MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=194009)

Shinoj 12-23-2011 05:50 AM

Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

I think Murray will over turn the lopsided H2H against Nadal.

The Reasons

The Bagel in Bangkok... Yes Murray completely outplayed Nadal.. In fact he whipped him like a Cake on the Court.And there was no injuries Nadal had as he was playing at his Best in the first Set.

Nadal has finally been worked out by Djokovic,Murray,Florian Mayer,Dodig,Federer... You name it.

I think Murray will beat Nadal more times than not in 2012. Its gonna be a monumental Year

HKz 12-23-2011 05:53 AM

Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

This thread is not jumping the gun by any means.

bishi 12-23-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinoj (Post 11579291)
I think Murray will over turn the lopsided H2H against Nadal.

The Reasons

The Bagel in Bangkok... Yes Murray completely outplayed Nadal.. In fact he whipped him like a Cake on the Court.And there was no injuries Nadal had as he was playing at his Best in the first Set.

Nadal has finally been worked out by Djokovic,Murray,Florian Mayer,Dodig,Federer... You name it.

I think Murray will beat Nadal more times than not in 2012. Its gonna be a monumental Year

Define worked out? Other than Novak I dont think anyone has beaten his ass consistently this year.

RafaForever 12-23-2011 06:04 AM

Asian swing - the purple patch of Murray's carrer :lol: :p
Cant see him repeating it, let alone the possibility of beating Nadal :worship:

Dougie 12-23-2011 06:08 AM

A new dimension would be for there to actually be a rivalry between these two. I donīt think Nadal really cares about the asian swing that much...

Shinoj 12-23-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKz (Post 11579293)
This thread is not jumping the gun by any means.

Just a Prediction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishi (Post 11579295)
Define worked out? Other than Novak I dont think anyone has beaten his ass consistently this year.

That matters because Nadal lost his confidence a lot after that.. Its no surprise that he was defeated by so many After Djokovic did him and its no surprise either he stated he has lost his passion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RafaForever (Post 11579303)
Asian swing - the purple patch of Murray's carrer :lol: :p
Cant see him repeating it, let alone the possibility of beating Nadal :worship:

If he didnt care why was he there in the first place... Victory is different and defeating by a Bagel is different. He got a BAGEl

Mystique 12-23-2011 06:36 AM

No. Murray hasnt proved himself as being able to consistently meet and beat the best at the Slams. The two times he beat Nadal in a slam, he collapsed against Federer. There is no indication the same wont happen. Nadal is the ultimate big match player. Rafa wont have an inch, you have to wrstle it from him.

And anyway, the best I see him doing is going 1-2 against Rafa in a slam in a calender year. Andy just doesnt seem to have the head, the Wimbledon collapse was unbelievable and indicates no improvement to me.

Shinoj 12-23-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystique (Post 11579310)
No. Murray hasnt proved himself as being able to consistently meet and beat the best at the Slams. The two times he beat Nadal in a slam, he collapsed against Federer. There is no indication the same wont happen. Nadal is the ultimate big match player. Rafa wont have an inch, you have to wrstle it from him.

And anyway, the best I see him doing is going 1-2 against Rafa in a slam in a calender year. Andy just doesnt seem to have the head, the Wimbledon collapse was unbelievable and indicates no improvement to me.

Rafa is going Downhill...

SetSampras 12-23-2011 08:22 AM

No such thing as a rivalry when one of the guys can't even manage to win a slam

Nathaliia 12-23-2011 09:02 AM

Andy needs to win a Slam first. Against any opponent. Otherwise it's at the Tsonga-Berdych rivalry, nothing too thrilling I mean. Sorry.

I believe in Masters events Andy could dominate if he simply can get more consistent (which I expect from him to achieve after all). But the slams would matter more anyway.

Chirag 12-23-2011 10:38 AM

Andy needs a slam first .This is secondary

Saberq 12-23-2011 10:41 AM

Yeah and Fed has rivalry with Canas

Chirag 12-23-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SetSampras (Post 11579353)
No such thing as a rivalry when one of the guys can't even manage to win a slam

no sets won in a slam final :o

Shinoj 12-23-2011 12:41 PM

That is restrictive and stagnant thinking if you guys feel that just because in the past Nadal dominated Murray it will happen the same in future. The Dynamics has changed and it is going to show soon.

Egreen 12-23-2011 01:01 PM

Not on clay, though.

But at Wimbledon and the USO, Murray should have beaten Nadal this year.

Maybe next year Murray beats Nadal at slams other than RG.