MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WWW IW F: Federer v. Isner (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=198663)

abraxas21 03-18-2012 02:12 AM

WWW IW F: Federer v. Isner

isner surprised federer beating him in 4 sets in DC this year.

will he pull another upset?

Ziros 03-18-2012 02:17 AM

Re: WWW IW F: Federer v. Isner

No doubt you mugs will get it dead wrong again just like in the semis

Johnbert 03-18-2012 02:17 AM

fed in 3. big john will snatch a set in the tiebreak but fed wins.

great final, even if roger doesnt win this, im also fine with isner as the champ :)

Pirata. 03-18-2012 02:19 AM

Fed should take this one. He underestimated John before, but I think now he knows to be careful. Beating Rafa should've given him a lot of confidence.

On the other hand, I would be really proud of John to win his first Masters title beating both the #1 player in the world and the current record holder of slam titles, so either way, it will be a good result.

cmoss 03-18-2012 02:20 AM

2 of my favorite players.:o

IMO Big Isz prefer playing Nadal than Fed.

Fed is hungry for vengeance.But Isner does have chances too,if he serves >>70% like today.

Johnny Iznrr 03-18-2012 02:20 AM

I think Isner had a better chance against Nadal, especially the way he's been playing. Tough to see him winning this match but I'll be happy either way :yeah:

SERBINATOR 03-18-2012 02:21 AM

Fed in the past could have easily handled Big servers like John, afterall that's what he tamed for major part of his prime years

but given his current state it's a 50-50

tealeaves 03-18-2012 02:21 AM

Revengerer in 2

romismak 03-18-2012 02:21 AM

This final is totally unexpected, i thought Nole-Rafa, than i thought John-Rafa, well donīt want to predict... but i think John would have more chances against Rafa, topspin on high bouncing slow court, John would love to hit big FH on that, also Rafaīs serve is average. Roger on other hand has great serve, play much more agressive, good slice, i think Roger can change rhytm and at leat get to TB, if John will have one off service game and end broken he can loose match. I donīt think their DC match is telling us more, either can win, but i believe Roger can win that final with 1 break and tie-break. But we canīt forget on weather, windy conditions and so on... it can change everything, so hope for great weather, no wind for final.

Arkulari 03-18-2012 02:23 AM

Isner played AMAZINGLY vs Nole, specially the TBs so he definitely has good chances.
If the conditions are too wild, I think Roger will win in 2, but if the weather is nice then John has great chances.
Honestly, I have no idea who will win :lol:

TennisGrandSlam 03-18-2012 02:23 AM

Don't forget Isner won Fed in Davis Cup this year,

Anyway, support Fed :)

samanosuke 03-18-2012 02:24 AM

who the fuck cares for this outcome . good things have already been done

HDW 03-18-2012 02:24 AM

fed in 2.

MaxPower 03-18-2012 02:25 AM

Court is slow so pattern of play shouldn't be that different from their clay DC meeting. Isner will use the monster serve and go for short rallies. Fed likely a bit more defensive than usual and try to move the giant from side to side and keep it low on Isners feet if he attempts much net play.

I think Federer executes a smart gameplan this time and wins 6-4, 6-3

The X-factors will be the crowd and the wind. The crowd should favor John if sets get close. If the wind gets crazy it might favor Fed. He's just rock solid playing in gusty wind as he has shown in the US many times

Filo V. 03-18-2012 02:25 AM

Conditions will play an extremely huge factor. Fed will be dreaming conditions are exactly like today in his match vs Rafa. Isner's serve will lose sting and his backhand/movement will be more exploitable.

I think Roger wins in straights. He's just too hot right now and I can't see Isner stopping him.