MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=197991)

Poetik 03-05-2012 08:42 PM

Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
result of the year:worship:

Yves. 03-05-2012 08:44 PM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Suzuki's 35! Good to see he's still playing.

asmazif 03-05-2012 08:49 PM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Suzuki's a hero. what the hell happened here? :sad:

Adri89 03-05-2012 10:32 PM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
He wasn't going to serve for the match.

Jimnik 03-05-2012 10:45 PM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Waiting for gamblers to come ranting in here.

Maybe Lim is a very good friend.

Johnny Groove 03-06-2012 01:12 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
I guess he was injured and knew the other guy would put up a better fight than he would in the next round.

BigJohn 03-06-2012 02:34 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Groove (Post 11793028)
I guess he was injured and knew the other guy would put up a better fight than he would in the next round.

If that is the case, bravo.

Snowwy 03-06-2012 03:03 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Groove (Post 11793028)
I guess he was injured and knew the other guy would put up a better fight than he would in the next round.

If that is the case, he is an idiot.

Smoke944 03-06-2012 03:29 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowwy (Post 11793190)
If that is the case, he is an idiot.

It's not, of course.

Pulled muscle. Not surprising that a 35 year old can get injured.

v-money 03-06-2012 04:22 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke944 (Post 11793216)
It's not, of course.

Pulled muscle. Not surprising that a 35 year old can get injured.

I agree with Snowwy on this one. Why not try to win the match despite the injury? It's not like he has much of a career to jeopardize in front of him...he's 35.

By retiring at this stage it just shows that he doesn't care about the results anymore. In my opinion, he can now be a club player, instead of a professional. The way the draws fall and the way the matches transpire matters to a lot of people (not just gamblers) and retiring at this stage of the match sends a strange message to fans, tournament organizers and other players. Plus he retired at this challenger last year, while up in the first set. Barring a serious injury where Suzuki actually couldn't play (which is very possible, and maybe someone that watched the match can fill us in ), I find this to be stupid behavior. Just try to beat the guy if he did not actually earn a position in the next round.

BroTree123 03-06-2012 04:26 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Excellent shit. Well...not really.

Topspindoctor 03-06-2012 04:28 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
I never heard of either of these two mugs, so the outcome of this match and consequently the entire tournament is irrelevant.

Smoke944 03-06-2012 04:41 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by v-money (Post 11793265)
I agree with Snowwy on this one. Why not try to win the match despite the injury? It's not like he has much of a career to jeopardize in front of him...he's 35.

By retiring at this stage it just shows that he doesn't care about the results anymore. In my opinion, he can now be a club player, instead of a professional. The way the draws fall and the way the matches transpire matters to a lot of people (not just gamblers) and retiring at this stage of the match sends a strange message to fans, tournament organizers and other players. Plus he retired at this challenger last year, while up in the first set. Barring a serious injury where Suzuki actually couldn't play (which is very possible, and maybe someone that watched the match can fill us in ), I find this to be stupid behavior. Just try to beat the guy if he did not actually earn a position in the next round.

Much ado about nothing. It's the first round of a 35k Asian challenger.

heya 03-06-2012 06:07 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
wasn't suzuki the one who broke federer's serve 3 times in a slam?

duong 03-06-2012 08:33 AM

Re: Kyoto R1: Suzuki have 6:3, 5:4 and lost by retiretment against Lim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke944 (Post 11793216)
It's not, of course.

Pulled muscle. Not surprising that a 35 year old can get injured.

People keep on imagining such things on MTF :rolleyes:

Last week Odesnik retired being one break ahead in third set, I highly doubt he did that for his opponent's beautiful eyes ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.