogenization and tennis that needs saving. How about some fucking perspective eh :stupid:

Johnny Groove 07-01-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arm (Post 12165865)
:facepalm: so random. where did those comparisons come from? Just because people aren't starving doesn't mean we can't complain about minor stuff.

I just find it asinine to complain about minor stuff like this when other things are happening in the world :shrug:

I mean, they are gifs, for fuck's sake, are MTFer's really so offended by them that they must outlaw a harmless pursuit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMnadal (Post 12165869)
You can also use that argument when you're complaining about surface homogenization and tennis that needs saving. How about some fucking perspective eh :stupid:

You trolling? When did I ever do either of those things? :scratch: