MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Arnaud Clement retires from tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=204393)

Fat Camel 06-18-2012 10:21 PM

Arnaud Clement retires from tennis

http://www.interactive-one.fr/sport/...joueur-tennis/
He says that definitely was the last match of his single career. His main goal is to become Davis Cup captain now. He looks at this decision like the beginning of the new career, without regrets! Confirmation on his official facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/arnaudclementofficiel

And he is right, this little french soldier had an amazing career with AO final, QF at Wimbledon, USOpen, Davis cup win, in doubles he won Wimbledon and had 4th place in the Olympics. We lost a great player with very interesting all-court game, nice volley skills despite his height, big charisma, unique style with glasses and bandanat-shirt colour changing every set. Also he is a very nice person off-court, everybody has a big respect for this guy, he can definitely be the captain of Davis Cup team. Yes, he had these ballboy moments, but it's not what should be the most memorable about him. Arnaud was a great fighter, never gave up, pity that he lost a lot of epics (like RG vs Santoro or Wimby QF vs Schuettler).

Thank you for everything, Arnaud! You will be missed :worship: And good luck in the future! :wavey:

By the way Arnaud and Llodra play together his last Wimbledon, so maybe a fairytale :)

Mark Lenders 06-18-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Arnaud Clement retires from tennis

Shame. He was an interesting player and had a pretty good career. Definitely a loss for the tour and tennis fans.

Filo V. 06-18-2012 10:25 PM

Oh my gosh, I actually almost cried when I looked at the thread title :sad:

But I'm happy to see Arno is gracefully retiring from pro tennis and is at ease with the decision. I'd love it if he were DC captain, the Frenchies have such a great rapport with him, I think they would respond well to his message and be very motivated to play for him.

Fat Camel 06-18-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filo V. (Post 12114864)
Oh my gosh, I actually almost cried when I looked at the thread title :sad:

But I'm happy to see Arno is gracefully retiring from pro tennis and is at ease with the decision. I'd love it if he were DC captain, the Frenchies have such a great rapport with him, I think they would respond well to his message and be very motivated to play for him.

His main opponent is Pioline now.
Maybe Escude.

RIboy 06-18-2012 10:38 PM

will be huge party at the ATP ball boys headquarters....

Hian-GOAT 06-18-2012 10:39 PM

Orange Wombat 06-18-2012 10:39 PM

:hug::tears::crying2: Bye Arnaud, have a good career after tennis.

He was such an interesting guy

Sonja1989 06-18-2012 10:40 PM

I'm almost in tears too, he was a very entertaining player to watch, I won't forget he caused lot of nice moments. He had a nice career and he must be proud.

Best of luck in life after tennis! :hug:

Oh.. Fat Camel :hug:

rocketassist 06-18-2012 10:41 PM

Complete arsehole to the ballkids but his game was naturally very entertaining and spectacular when on form.

The GS final in Melbourne 2000 will be remembered as his finest hour although I wish it had been Seb's :sad:

That all-French clash is a standout memory of him, as was his Wimbledon QF with Schuettler and that six hour RG battle with Santoro that he lost 16-14. Won Marseille too beating Nadal.

Filo V. 06-18-2012 10:41 PM

They're sort of similar guys, both are pretty spunky but also chill, Arno and Pioline. I'd definitely pick one of those two over Escude to coach France.

A lot of people know Arno from his ball abuse situations but he's actually shy off court.

Blue Heart24 06-18-2012 10:43 PM

Farewell Arnaud,hope he goes far in doubles in his last tournament as a player.

Fat Camel 06-18-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonja1989 (Post 12114926)
I'm almost in tears too, he was a very entertaining player to watch, I won't forget he caused lot of nice moments. He had a nice career and he must be proud.

Best of luck in life after tennis! :hug:

Oh.. Fat Camel :hug:

Thank you :hug:
It will be really difficult to write an exam tomorrow..

Pajero de Nadal 06-18-2012 10:46 PM

that is a real bummer since he was a real piçalho murcho

Matt01 06-18-2012 11:26 PM

All the best, Arnaud :hug:

SVK 06-18-2012 11:39 PM

Not a good news for my little sis, she was in love with him...It was expected actually, he was thinking about retirement already some time ago, I think last year´s Frech Open was supposed to be his last(?), but he continued...have a good post-tennis life Arnaud.