MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Federer Express (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   (500) Weeks of Roger (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=197970)

Pipsy 03-05-2012 01:32 AM

(500) Weeks of Roger
 
Hey All,

Haven't posted for a while but just thought I'd let you know that Roger Federer has now spent 500 calendar weeks in the top 10 during his career. What an achievement!

:eek: :eek: :eek:


Congratulations to Roger and his fans! What number do you guys think he will reach by the end of his career?

A link to how he compares to other active players in this statistic can be found in one of my other threads http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=176322

Adri89 03-05-2012 01:43 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
520 will mean something big : 10 years. Probably you can extend it to top 5 very soon. And not far from "in a row". He is in top ten since 14.10.2002

JediFed 03-05-2012 01:57 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
Quote:

And not far from "in a row". He is in top ten since 14.10.2002
And not far from 10 years in a row in the top 5 either.

February 17th of 2013 will be 10 years in the top 5. The last one to achieve this was Lendl.

He's had the best run since Sampras' 10 years 10 months in the top ten, missing a week at 7, which is best in the modern tour era.

Lendl was in the top 5 for just a little over 10 years consecutively.

Connors had a run from September 26th of 1973 to May 5th of 1986 in the top 5, a span of 12 years 7 months, which is the open-era record.

fast_clay 03-05-2012 02:16 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
tiger woods spent 623 weeks at #1

leng jai 03-05-2012 02:24 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
Hollywood will make a rom com out of this in a few years. The question is which roles Rogi and Rafito will play. I see Rafito as more of the Joseph Gordan Levitt type.

Ajde.

Corey Feldman 03-05-2012 02:27 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
here's to hitting 1000 on this as well

just needs to stay in the top10 till he's 40

JediFed 03-05-2012 02:34 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
That would be an interesting interview.

"Hello Federer, how do you feel losing your 10th RG final?

"I feel excellent! This time I won a set against Rafa, I'm thrilled!"

"Are you aware you've now clinched 20 years in the top 5?"

"Nope, news to me."

"I heard Djokovic challenged you to a match on the blackrock tour"

"Again?"

sexybeast 03-05-2012 03:30 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai (Post 11791543)
Hollywood will make a rom com out of this in a few years. The question is which roles Rogi and Rafito will play. I see Rafito as more of the Joseph Gordan Levitt type.

Ajde.

Its fun to think that Joseph Gordon Levitt is older than Federer but is known as one of the promising young actors! Federer is known as an old man or grandpa at 30, that is pretty sad.

abraxas21 03-05-2012 03:32 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JediFed (Post 11791556)
That would be an interesting interview.

"Hello Federer, how do you feel losing your 10th RG final?

"I feel excellent! This time I won a set against Rafa, I'm thrilled!"

"Are you aware you've now clinched 20 years in the top 5?"

"Nope, news to me."

"I heard Djokovic challenged you to a match on the blackrock tour"

"Again?"

:lol:

Beat 03-05-2012 08:29 AM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybeast (Post 11791615)
Its fun to think that Joseph Gordon Levitt is older than Federer but is known as one of the promising young actors! Federer is known as an old man or grandpa at 30, that is pretty sad.

not surprising really, because sports ≠ movies.

SUKTUEN 03-05-2012 01:16 PM

Re: (500) Weeks of Roger
 
:worship::worship:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.