MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Too many gifs? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=205288)

BigJohn 06-30-2012 02:36 AM

Too many gifs?
 
There has been a recent increase in the use of gifs. Is it a good thing that increases your MTF experience or is an annoyance? Are there too many gifs?



Now before anyone accuses me, yes I did start a thread about such things, but you don't see me using them in everything I post.

Topspindoctor 06-30-2012 02:44 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
It's the fucking rejects from TF that are responsible. I wish mods enforced order and banned these clowns for spamming. The biggest offenders that come to mind is Hian and his pet Dmitry_Mugdasco. Both annoying WTArds and gif spammers.

rocketassist 06-30-2012 02:44 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
These WTAtrolls need to be zapped back to wence they came. As soon as equal pay debate comes back up again they all sign up and stink up the forum like a bad smell.

PedroMarquess 06-30-2012 02:46 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
:wavey: :spit:

What's the problem of gifs?

PedroMarquess 06-30-2012 02:49 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 12158991)
It's the fucking rejects from TF that are responsible. I wish mods enforced order and banned these clowns for spamming. The biggest offenders that come to mind is Hian and his pet Dmitry_Mugdasco. Both annoying WTArds and gif spammers.

And this post


Kat_YYZ 06-30-2012 03:32 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
yes there are too many, but people here whine about everything, say that the mods are too heavy-handed and oversensitive. They don't want to be infracted/banned for swearing, taking petty shots at people etcetera, but now you want to curtail freedom of expression. Everyone has a different threshold and I don't want you deciding the 'taste level' around here.

Besides, Hian contributes nothing of value so you can just put him/her on your ignore list and not see the gifs (and not worry that you are missing any good posts). :shrug:

BigJohn 06-30-2012 03:55 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
I believe we could do without them. There is a thread for them, I believe they could be allowed in that thread but nowhere else.

MTF looks bad enough with the regular posts from Nadaltards and Noletards, these gifs make the whole forum look stupider than it is. So I say at least no gifs allowed in GM. Most potential new user would be looking at those pages to start with, so I guess they would expect tennis discussions and some level of trolling (these are internet forums after all). But Disney gifs, bitch please gifs used ad nauseam would probably turn off them.

So I was asked by a mod what I would do about it. I propose 2 options:

A- No gifs but in the .gif thread.

B- No gifs in GM.

Of course, I support option A. It is the senseful decision. This will no doubt boost my yet to be successful future mod ambitions.

BigJohn 06-30-2012 03:56 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ (Post 12159130)
yes there are too many, but people here whine about everything, say that the mods are too heavy-handed and oversensitive. They don't want to be infracted/banned for swearing, taking petty shots at people etcetera, but now you want to curtail freedom of expression. Everyone has a different threshold and I don't want you deciding the 'taste level' around here.

Besides, Hian contributes nothing of value so you can just put him/her on your ignore list and not see the gifs (and not worry that you are missing any good posts). :shrug:

I thought it was just him, but it turns out there are sadly more.

MuzzahLovah 06-30-2012 04:30 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
gifs are the least of the troubles here. The mindnumbingly stupid and offensive posts from various tards is way more of an issue. If someone overuses gifs, put them on ignore like I did with Hian. I have scores of people on ignore, and not so coincidentally I don't encounter that many gifs.

sportstennis 06-30-2012 04:34 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn (Post 12158974)
There has been a recent increase in the use of gifs. Is it a good thing that increases your MTF experience or is an annoyance? Are there too many gifs?



Now before anyone accuses me, yes I did start a thread about such things, but you don't see me using them in everything I post.


:wavey:

MTwEeZi 06-30-2012 04:39 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
Does this mean no more smilies? :scratch:

Tennis Fool 06-30-2012 05:48 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
Wait, wasn't there a thread on this that was deleted :confused:

leng jai 06-30-2012 05:51 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
More like not enough gifs amirite?

Sri 06-30-2012 06:46 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai (Post 12159353)
More like not enough gifs amirite?




GSMnadal 06-30-2012 09:28 AM

Re: Too many gifs?
 
I like gifs, just Hian who posts the same one over and over again needs to GTFO.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.