MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will Federer get to 2nd place in the rankings before RG? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=197891)

hipolymer 03-02-2012 10:34 PM

Will Federer get to 2nd place in the rankings before RG?

He is defending 1350 points while Nadal is defending 3900 points...I certainly think it's possible and I don't expect Nadal to defend all those finals.

ApproachShot 03-02-2012 10:37 PM

Re: Will Federer get to 2nd place in the rankings before RG?

I don't think it will be possible. Had he won the Australian Open semi-final against Nadal then it would have been a different story, however.

SheepleBuster 03-02-2012 10:38 PM

haha. Right. Like Nadal won't defend those? It is more likely for Novak to have a big collapse in confidence after losing to the black hole of tennis which is the no slam wonder, Andry Murray. To be honest, I would retire if I lost to a player with so much mental weakness. Andy's game is great but he was mentally weak even today. So no. Federer will end up #4 in no time. He ain't going up. Sad to say.

sexybeast 03-02-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepleBuster (Post 11786015)
haha. Right. Like Nadal won't defend those? It is more likely for Novak to have a big collapse in confidence after losing to the black hole of tennis which is the no slam wonder, Andry Murray. To be honest, I would retire if I lost to a player with so much mental weakness. Andy's game is great but he was mentally weak even today. So no. Federer will end up #4 in no time. He ain't going up. Sad to say.

Atleast he wasnt bagelled by this black hole of tennis and managed to get more than 3 points every set.

Rafa might not be able to defend even half of his HC points, he might also be tired and not play 4 tournaments on clay before RG.

Lets say Rafa:

Gets to SF in Indian Wells and QF in Miami, loses in F in MC and Madrid and wins Barcelona, he fails to defend 1660 points in that case.

Federer catches then up as long as he defends his points.

emotion 03-02-2012 10:47 PM

I think Murray is as likely as Federer, but unless Nadal plays a good clay season out of nowhere, one of them will.
Federer's choking in AO semi was so enormous it may take him even further into depths of choking tomorrow

Li Ching Yuen 03-02-2012 10:52 PM

Federer doesn't do shit at IW or Miami lately so how could he make the jump?

It's all about Djokovic, Nadal, Murray and Del Potro at these two then Nadal and Djokovic during clay, maybe Del Potro too if he's got his good clay shoes on.

Filo V. 03-02-2012 10:55 PM

People are writing Nadal off when he was basically in the drivers seat to win the AO against his nemesis in Djokovic a little over a month ago. How easily people forget.

Indian Wells in particular is basically the best tournament for Rafa's game on a HC. I expect at least a final there. He's fresh and he should be sharp. And that confidence will spring board him to a successful Miami, and future events.

abraxas21 03-02-2012 10:57 PM

:lol:

typical MTF. then federer will have to retire after he loses to murray tomorrow

reery 03-02-2012 11:55 PM

No.

Murray is more likely. He is defending very few pts. until RG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen (Post 11786040)
Federer doesn't do shit at IW or Miami lately so how could he make the jump?

It's all about Djokovic, Nadal, Murray and Del Potro at these two then Nadal and Djokovic during clay, maybe Del Potro too if he's got his good clay shoes on.

Agree.

HKz 03-03-2012 12:00 AM

Yes as several mentioned, both Murray and Federer have a shot. You can say Murray will be the one to step it up, but until he truly does, Federer is still the better one to bet especially considering his quite consistent form since the US Open last year. You may say Nadal will defend or even gain points, but come on, he made the final of all the tournaments he entered starting from Indian Wells, so to say he won't slip at all might be a bit of a stretch. We will have to see his form though since he hasn't been playing like the other 3.

BroTree123 03-03-2012 12:18 AM

No one cares.

viruzzz 03-03-2012 12:21 AM

I hope, but I don't think so.
Maybe after WIMBAADAAANNNN

rocketassist 03-03-2012 12:24 AM

I would love this. Djoker-Nadal not the final would be superb.

BauerAlmeida 03-03-2012 12:28 AM

I don't see him getting good results at the clay season, but if he does well at IW and Miami and Nadal not so much maybe he can.

swebright 03-03-2012 01:54 AM

Don't think so, but if it happens, it will be great. Anyway, Nadal will be in the final. :devil: