MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   should women's weight lifting competitons be banned? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=203336)

abraxas21 06-03-2012 11:52 PM

should women's weight lifting competitons be banned?

i mean come on

Topspindoctor 06-04-2012 12:05 AM

Re: should women's weight lifting competitons be banned?

It should. To compensate they should replace the Olympic event with bikini mud wrestling. Whoever rips off the skimpy outfit off their opponent gets a gold medal.

Jimnik 06-04-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 12057926)
It should. To compensate they should replace the Olympic event with bikini mud wrestling. Whoever rips off the skimpy outfit off their opponent gets a gold medal.

:yeah:

tripwires 06-04-2012 01:13 AM

:rolleyes:

Snowwy 06-04-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12057913)
i mean come on

Not surprising really to see that you are sexist.

abraxas21 06-04-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowwy (Post 12057991)
Not surprising really to see that you are sexist.

im no fan of weight lifting in men either but somehow it seems worse in women.

ripped muscled up women lifting weights is unnatural and you know they must have injected a zillion of illegal substances that have made permanent damage to their bodies.

theres no reason to encourage that via olympic competitions among others.

weight lifting competitons for men should also be discounted, i think

Regenbogen 06-04-2012 02:11 AM

Eh, weightlifting doesn't seem that more extreme to me than other sports, a lot of them are about pushing your body to ridiculous limits. Also if you're a women it's possible to lift quite a lot while being surprisingly scrawny, actually. Looking at female weightlifters on google you probably wouldn't notice anything if you saw them on the street.

Bodybuilding competitions, on the other hand :scared: Both men's and women's are terrifying :scared:

leng jai 06-04-2012 02:30 AM

It should be replaced by synchronized ajde + legup renditions.

buddyholly 06-04-2012 02:30 AM

Then just ignore them.

It is only knee jerk leftists that immediately think of banning something. Banning is in their blood. They live to obstruct others. Makes then feel less excluded.

Pirata. 06-04-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 12058086)
It is only knee jerk leftists that immediately think of banning something. Banning is in their blood. They live to obstruct others. Makes then feel less excluded.

This "knee jerk leftist" thinks this is an absolutely idiotic thread that reeks of sexist and disagrees with the original poster.

Kat_YYZ 06-04-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxas21 (Post 12058008)
im no fan of weight lifting in men either but somehow it seems worse in women.

ripped muscled up women lifting weights is unnatural and you know they must have injected a zillion of illegal substances that have made permanent damage to their bodies.

theres no reason to encourage that via olympic competitions among others.

weight lifting competitons for men should also be discounted, i think

it's like anything else. women are competing against each other so they lift the same as other women :shrug: If they were competing against men then you could say they are altering themselves to unnatural proportions. And what you call unnatural is simply unusual; it's never been in fashion for women to make their bodies muscular, so you see it and think it's unnatural. But maybe it's perfectly fine :shrug:

By the way, I never watch weightlifting -- men's or women's. I find it kind of horrifying and gross. But if one is allowed, then the other should be too.

lucyfur 06-04-2012 05:26 AM

if I wanted to do it I should be able to, I mean who in the hell has the right to tell me what I can and cannot do? You don't like it then to bad.:wavey:

Deathless Mortal 06-04-2012 05:37 AM

You jelly?

Nikki♥ 06-04-2012 06:15 AM

Shopping bag lifting should be an olympic discipline.

MaxPower 06-04-2012 07:46 AM

Lets face it: a few individuals pumping iron and abusing their bodies (and taking PEDs) turning themselves into muscle freaks is such a giant healthconcern. Especially compared to the millions not lifting anything but chocolate bars and ice cream and turning themselves into human fat containers instead. (sarcasm)

But yeah a very facinating "study" that revealed the dark side was done by the East Germans that roided up many of their atheletes, including female weightlifters in the 60s-70s. Some of them did indeed complete the sex change and are living as men now...others are still suffering the after-effects. Luckily now with tests you can't get away with the obvious boosters

Bodybuilding on the other hand...