MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pete Sampras analyses the 2011 season (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=194959)

Nole fan 01-11-2012 11:20 AM

Pete Sampras analyses the 2011 season

2011 Tennis Season Reviewed In ATP Uncovered with comments by Pete Sampras and Agassi on the Top 4. :)

Shinoj 01-11-2012 11:58 AM

Re: Pete Sampras analyses the 2011 season

Sampras was quite spot on with his analysis. About Djokovic's season. Incredible really and later in the video that comment was aptly made about Murray too. that the victory against Nadal in Tokyo showed that he had talent.

Nole fan 01-11-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinoj (Post 11621145)
Sampras was quite spot on with his analysis. About Djokovic's season. Incredible really and later in the video that comment was aptly made about Murray too. that the victory against Nadal in Tokyo showed that he had talent.

But who didn't know that already, seriously? That Murray hasn't been able to win any slam doesn't mean that he hasn't got the talent to do it. Even if he went all his career slamless he would still be one of the most talented players to play the game.

Shinoj 01-11-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nole fan (Post 11621193)
But who didn't know that already, seriously? That Murray hasn't been able to win any slam doesn't mean that he hasn't got the talent to do it. Even if he went all his career slamless he would still be one of the most talented players to play the game.

Actually i always thought Sampras was a dull and dour personality. It was quite insightful from him to be honest.

Sri 01-11-2012 01:17 PM

Great video. Why is Andy Murray included in this discussion?

I think Del Potro has just as much a chance of success in 2012 as Andy, and Potro has proven that he is mentally tough enough.

Topspindoctor 01-12-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nole fan (Post 11621193)

Not really, the technical weaknesses in his game are quite obvious. The common school of thought is that Mugray can't win a slam because he's mentally weak - that is incorrect. He can't win a slam because he's a pusher.

Shinoj 01-12-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 11622814)
Not really, the technical weaknesses in his game are quite obvious. The common school of thought is that Mugray can't win a slam because he's mentally weak - that is incorrect. He can't win a slam because he's a pusher.

Everybody has technical weaknesses. Nobody is perfect. Like Nadal whose game is barely watchable. Can never understand how anybody can become a Nadal fan. Murray at least has talent to watch him.

Nole fan 01-12-2012 03:03 AM

People, seriously, no one and i mean no one can succeed at the top without huge amounts of TALENT. When people say a player is talentless it makes me laugh, it's so ludicrous and so untrue. Just to break in the Top 100 of the world makes you hugely talented, and to be in the top 4 means that you're amongst the best 4 players in the whole wide world. Just think about that and tell me again they have no talent.

jadey 01-12-2012 03:25 AM

Dont waste your typing skills Nole fan , some people on here just cant grasp it

Lee 01-12-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinoj (Post 11621224)
Actually i always thought Sampras was a dull and dour personality. It was quite insightful from him to be honest.

He was very focus and competitive during his prime. Nowadays, he is very relax and playful in the championship series/senior tour. Except may be playing vs Agassi :lol:

Sri 01-12-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nole fan (Post 11623002)
People, seriously, no one and i mean no one can succeed at the top without huge amounts of TALENT. When people say a player is talentless it makes me laugh, it's so ludicrous and so untrue. Just to break in the Top 100 of the world makes you hugely talented, and to be in the top 4 means that you're amongst the best 4 players in the whole wide world. Just think about that and tell me again they have no talent.

It's all relatively. Murray is not a mug, but he's a relative mug compared to Fedalovic. Of course things can change if Murray has a transformation similar to Nole 2011.

Topspindoctor 01-12-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nole fan (Post 11623002)

Murray is being compared to multi slam winners when gauging talent, not to top 100 players.

Shinoj 01-12-2012 06:34 AM

Nina, Determination and physical prowess along with great coaching can break you into Top 4. Talent is no longer required in these condition. And i know you wont agree with it.

Nole fan 01-12-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinoj (Post 11623305)
Nina, Determination and physical prowess along with great coaching can break you into Top 4. Talent is no longer required in these condition. And i know you wont agree with it.

Obviously I don't agree with that. If it was down to it, ANYONE could be in the Top 4. Anyone. No way, mate, you've got it all wrong. Don't confuse a style that bores you with lack of talent. Style is style, everyone's got a different one, but talent means skills, and to succeed in this super competitive sport that we call tennis, you need better skills than everyone else. Only a very selective few can play tennis like these guys.

Shinoj 01-12-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nole fan (Post 11623440)
Obviously I don't agree with that. If it was down to it, ANYONE could be in the Top 4. Anyone. No way, mate, you've got it all wrong. Don't confuse a style that bores you with lack of talent. Style is style, everyone's got a different one, but talent means skills, and to succeed in this super competitive sport that we call tennis, you need better skills than everyone else. Only a very selective few can play tennis like these guys.

I can bet everything on it. if you have those things from an early age, anyone can do it. i repeat under THESE CONDITIONS.