MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Do you play tennis ? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=198561)

Wojtek 01-31-2003 02:50 PM

Do you play tennis ?

I have played since 1992 . My favorite shot is beckhand , worst service . My favorite serfuce : hard and grass . I hate clay courts .

Dissident 01-31-2003 03:49 PM

LOL! Im just the opposite. :p
I started playing in 1999. Fave shot is the serve, but also like to volley. I dont think my worst shot IS a shot, but its definitely the mind and stamina. I make some stupid mistakes, and spend too much energy kinda fast.

I LLOOOOVVVEEEE the clay. Also dont mind playing on hard. Never played on grass, and dont like the carpet that much.

I use a Head i.Radical MidPlus with IntelliTour strings. Finally found the perfect racquet to me. ;)

Francine 01-31-2003 04:09 PM

I've started to play again 5 months ago after not playing for 4 years. My best shot is backhand, my worst is my serve (I usually loose my service games because my opponent gets to hit 4 return-winners :o ) Favorite surface...mmm, don't really mind, I play on carpet now, but a few years ago I played on clay and before that on artificial (sp?) grass. Raquet, uhm... I'ts an Estusa and it's fine :D , though I'm sure there ones out there that would be better for me, unfortunatly I'm just a poor college student who can't afford a new one right now.

King Aaron 01-31-2003 04:12 PM

I've played tennis only once :o

Wojtek 01-31-2003 04:20 PM

I have Wilson Hammer 4.0 . I changed racket three months ago . I don't play tournament this year because in Poalnd is winter. I just played single matches . I hope new racket will be good because i won last summer 9 from 11 events on grass .

JuaNQui FoReVeR 01-31-2003 04:39 PM

I play.:D

Best Shot - Forehand

Worst Shot - Second Serve, Volleys

Favorite Surface - Indoor Hardcourt - Everything just seems to click when I play indoors.

Worst Surface - Hate the clay.

Never played on Grass.

RogiRulz 01-31-2003 04:42 PM

I started playing in 1999. My fave shot is forehand, my serve in horrible :P I like playing on all surfaces, especially clay. I never played on grass... I have a Babolat like Kim :)

Static 01-31-2003 05:00 PM

Also started to play in 99, my fave shot was forehand but now it's either forehand or backhand. I never played on clay, I like to play either on grass or hard.

Nina 01-31-2003 06:27 PM

I don't remember when started playing, it was a long time ago. I finished last year ranked no61 in Russia my age having played only one tournament :cool: ;)

Haven't played seriously this year, I'm studiing :)

My fave shot is forehand, I play a doublehanded backhand (slice and volley single handedly) but I enjoy hitting the single handed more (I learned that myself so the ball doesn't always go where I plan it to ;) ), I volley from time to time :)

ys 01-31-2003 06:42 PM

I am playing tennis when I am not skiing..:) Hate playing indoors, not because it is faster, but rather because I generally hate playing indoors - no matter what game it is - whether it is tennis or soccer or chess or cards.

mmm!marat 01-31-2003 09:07 PM

yup, i play, i've only played on hardcourt and astro and i use a vokl racket

ILR 01-31-2003 09:11 PM

I certainly try my best!But locally,I got outdoor courts and weather is usually pretty crap :p but played on clay and carpet before.I dont like volleying :o or more like I cant do it!lol and I sometimes try and play a winner of serve,in fact most of the time!Got a good forehand if Im honest!:p

Lee 01-31-2003 09:24 PM

I played tennis once. I was in college and the tennis court was on the roof of the sports complex. Next to the complex was an outdoor swimming pool. I had so many balls flied out of the fence that I worried I might killed someone in the swimming pool with those falling bombs! That's the same reason I swam in that swimming pool once.

Wojtek 01-31-2003 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lee
I played tennis once. I was in college and the tennis court was on the roof of the sports complex. Next to the complex was an outdoor swimming pool. I had so many balls flied out of the fence that I worried I might killed someone in the swimming pool with those falling bombs! That's the same reason I swam in that swimming pool once.
:eek: :D

Scotso 01-31-2003 10:10 PM

I've played for about 8 years. My best shot is my backhand and worst is the forehand ;)