MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Equipment (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597)
-   -   Another new racket advice thread! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=199342)

gstuff 03-29-2012 04:16 PM

Another new racket advice thread!

Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy a new racket, its something I've actually been wanting to do for a bit but haven't really had the money. I'm 18 and have been playing tennis enthusiastically for the last 4 years. At the moment I'm playing with a 40 Prince that's about 6 years old and, to put it bluntly, is a bit crap. I'm 6'2", quite a light build, but spend a reasonable amount of time in the gym and so I'm relatively strong.
My play relies on hitting deep shots from the baseline and I'd like a racket that gives me easy access to power, I have an alright forehand and one handed backhand and a serve that needs improving! So I'd like something that is going to be helpful in improving my serving. I suppose that's what everyone wants really, but I don't really know how to describe my style of play, so I hope that gives you a vague idea of what kind of player I am!

Anyway the racket that has really caught my fancy is the new Wilson Juice 100 BLX

Other rackets I'm considering are the Prince EXO3 Tour Team 100 and the Head YouTek IG Instinct MP

These rackets all have a 100sq inch head and weigh around 300g which I've convinced myself are the right kind of specs for a player such as myself.

I've also been looking at the Head YouTek IG Radical MP, I think mainly because it's the watered down version of Murray's Racket and as a brit I'd like to think that in some strange way me buying this racket could help spur Murray onto that one grandslam title that he so desperately needs!

Can anyone tell me if I'm looking at the right kind of thing and if they have any opinions about these rackets themselves. I live in the middle of nowhere and haven't found any online retailers that will let me have a demo of these rackets, so I think I may have to buy without trying, which is not really ideal. All help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

DmitriKondra 05-01-2012 05:05 AM

Re: Another new racket advice thread!

Just I like wrote in another thread. Buying a raquet because it "cought your eye" is a very bad idea. And buying a radical won't help Murray win a grand slam. Here's the best thing for You to do. Go and demo raquets. And another thing for You to know that You will grow out of raquets very very quick. Like I got my first real raquet, which was Head Youtek Speed Elite, which was good for me for two weeks and then I realized that my swing changed so much that it don't work for me. You have to try raquets out and try out different tentions.

jacoblewis2008 05-22-2012 06:23 AM

Re: Another new racket advice thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmitriKondra (Post 11946654)
Just I like wrote in another thread. Buying a raquet because it "cought your eye" is a very bad idea. And buying a radical won't help Murray win a grand slam. Here's the best thing for You to do. Go and demo raquets. And another thing for You to know that You will grow out of raquets very very quick. Like I got my first real raquet, which was Head Youtek Speed Elite, which was good for me for two weeks and then I realized that my swing changed so much that it don't work for me. You have to try raquets out and try out different tentions.

Completely agree. You need to have the demo of the racket before you decide which the best one for you is.

NID 06-09-2012 02:45 PM

Anyone tried the new Instinct? How hard is it on elbow and shoulder?