MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Aussies - is anyone else sick of the endless Stosur and Tomic hype? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=194932)

lleytonfan! 01-11-2012 01:49 AM

Aussies - is anyone else sick of the endless Stosur and Tomic hype?

It's SO annoying. All day Monday, before her match started, 7 TWO must have previewed it about 15 times, and gone about how her and Schiavone had played in the RG final, how she'd won the USO, and how she has a great chance to win the AO. Then yesterday and today, the endless previewing of Tomic's match, and how he too is going to be some kind of GOAT. We get it, Tomic is going to play in Kooyong today against Tomas Berdych. You don't have to say it 100000000 times.

BroTree123 01-11-2012 01:50 AM

Re: Aussies - is anyone else sick of the endless Stosur and Tomic hype?

You read my mind mate.

Mountaindewslave 01-11-2012 01:54 AM

i mean i get the TOmic bandwagon, he's so young, but Stosur is like 27, unlikely she's going to get better, maybe worse

petar_pan 01-11-2012 01:57 AM

It's stupid to make any hype around 19 year old kid who is #37 in the world. If he is top 10 or top 20, than it would be ok.
Stosur is good, so that's ok.

swebright 01-11-2012 02:49 AM

Hyping put more pressure on them.

Topspindoctor 01-11-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lleytonfan! (Post 11620484)
It's SO annoying. All day Monday, before her match started, 7 TWO must have previewed it about 15 times, and gone about how her and Schiavone had played in the RG final, how she'd won the USO, and how she has a great chance to win the AO. Then yesterday and today, the endless previewing of Tomic's match, and how he too is going to be some kind of GOAT. We get it, Tomic is going to play in Kooyong today against Tomas Berdych. You don't have to say it 100000000 times.

I am more annoyed by 7 TWO showing absolute mugs and has beens like Ebden, Matosevic and Hewitt instead of decent matches.

Stosur is a GS champ after all and Tomic is a somewhat promising player...

GasquetFan 01-11-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 11620595)
I am more annoyed by 7 TWO showing absolute mugs and has beens like Ebden, Matosevic and Hewitt instead of decent matches.

This. Every year they show the "promising young Aussie's" or the "Aussie up and comers" matches, which 90% of the time the Australian loses in straight sets anyway, instead of decent matches on the main courts between high ranked players, it's ridiculous. :o

allpro 01-11-2012 03:16 AM

tomic is carrying a heavy burden behind that laid-back demeanor. i hope it doesn't cripple him.

lleytonfan! 01-11-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspindoctor (Post 11620595)

That's a bit harsh to Ebden. He had a good win on Monday and is currently up 6-3 4-4 against Bagdhatis.

The thing is, though, of course I understand the hype, but this is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overboard.

Mountaindewslave 01-11-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petar_pan (Post 11620503)
It's stupid to make any hype around 19 year old kid who is #37 in the world. If he is top 10 or top 20, than it would be ok.
Stosur is good, so that's ok.

oh please, Tomic at 19 has more talent than Stosur will ever have it just happens that the WTA is a complete mess.

and you can mark my words that Tomic will end with more Grand Slams by the time he is done than Stosur, and it won't even be close

MuzzahLovah 01-11-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave (Post 11620491)
i mean i get the TOmic bandwagon, he's so young, but Stosur is like 27, unlikely she's going to get better, maybe worse

I couldn't disagree more. Tomic just got destroyed in Brisbane and has done absolutely nothing of note. Stosur won the last grand slam by beating Serena Williams. If that isn't deserving of hype, I don't know what is.

NardDog 01-11-2012 04:25 AM

Stosur: Who cares?

Tomic: Bring it on! The more hype, the better. I have just witnessed him destroy Berdych in very difficult conditions. I don't think many people realise what kind of a talent he is just yet.

Asadinator 01-11-2012 04:31 AM

I hated Stosur since I can remember, never liked her. She gets so much hype here and never produces. Error machine and choker. I can understand Hewitt because he was such a champion, but in the last few years I just say in my head "get over yourselves Australia, he sucks now".

Nothing wrong with the Tomic hype though.

lleytonfan! 01-11-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NardDog (Post 11620687)

Tomic: Bring it on! The more hype, the better. I have just witnessed him destroy Berdych in very difficult conditions. I don't think many people realise what kind of a talent he is just yet.

How is 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 destroying someone? :confused:

I hope that he draws a top seed and loses in the 1R.

MuzzahLovah 01-11-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NardDog (Post 11620687)

:yawn:
Isn't Berdych losing to a talentless Australian in an Aussie exo where good players are paid lots of money to tank to talentless home favorite hacks pretty much expected?