MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   Road to Roland-Garros/Clay Season 2012 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=199989)

soulage 04-13-2012 08:31 AM

Road to Roland-Garros/Clay Season 2012

Well it's time to open a thread. It's surely the last time he has to prepare RG :sad:

According to Nice Matin he got this WC to play qualies in MC but now he's only 3 or 4 spot to enter it directly so maybe he will get it back. Anyway it seems he will finally play. Very good field and clay well wait the draw before telling anything :help:

Quote:

Les autres Bleus sont là : Tsonga, Simon, Llodra, Benneteau. Demain, pour le premier des deux tours de "qualifs", dont le tirage a lieu ce soir après 21 h, Arnaud Clément et Paul-Henri Mathieu ont reçu des wild-cards (encore deux à désigner). Pour le tableau final (début dimanche, tirage au sort demain à 12 h), rien n'a encore été décidé.
http://www.nicematin.com/tennis/sile...nd.842814.html

nalbyfan 04-13-2012 01:21 PM

Re: Road to Roland-Garros/Clay Season 2012

Ist WC for Arnaud (MD)

soulage 04-14-2012 09:04 AM

He draws second seed Kukushkin they'll play this afternoon. Since his great AO Kukushkin is down he was playing qualies in Casablanca last week-end and lost second round. Well it's the comeback of Arno first match on clay so no expectations the other guy is better ranked so let's hope a bit of pleasure

Filo V. 04-14-2012 09:20 AM

Kukushkin is bad on clay. That and the fact this is an event he should feel good support in, as well as Kukushkin only just coming back from injury, should make this a match he wins. I'm hopeful :)

soulage 04-14-2012 09:31 AM

It's raining in Monte Carlo so when they'll play it will slow and slow clay or wind are not for Arno :devil: Kukushkin is not in his best form but Arno on clay is not the moment you're hopeful in the saeson :lol:. Arno said on facbook he started on clay this week let's see ;)

Filo V. 04-14-2012 09:56 AM

Nothing ever seems to work out for Arno during this time of the year :o

Slow clay and heavy damp conditions are definitely bad for him, but maybe he'll surprise us all and put in a good performance :lol:

Via 04-14-2012 02:25 PM

thanks for all the news... i can guess a bit from the facebook post, but the english here is so much easier to understand! :D

btw now that arno is 'posting' regularly on fb... maybe he can use a translator like some other players? just wishful thinking :devil:

soulage 04-14-2012 03:41 PM

It's Sylvain who post so yes he could do it in english as well. I open the livescore and it appears that's still raining in Monte Carlo only the matches on the covered court are played. No news about Arno's match :confused: Well not sure he will play today.

Arno got a WC to play doubles with JR Lisnard :haha: They'll play Melzer/Mayer

Marine 04-14-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 11903417)
Arno got a WC to play doubles with JR Lisnard :haha: They'll play Melzer/Mayer

Le "monégasque" ??? lol

Filo V. 04-15-2012 11:58 AM

Well, looks like I completely deluded myself about this match and how it would turn out :tape:

2-6 2-6 loss to Kukushkin :o

Positives: He was in most return games. He won 36% of return points, which isn't too bad.

Negatives: He was struggling in every serve game :lol:

Filo V. 04-15-2012 12:01 PM

In the second set it seemed he tried focusing on putting more first serves in since the first set he served at 48% and his second serve got damaged. But in the second set, his first serve got damaged more than the second serve :lol:

Oh well, ready for more struggles on clay :(

soulage 04-15-2012 12:16 PM

Slow clay first match expected result for me but the scoreline is harsh :sad: Well according stats he played a bad tennis match. Clay and Arno are never been friends :devil: especially now that his level went down. Well a match to forget :angel:

He'll play doubles monday or tuesday and then we'll have to check the Q draws of the tournaments but that's the worst surface for Arno it would be logical to take a bit time off tour and maybe start to think to next year :unsure: I mean he's not chasing points and takes more time between tournaments this year so it gives more time to live off tour. Well the only problem of that strategy is the WC for RG and it's not this result who will help :help:

https://twitter.com/#!/jaimepaslactu...87871595720704

That was cold

Filo V. 04-15-2012 12:27 PM

Hopefully he does well in doubles! I do think after this match, taking time off until Bordeaux is the correct decision. He doesn't like playing on clay, he's not successful on the surface, and after clay is grass season where he can pick up many points and get back to top 100. Relaxation and low stress definitely has to be the main priority these next several weeks.

I still expect him to get a WC for the French. Who would they pick over him :shrug: Overall, he's having one of the best seasons of all the contenders for a WC, plus he's Arno :angel: And I think that his name and history gives him a definite advantage.

soulage 04-15-2012 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filo V. (Post 11904984)
Hopefully he does well in doubles! I do think after this match, taking time off until Bordeaux is the correct decision.

For doubles don't forget he plays with magic JR so not a big chance to win. He may play some qualies somewhere before Bordeaux but what it's clear he's that he's no more motivated enough to go abroad for challengers on clay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filo V. (Post 11904984)
I still expect him to get a WC for the French. Who would they pick over him :shrug: Overall, he's having one of the best seasons of all the contenders for a WC, plus he's Arno :angel: And I think that his name and history gives him a definite advantage.

We never know with the federation :scratch: All that stories with DC captain last week was an exemple

Filo V. 04-15-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 11905024)
For doubles don't forget he plays with magic JR so not a big chance to win.

I know but I looked at the draw and I think they maybe could win a couple (or, at least one) matches :p I mean, who can handle so much artistry on one court between JRL and Arno at the same time :angel:

Quote:

We never know with the federation :scratch: All that stories with DC captain last week was an exemple
That's a good point :lol:

I still see it as a common sense decision, though, especially since this could be his last RG. I can't see them dismissing Arno like that. He also defends R2 points too, so that will be a factor.