MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MTF on Android and iPhone! Finally, its here... (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=201451)

Roger the Dodger 05-08-2012 09:37 AM

MTF on Android and iPhone! Finally, its here...

Vertical Sports (the guys who designed a whole bunch of fab sports forums) have finally done it. Released few days back. About time. :worship:

So all those who own Android phones can now read MTF trouble free on their mobiles. Download for FREE!

Don't know if they've covered iphones, though. But if you are Android, no more waiting for ten minutes before the whole internet page loads on your mobile while you are standing inside the tube. Nor do we need to zoom in to read the comments. Yippee! :banana:

Perfectly minimalistic appearance, free of Signatures, and the page loads in 5-10 seconds. And even the Avatars look much better on the phone than in MTF. Especially CD's.;)

Very happy!

Topspindoctor 05-08-2012 09:53 AM

Re: MTF on Android! Finally, its here...

Finally :worship:

Been waiting for this a long time. Always surf MTF from my phone when on the train/in the library etc. It's a pain in the ass even on 4.3 inch screen, always having to zoom in. Android FTW.

iPhone :nerner:

tripwires 05-08-2012 10:17 AM

I'm sure the iPhone version will be out soon. :D

scoobs 05-08-2012 11:11 AM

What is the app called?

You'd think they would have told us so we could share this news with the forum users :rolleyes:

Roger the Dodger 05-08-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 11962770)
What is the app called?

You'd think they would have told us so we could share this news with the forum users :rolleyes:

Glad to be before you mods on this one! :banana:

Its called the Vertical Sports Free app. You can google it up.

scoobs 05-08-2012 11:18 AM

Hmm. Not bad. Better than the browser version on phone

Sent from my U8510 using VerticalSports.Com App

Orka_n 05-08-2012 01:00 PM

It's fast, which is nice, but it's not perfect. I wish you could see WHO you quoted when you quote someone as well as a link to that particular post (like the small yellow arrow in the browser version). There are probably more improvements to made as well.

Still, I will be using this.

Sent from my MK16i using VerticalSports.Com App

Pirata. 05-08-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 11962640)
iPhone :nerner:

I can browse MTF just fine from my iPhone :p

The added sig it gives you :lol:

Certinfy 05-08-2012 03:52 PM

Awesome!

Can't wait till I get my Galaxy S3 now, the 4S has just bored the hell of me, though Safari on that has been pretty good to browse this forum.

scoobs 05-08-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirata. (Post 11963462)

You can remove that or personalize it.

emotion 05-08-2012 03:56 PM

I've had both and forums actually load okay in iOS, so not a huge need for app like on Android or Windows Mobile, where it's a disaster (Seriously, from someone who has had all three, iOS is far and away the best)

Certinfy 05-08-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez (Post 11963491)
I've had both and forums actually load okay in iOS, so not a huge need for app like on Android or Windows Mobile, where it's a disaster (Seriously, from someone who has had all three, iOS is far and away the best)

When I had an SGS2 this forum loaded more than okay on it. I mean it's better on my 4S but it wasn't exactly far behind on the SGS2. :shrug:

Roger the Dodger 05-08-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirata. (Post 11963462)

Quote:

Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez (Post 11963491)

How good is it on iphone?

Is it not a problem to keep zooming into portions that you want to read and then zooming out again all the time, at least I had that problem on my 'roidphone till this app came out. I quite like the android app. Everything from text to photos is fit to screen width and browsing is fast.

shotgun 05-08-2012 11:35 PM

Great, now please make a Blackberry one.

Come to think of it, better not. I don't need more time wasters on my cell phone. ;)

Naudio Spanlatine 05-08-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certinfy (Post 11963485)
Awesome!

Can't wait till I get my Galaxy S3 now, the 4S has just bored the hell of me, though Safari on that has been pretty good to browse this forum.

I want a Samsung Galaxy Note:drool: :drool:

ANDROID BABY:rocker2: :rocker2: