MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Will The Murray-Federer Rivalry End? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=198011)

Certinfy 03-06-2012 10:55 AM

How Will The Murray-Federer Rivalry End?

Murray currently leads it 8-7 but a lot could change in the next few years.

GrantOz44 03-06-2012 11:00 AM

Re: How Will The Murray-Federer Rivalry End?

I voted hesitantly for Murray. Had you asked this at the midpoint of 2011 I would have been more certain.

ssin 03-06-2012 11:15 AM

Another interesting question is: Will Federer retire as Nadal's turkey?

stanch 03-06-2012 11:16 AM

Murray, but it'll be close.

romismak 03-06-2012 11:20 AM

More interresting am i when those 2 finally will play on other surface than HC, because it is raelly weird that 15/15 matches all on HC. I would love to see them to play at Wimbledon or olympics, i think it could be great match

About H2H Murray should win, already is leading 8-7 and Federer should decline in next 2-3years if he will play still.

Topspindoctor 03-06-2012 11:27 AM

Olderer will reverse his h2h against Pushray as he seems to have stopped tanking in MM
events and Olderer even at 50% is too much for the Scot grinder as Dubai final showed.

Jamoz 03-06-2012 11:28 AM

I quote Kosh "In Flames" :fiery:

fsoica 03-06-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssin (Post 11793632)

More likely to say Nadal will retire having Fed (still active at that time) as a turkey. If Rafa will choose to play when his body will begin to crack (3 years from now, imho), Fed will have the chance to level a little bit of that lopsided h2h. But, knowing Rafa, he will retire when he will have the feeling that he is not a top 3 contender anymore.

Sri 03-06-2012 11:35 AM

Given the age advantage and the slowness of courts and conditions, Murray will be ahead.

But Fed might be ahead in matches that actually matter.

duong 03-06-2012 11:35 AM

Of course Murray will be ahead because Federer will still play many years at an old age.

I know that some Fed-haters on MTF like Certinfy love that because these H2H statistical concepts are a big part of the daily conceptual debate on MTF,

but personally I'm just happy about that because I want Fed to play still for many years :)

I know it's hard to understand for many ones here who keep on bullshitting about "legacy" and so on (and also I keep on saying that the retirement presented as "ideal" of Sampras made a lot of harm to the pleasure about watching old players, in the media as well, in the context of a global society not accepting getting old),

but Federer is not a member of MTF forum : he lives his own life and his goals are to play longer, enjoy longer and sometimes win longer ... for his pleasure and the pleasure of his fans who have a peaceful concept of life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssin (Post 11793632)

Conceptually and for MTF definitely yes it's even more obvious than for Murray : I can't see Federer as a "turkey" myself, he's not that kind of animal but you like other haters will have the pleasure to enjoy that :)

ssin 03-06-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsoica (Post 11793650)
More likely to say Nadal will retire having Fed (still active at that time) as a turkey. If Rafa will choose to play when his body will begin to crack (3 years from now, imho), Fed will have the chance to level a little bit of that lopsided h2h. But, knowing Rafa, he will retire when he will have the feeling that he is not a top 3 contender anymore.

a possible scenario, I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by duong (Post 11793659)

Conceptually and for MTF definitely yes it's even more obvious than for Murray : I can't see Federer as a "turkey" myself, he's not that kind of animal but you like other haters will have the pleasure to enjoy that :)

Believe it or not, I wouldn't like that and it might not happen. I don't hate Fed, sometimes his unbecoming petulance gets to me, that's all. There are many people who genuinely love the man, so I can understand how that might look to them.

As for Murray and Fed, nothing is given there either. If I had to bet, I would rate the odds as equal actually.

abraxas21 03-06-2012 11:55 AM

i figure murray will get the best of federer in coming years, esp. as one naturally expects federer to keep declining over the years.

UsD.AnDreS 03-06-2012 12:16 PM

It will end...pause... on HC.

Thunderfish8 03-06-2012 12:18 PM

Murray is improving each year.
Federer is slowly declining each year.

Murray leads 8-7. So it would be logical to say that especially in the last year or two of Federer's career, Murray will pull away to end their rivalry with maybe a four or five more wins.

BroTree123 03-06-2012 12:23 PM

When Fed is on, he's an awful matchup for Murray.