MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you know the pros don't actually use the racquets they endorse? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=194006)

Knotty Fort 12-23-2011 01:42 AM

Do you know the pros don't actually use the racquets they endorse?

I mean all of us know it to some extent, but the true extent of it really shocks me. Basically, most pros use racquets NOTHING like the racquets they endorse, and most of them are postly paint jobs. I learnt from a source that the pros actually have specially made frames that are made only in some place in Austria, and that the frames are not even customized from the frames that are sold in stores; they are completely different. For example, Nadal still uses the first generation Aeropro racquets. What happeens is most players only just get the paint job, but if you look closely you can see that the frames are totally different e.g. Murray's radical pro is completely different from the one sold in stores.

Seriously, this is just one huge scam. What do you guys think?

Sunset of Age 12-23-2011 01:47 AM

Re: Do you know the pros don't actually use the racquets they endorse?

You're telling me the sky is blue? :p
Of course they don't. The top players get custom-made stuff, entirely built to the exact specs they want, and endorsements are only there for the sake of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ merits to the brand that pays them for advertising. A paint-job left, right and center, and tons of folks apparently believe they'll be the next Fed, Nad, or Djoko, as soon as they spend their bucks to get the next 'very special' racket. :rolls:

Haha. It's like getting a Fender Strat and then think you'll sound like Jimi Hendrix. It's called 'advertising', mate. :)

emotion 12-23-2011 02:03 AM

Stepanek is the only one who uses his real racquet probably

Action Jackson 12-23-2011 02:06 AM

Rain is wet.

abraxas21 12-23-2011 02:09 AM

i wonder if one day someone will sue the companies for false advertising

because it is indeed false advertising. esp. if the racquet's brand in promotion isn't even the brand the featured player truly uses...

Pirata. 12-23-2011 02:11 AM

:eek:

Next, you'll tell us that Nadal isn't a natural leftie.

shiaben 12-23-2011 02:19 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. If the racquet sucks the racquet sucks. Can't force the poor guy to cope with it if it is going to hinder his game.

RafaNadal2012!!! 12-23-2011 02:31 AM

Duh, everyone knows that. Old News. Obviously they used custom EVERYTHING

Synesthetic 12-23-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knotty Fort (Post 11579123)
I mean all of us know it to some extent, but the true extent of it really shocks me. Basically, most pros use racquets NOTHING like the racquets they endorse, and most of them are postly paint jobs. I learnt from a source that the pros actually have specially made frames that are made only in some place in Austria, and that the frames are not even customized from the frames that are sold in stores; they are completely different. For example, Nadal still uses the first generation Aeropro racquets. What happeens is most players only just get the paint job, but if you look closely you can see that the frames are totally different e.g. Murray's radical pro is completely different from the one sold in stores.

I don't think Murray even uses a Radical. Most of the players with Head use a customised version of the Pro Tour (which isn't sold any more).

Johnny Groove 12-23-2011 05:32 AM

Nadal uses the original Aeropro line, with some extra lead tape strategically placed.

Federer uses the BLX 90, with a small bit of weight in the handle.

Everyone that can afford to customize, customizes.

Nixer 12-23-2011 07:12 AM

Well, it's not a scam if everyone knows about it anyway. The majority of tennis enthusiasts/amateurs (the ones who care which racquet they hold in their hands) realize that fact

finishingmove 12-23-2011 12:28 PM

Djokovic actually believed he had to use a Head racquet :sad:

Set him a year back.

Chirag 12-23-2011 12:46 PM

and night follows day .This is actually obvious