MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Favorite movie endings (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=200928)

alfonsojose 04-29-2012 04:09 PM

Favorite movie endings

Boo !! :D

Echoes 04-29-2012 05:25 PM

Re: Favorite movie endings

The ending of Hitchcock's Vertigo is awesome but you've gotta watch the whole film to get it. Just like the ending of Lawrence of Arabia and Under Suspicion.

Li Ching Yuen 04-29-2012 05:33 PM

Ben. 04-29-2012 06:08 PM

I enjoy Daniel and Eli's mild mannered game of ten-pin bowling that concludes There Will Be Blood.

Henry Chinaski 04-29-2012 06:19 PM

arlington road

Har-Tru 04-29-2012 06:58 PM

Ben. 04-29-2012 07:44 PM

kinski76 04-29-2012 07:44 PM

"I was cured, all right"...

Also, the camera endlessly circling around the ruined draft during the final scene of "Aguirre: Der Zorn Gottes".

EDIT: Can't believe I failed to mention a movie I once wrote a term paper about, "Vals Im Bashir". The final scene is a complete punch to the gut and the initial viewing left me so drained I can't remember how I got home.

Ben. 04-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinski76 (Post 11943623)
"I was cured, all right"...

Also, the camera endlessly circling around the ruined draft during the final scene of "Aguirre: Der Zorn Gottes".

I guess we can see where your name comes from now then.

v-money 04-29-2012 07:56 PM

This thread doesn't really make sense to me because what if someone hadn't seen the movie yet. Our discussions and posted video are going to be total spoilers.

My favorite would have to be Mullholland Drive, but I won't say anything about it because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

kinski76 04-29-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hat__boy (Post 11943628)
I guess we can see where your name comes from now then.

It's not my fave performance of his, but yeah.
Popol Vuh's soundtrack really adds to the ominous, claustrophic feel of the film as well.

Li Ching Yuen 04-29-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-money (Post 11943660)
This thread doesn't really make sense to me because what if someone hadn't seen the movie yet. Our discussions and posted video are going to be total spoilers.

My favorite would have to be Mullholland Drive, but I won't say anything about it because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

There's always the option of not, you know, watch the clip.

Certinfy 04-29-2012 09:48 PM

Toy Story 3. Best ending the trilogy could have got. Best 3 movies I've ever seen and I was afraid they would somehow ruin it with the end but instead they totally surprised me. Pixar. :worship:

Pirata. 04-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certinfy (Post 11943866)
Toy Story 3. Best ending the trilogy could have got. Best 3 movies I've ever seen and I was afraid they would somehow ruin it with the end but instead they totally surprised me. Pixar. :worship:

I loved the Toy Story films. I was a sobbing mess during THAT SCENE in the third film, couldn't stop crying as the credits rolled. Very nostalgic, the first film came out when I was in elementary school and the last film came out in my second year of college.

Certinfy 04-29-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirata. (Post 11943874)
I loved the Toy Story films. I was a sobbing mess during THAT SCENE in the third film, couldn't stop crying as the credits rolled. Very nostalgic, the first film came out when I was in elementary school and the last film came out in my second year of college.

Same here, most I've ever cried for a movie or anything similar. Crazy to think of the time difference, even crazier to think they kept everything in sync with the time in real life too. It's weird though because thinking of all 3 films now they make me both happy and sad. :sad: