MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=196724)

2003 02-11-2012 09:55 AM

How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest?

How can a player be tired after a 5 setter when they have 2 days to recover, to do ice baths, god knows what else etc?

I mean, after even hours of running around, you catch your breath after a few mintues.

I mean I can understand how the body is stiff, you certainly get cramps and what not.

But "tired"? I dont think so.

Okay, its hard to back up after hard work outs. Its hard. But in tennis you get breaks.

Cyclists, Runners, they train every day. 2 days rest is heaps to them. I mean Marathon runners run the equivilent of 4 marathons in training a week, the top ones. They run 160KM a week.

Djokovic ran about 11KM over his semi and final at AO.

Okay, a lot of thats sprinting. But still. Thats not the toughest of workouts over 6 hours with rests.

How could you be tired per say?

GSMnadal 02-11-2012 10:02 AM

Re: How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest?

you really have no clue, do you :lol:

sprinting, stopping and sprinting again, changing directions, it's incredibly tough...how can you not be tired should be the question.

BodyServe 02-11-2012 10:05 AM

You get tired after more than 5 hours, i mean you get tired naturally, it would be the same with 10 days rest.

leng jai 02-11-2012 10:06 AM

Thread title is one of the greatest mysteries in life.

Adri89 02-11-2012 10:10 AM

Well, I think you made a wrong comparaison with cycling and running.
I will just answer on one thing : in tennis, you can be tired physically of course, but also mentally. You need to be sooo focus at the ATP level, on each point, you have to come with a plan, you have to be ready to adapt it, handle the pressure in the decisive moment, accept the frustration... tennis is such an exhausted sport in the mental department. A 5 sets' match takes you a lot of energy in the mental department because tennis in more emotional than others sports.

2003 02-11-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adri89 (Post 11730286)
Well, I think you made a wrong comparaison with cycling and running.
I will just answer on one thing : in tennis, you can be tired physically of course, but also mentally. You need to be sooo focus at the ATP level, on each point, you have to come with a plan, you have to be ready to adapt it, handle the pressure in the decisive moment, accept the frustration... tennis is such an exhausted sport in the mental department. A 5 sets' match takes you a lot of energy in the mental department because tennis in more emotional than others sports.

You think running 42.2km or cycling for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours isnt mentally tiring?

Coolio_Jack 02-11-2012 10:47 AM

I suggest you to get really tired for once, instead of spending days thinking what poll should i make for today.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel 02-11-2012 11:09 AM

once again showing why he deserves the troll of the year title

Alex999 02-11-2012 11:11 AM

tennis is much more complicated than running and cycling. it requires mental and psychical energy. 2 days rest should be enough, but at the highest level small things decide who's gonna win a match. I also think that it's silly to compare other sports with tennis.

2003 02-11-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BodyServe (Post 11730274)
You get tired after more than 5 hours, i mean you get tired naturally, it would be the same with 10 days rest.

Thats not what im talking about.

NikosureE was exhausted even after a few games against Murray at AO after the 5 setter with Tsonga.

Deathless Mortal 02-11-2012 11:15 AM

NikosureE lol

2003 02-11-2012 11:15 AM

What I mean is, you might be tight, not move as well, be sore.

But you wont get out of breath easier due to a hard workout you did 2 days ago. Your cardio system has already recovered.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel 02-11-2012 11:17 AM

accumilated fatigue

push your body hard enough and damage stays for more than "2days rest"

probably irreversible damage to your joints, your muscles etc

did you know that 1000 people die of heart attacks ever year from running marathons- and not just unhealthy people

even the healthiest of people can suffer heart attacks- if you train more than 4 hours a day you push your body beyond what its naturally capable of

in other words over training is worse than no training at all

2003 02-11-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal (Post 11730373)
NikosureE lol

I can never remember his spelling so just go with the Phonetic :)

But you know what I mean right? I mean olympic athletes have to run heats, semis, finals, with very little rest.

They dont really get "tired".

2003 02-11-2012 11:19 AM

And Tennis hero, globe wide, I could find 1000 people that die of heart attacks every year doing just about anything. Doesnt prove squat.

Having a dicky heart is what causes a heart attack.