MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Marat Safin Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   New forum moderator? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=201508)

scoobs 05-09-2012 11:42 AM

New forum moderator?

Hi all,

Having been involved with trying to improve the situation in this forum, with numerous users complaining of problems, I have discussed the way forward with some members.

I think going forward, the best thing to do is to do a poll of the forum members to see

a) if you want another forum moderator to come from the forum membership to deal with minor issues and to flag up to the admins any larger issues

or

b) keep things as it is

and,

If you DO want a forum moderator, you can use this thread to nominate some names to be considered and we can organise a vote for that, if you do decide you want a moderator.

So, please vote on the initial poll and discuss possible moderator candidates below :)

If you have any Qs about what being a moderator would involve, drop me a PM and I can clarify, but basically you'd have the ability to clean up threads where needed, sticky and unsticky them, and delete problem posts. Any wider action needed would be flagged up to the admins, but you'd be able to post in the moderator forum to let us know about these.

Thanks,

scoobs

Soozka 05-10-2012 08:26 PM

Re: New forum moderator?

I'd like to nominate monkeytattoo for forum moderator.

myrt 05-10-2012 09:14 PM

I'll second that...what do you say monkeytattoo?

mer 05-11-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soozka (Post 11971092)
I'd like to nominate monkeytattoo for forum moderator.

good idea :)

distilk 05-11-2012 10:32 AM

I agree with mer - nomination of monkeytattoo is a good idea :)

mikomonstr 05-12-2012 09:25 PM

Monkey!!! Yes, I fully support this, if she has the time or the inclination to do so. :D

inez 05-13-2012 02:35 AM

I fully agree with all the above...the sooner the better! :-)

AnnieNik 05-15-2012 04:16 PM

I support monkeytattoo as a moderator, as well.

scoobs, thank you for taking the time and effort to clean the place. :)

luxsword 05-16-2012 06:01 PM

Same here, if monkeytattoo is ok, of course. :)

Alya_C 05-17-2012 06:24 PM

Wow! I hadn't been here in a loooong time, but I think it's a great ideia and yes, I support monkeytattoo as well :)

monkey247 05-18-2012 10:51 AM

Hi everyone, many thanks for your support. :wavey: Just to say that I have volunteered to do it and gladly accept your proposing me for consideration.

little_masha 05-18-2012 06:41 PM

Hallo, gals!

I'm back from the dead just to vote for Monkey as moderator...it's a really, really good idea!

I actually am so thrilled with this idea, that - if required - I'll have Safin himself write a petition to the Menstennisforums Inc (or whatever the name of the company runnig this board is...) in favour of Monkey becoming moderator!

Regards.

myrt 05-18-2012 07:38 PM

Thank You Monkeytattoo for accepting the challenge of moderating this forum....I'll support you anyway I can. I hope we can just have fun and remember to keep our focus on Marat.

greeneyes7 05-19-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrt (Post 12000496)
Thank You Monkeytattoo for accepting the challenge of moderating this forum....I'll support you anyway I can. I hope we can just have fun and remember to keep our focus on Marat.

I second this!!

Soozka 05-19-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeytattoo (Post 11998262)
Hi everyone, many thanks for your support. :wavey: Just to say that I have volunteered to do it and gladly accept your proposing me for consideration.

:wavey: I see you've got "moderator" there beside your name, now.

Congratulations - and thanks for accepting the job.

Best to you. :worship: