MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Announcements, Site Rules & FAQ (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Changes to Player Forums (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=194150)

scoobs 12-29-2011 09:06 AM

Changes to Player Forums
 
Hi everyone,

In order to reduce clutter from the ever-increasing list of inactive players, we have rolled out changes to the Player Forums. For countries / regions where there were player forums for players who are now retired or otherwise inactive, there is now a link called Inactive Players. Clicking this takes you to Blast From The Past, where there is a forum to hold the forums for these inactive players.

Below that link, there is also a link directly into the forum of each player whose forum has been moved to Blast From The Past

e.g.



Hope this makes sense - any questions / comments, post below :)

Guest12315544 12-29-2011 09:24 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
I am really glad to see this finally taking place :) However, a couple of items to put on your or someones list of things to be done. Amer Delic who has a Forum in the U.S. section now plays for Bosnia/Herzegovina. And Alex Bogomolov, Jr. just has a thread in the U.S. section, but he now plays for Russia. So both those need to be moved.

Guest12315544 12-29-2011 09:41 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Hasn't Marat Safin retired? He is now in politics in Russia and is no longer on the ATP site. So shouldn't he be inactive?

scoobs 12-29-2011 10:38 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Safin's forum is still extremely active so we're leaving that where it is for the time being - it's busier than many players who haven't retired.

As for the others, if fans in the Delic forum or the Bogomolov thread ask us to move them then we'll see about doing that but none of them have asked up until now.

Guest12315544 12-29-2011 10:55 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Well no one is in the Delic Forum now. And posters in Bogomolov's thread wants that thread moved to Russia. I told them they had to ask a Moderator to do it because that was the only way it could be done, but I don't guess anyone asked? Anyway this is what was said--Alex is now representing Russia, please rid the Team USA thread of him. That sounds like a request to me!

Guest12315544 12-29-2011 08:48 PM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
I love the way this worked out--it is great! Many thanks to habibko for coming up with this in the suggestion thread :bowdown:

Guest12315544 12-30-2011 06:42 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobs (Post 11586900)
Safin's forum is still extremely active so we're leaving that where it is for the time being - it's busier than many players who haven't retired.

As for the others, if fans in the Delic forum or the Bogomolov thread ask us to move them then we'll see about doing that but none of them have asked up until now.

I don't know scoobs if you moved the Delic Forum and the Bogomolov thread or if someone else did, but I just noticed they were in their correct places. So thanks to whoever made those changes :)

Chirag 12-31-2011 04:02 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Great job moderators .:D It definately reduced some cluttery

Guest12315544 12-31-2011 04:33 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon (Post 11590488)
Great job moderators .:D It definately reduced some cluttery

I'm glad to know that someone agrees with me about this :)

Fee 01-08-2012 09:36 PM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Scoobs, I just created a 2012 thread for JMG. Would you consider moving that to the random single threads for the US players? Just in case anyone cares to see it for now. Thanks.

Alex999 12-25-2012 01:55 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Mods, in general I really think you are doing a fine job. The board is well organized, in my opinion too well. I would like to see less forums and sub forums ... the board is getting too complicated and it does need to be simplified. e.i. we have the off topic forum, sort of within GM, then we have 'the non tennis' forum... what is the difference? they should be merged or just leave the 'off topic' forum, everyone knows what it is (talk about whatever that is non tennis related or close to it ... Fed/Mirka love one another or Nole buying donkey cheese, Murray needs a better dentist kinda thing, lol). sorry, just my 5 cents, try to simplify things ... get rid of some sub forums ... I've been around on MTF for a while, and know where everything is, but new members probably will feel a bit lost.

Also, it would be probably easier for mods too, less time consuming etc.

Guest12315544 12-25-2012 09:54 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
I just wish someone would continue the job of moving the players that have retired to the section for players that are now retired! I also wish some tennis players would make up their minds about which country they are playing for! Levine should be in the section for Canada's players now!

Chirag 12-25-2012 10:25 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex999 (Post 12617477)
Mods, in general I really think you are doing a fine job. The board is well organized, in my opinion too well. I would like to see less forums and sub forums ... the board is getting too complicated and it does need to be simplified. e.i. we have the off topic forum, sort of within GM, then we have 'the non tennis' forum... what is the difference? they should be merged or just leave the 'off topic' forum, everyone knows what it is (talk about whatever that is non tennis related or close to it ... Fed/Mirka love one another or Nole buying donkey cheese, Murray needs a better dentist kinda thing, lol). sorry, just my 5 cents, try to simplify things ... get rid of some sub forums ... I've been around on MTF for a while, and know where everything is, but new members probably will feel a bit lost.

Also, it would be probably easier for mods too, less time consuming etc.

I think having more sub forum make this forum more organised which is what I prefer . I am pretty sure you are underestimating the intelligance of the new members . They will get to know this place quickly

Guest12315544 12-26-2012 06:18 AM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chirag (Post 12617587)
I think having more sub forum make this forum more organised which is what I prefer . I am pretty sure you are underestimating the intelligance of the new members . They will get to know this place quickly

I agree! Really there has been no great changes in the layout of the Forum since I became a member. And I remember it was fun moving around the Forum to see what all you could find :)

Litotes 12-26-2012 09:56 PM

Re: Changes to Player Forums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex999 (Post 12617477)
Mods, in general I really think you are doing a fine job. The board is well organized, in my opinion too well. I would like to see less forums and sub forums ... the board is getting too complicated and it does need to be simplified. e.i. we have the off topic forum, sort of within GM, then we have 'the non tennis' forum... what is the difference? they should be merged or just leave the 'off topic' forum, everyone knows what it is (talk about whatever that is non tennis related or close to it ... Fed/Mirka love one another or Nole buying donkey cheese, Murray needs a better dentist kinda thing, lol). sorry, just my 5 cents, try to simplify things ... get rid of some sub forums ... I've been around on MTF for a while, and know where everything is, but new members probably will feel a bit lost.

Also, it would be probably easier for mods too, less time consuming etc.

I think the distinction is clear. Off topic is general debate about tennis players' non-tennis activities, ergo relating to tennis players but not tennis per se. Non-tennis is then everything not at all related to tennis or tennis players.

I would prefer these two to stay separate. They are also quite big, and merging big subforums is not something I'd recommend. New posters can find lots of goodies more than a year old there, if they're into such stuff, a lot easier than in the archives.

I think the structure of the forum is great, only change I'd make would be to wait a little longer before archiving threads in the smaller subforums, like the statistics section.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.