MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1360)
-   -   2012 ACC tournament (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=200239)

out_here_grindin 04-18-2012 12:40 AM

2012 ACC tournament

Begins Thursday

schedule and times

8 Georgia Tech vs 9 Maryland
5 Florida State vs 12 Miami
6 NC State vs 11 Boston College
7 Clemson vs 10 Wake Forest

byes
1 Virginia
2 North Carolina
3 Duke
4 Virginia Tech

darklucia 04-19-2012 09:06 PM

Re: 2012 ACC tournament

I always forget how early this tournament is. Guessing it's UVA's to lose once again?

Clemson loses to Wake 4-3. Lost singles 1-4.

Ozone 04-21-2012 02:52 AM

WAKE!!! Revenge. Good win, will be the last good win before the Deacons reload and head back to a mainstay in the top 25/30 (for a very long time for sure)

out_here_grindin 04-21-2012 02:17 PM

Season now over. Very dissapointing end.

We won doubles again like we did last friday vs Wake.

singles: (Clemson wins 5 and 6, we take 1-4)

There was a point in the match where Clemson lead on all 6 courts. 6-5 on 1, 4-2 on 2, 7-5 3-2 on 3, 5-4 on 4 and cruising on 5 and 6. At this point I was pretty upbeat I was happy to see neutrals walking through at the site in Cary and them seeing us smashing the Deacs.

5: Hunter Harrington def Alex Tsai 6-2 6-3
Easy for Harrington. Tsai never thought he would win. I feel bad for Tsai, freshman, didn't have a good year at all and will not touch the court next year with the recruits Wake has coming in. I would consider transferring if I was him

6: Zac Rigsby def Connor Sheerwood 6-2 6-2
Rigsby ends his strong season with a solid performance. Hope he can continue playing like this next year.

Here is where things started to turn.

at #1 Yannick Maden dropped the 1st set 7-6(5) to Kreyman. at 5-5 in the breaker Kreyman hit a fh on the stretch that hit the netcord and trickled over the net. That crushed Maden and he dropped the next point tamely.
I thought he would turn it around but never did. This is a bad loss for him. He should always beat Kreyman.

at #3 Wibowo was in a tiebreak for the 2nd set. He had a 3-1 40-0 lead in the 2nd but could not close. Win that game at make it 4-1 and it is likely Prabhakar checks out. He was shocked that Wibowo was playing that well, considering he had routed Wibowo 0 and 2 on Friday.
Tiebreak. I was watching this closely, it seemd like I was the only one who knew how big the tiebreak was for the whole match. Wibowo led 4-2 then like Maden got an unlucky netcord and still led 4-3. But Wibowo played a strong point the next point and made it 5-3. I thought maybe this was it, he recovered from that netcord strongly and he will finish it. Well not quite, instead he loses 4 straight points, admittedly Prabhakar played an excellent long point and hit a crazy good bh at 5-5. Once Prabhakar won the set I knew things were trouble.

on 2 Meza dropped a tough first set 7-6(5). Just like their previous match on Friday. On Friday Meza came back in the 2nd set. Not this time, DHop closed the door and steamrolled through the 2nd set.

I was stunned how quickly we faded after Wibowo failed to close it out. 1-3 were punched and none of the punched back. All fell fairly easily in the 3rd.

Court 4. Adam lee, who despite his attitude, is a great fighter. Once Wibowo lost and it was assured that the deciding match was at 4 only one outcome was coming. Dom Maden cracked and could not handle the pressure. Lee muscled thorugh on a bum leg(he was milking it a bit) 7-6(3) 7-6(5). You have to think if Maden had been able to push through and win the set he could have won in 3, Lee looked so tired.

In total in took 32 minutes from the time Wibowo failed to close it out until the time when Lee clinched it. Story of the season.

out_here_grindin 04-21-2012 02:18 PM

BTW Dom Maden and Adam Lee hate each other so much. Very bad sportsmanship from both players in both matches.