MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133)
-   -   Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimby (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=197923)

abraxas21 03-03-2012 05:21 PM

Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimby

http://www.marca.com/2012/03/02/teni...5&t=1330722391

:lol:

ReturnWinner 03-03-2012 05:23 PM

Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play an exho for Nadal's foundation after W

What a prick.

samanosuke 03-03-2012 05:23 PM

Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play an exho for Nadal's foundation after W

Fed means business these days . No time for fooling around

castle007 03-03-2012 05:25 PM

Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimb

I don't understand the OP

SERBINATOR 03-03-2012 05:27 PM

Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimb

This Exho is being played in honor of Real Madrid's 110th anniversary

Roger supports Barcelona

abraxas21 03-03-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castle007 (Post 11788334)
I don't understand the OP

got confused with the link. just fixed it

it says:

Quote:

02/03/12 - 19:25.

Roger Federer no ha aceptado la invitación de Rafael Nadal para enfrentarse el próximo 14 de julio en un partido benéfico en el estadio Santiago Bernabéu. Se trata de una iniciativa conjunta de la Fundación Real Madrid y la Fundación Rafa Nadal, enmarcada dentro de los actos por el 110 aniversario del club de fútbol. Su recaudación irá destinada a los proyectos benéficos de ambas.

"Se le hizo la propuesta a Roger de participar en este acontecimiento, pero ha rechazado la oferta. El acontecimiento parece algo realmente único, pero la fecha no es buena para él porque esté fuera de las competiciones para preparar a los Juegos Olímpicos, por tanto, no podrá participar", dijo Tony Godsick, mánager del suizo.

Con esta iniciativa, se intentará batir un récord Guinness de asistencia a un partido de tenis, hasta ahora establecido en las 35.681 personas que presenciaron al encuentro que disputaron la belga Kim Clijsters y la estadounidense Serena Williams en 2010, también en un estadio de fútbol.
Roger Federer hasn't accepted Rafael Nadal's invitation to face off the next 14th of july in a charity match in the Santiago Bernabéu stadium. It's a joint initiative of the Real Madrid Foundation and the Rafael Nadal Foundation, framed within the acts for the 110th anniversary of the football club. Its takings will be destined to the charity projects of both.

"A proposition to participate was made to Roger in this act, but he refused the offer. The act seems truly unique, but the date isn't good for him for he'd need to be out of competition to prepare the Olympic Games. Therefore, he'll not be able to participate", Tony Godsick said, the Swiss' manager.

With this initiative, it will be tried to beat the Guinness record for assistance to a tennis match, set until now by the 35,681 persons who watched the encounter between the Belgian Kim Clijsters and the American Serena Williams in 2010, also in a football stadium.

martinatreue 03-03-2012 05:29 PM

Good for tennis!

reery 03-03-2012 05:35 PM

Good. No time to waste on bloody exhos.

masterclass 03-03-2012 05:38 PM

"It's the obvious really". I know it's for charity, and Mr. Federer would do it if it were in a more appropriate time. Why would Federer want to play a grass exho with Nadal between Wimbledon and the Olympics, to give Nadal more practice against him on grass? If I were Fed, I would put the ball back in Nadal's court and say something gracious like: I'd love to do your charity event, but please reschedule it after the Olympics sometime.

If anything, if Federer is not too tired after Wimbledon, and feels like he needs match play, he might try to grab an invitation into a grass tourney like the Newport Hall of Fame.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Ash86 03-03-2012 05:40 PM

Stupid move by Nadal's PR/Real Madrid's PR to announce the exo without determining the player - and with rumours of it being Fed already swirling. That said, I do think Fed could play it - there are 3 weeks between Wimby and the Olympics with no tournaments in between - that's a long time and one day off in Madrid playing for 2 big charities in a historic setting would be something nice to do. He's going to New York straight from Dubai for an exo - much easier from Switzerland/London (wherever he will practice on grass) to go to Madrid for a day. He'll have his private jet and could literally be done in half a day.

Playing a match in front of 85,000 people would be epic and I really can't see it negatively affecting his Olympics preparations. Hope he reconsiders. This wouldn't just be any old exo - playing on grass against his biggest rival in one of the world's most prestigious stadiums, in front of the biggest crowd to watch a tennis match ever - you'd kind of think it'd be right up Roger's street. I'm sure his foundation could get a cut of the proceeds too.... Give the fans what they want Roger.

As for Roger being a Barcelona fan - I don't think so -pretty sure he's more Madrid than Barca...

timafi 03-03-2012 05:43 PM

Nadal should ask Djokovic if he has the guts :devil:

Friday16 03-03-2012 05:47 PM

He did the right thing. Stupid timing for an exho.

I heard that they'll ask Ferrer now. Ignoring Nole? :haha:

timafi 03-03-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friday16 (Post 11788411)
He did the right thing. Stupid timing for an exho.

I heard that they'll ask Ferrer now. Ignoring avoiding Nole? :haha:

FIXED for ya buddy

JediFed 03-03-2012 05:51 PM

Heh, he'll be playing Hamburg for an Olympic tune-up. :)

Sunset of Age 03-03-2012 05:52 PM

If anything of this is indeed more than a rumour, very poor timing indeed - I can fully understand Roger rejecting this invitation for that reason and it actually makes me question Rafa's plans for doing well at the Olympics. Ah perhaps as he already has a gold medal from there, he might well think differently about it (just a guess, of course).

Change the date please, Rafa!