MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Arnaud Clement Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=438)
-   -   last year down under, 2012 :sad: (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=193857)

Via 12-17-2011 12:26 AM

last year down under, 2012 :sad:

arno has been confirmed by noumea's entry list.

if he goes far in this tournament, it will be a very nice warm up for the ao qualies the week after.

Fat Camel 12-18-2011 01:34 PM

Re: last year down under, 2012 :sad:

I will nevet lose the believe that Arnaud has a small chance on getting WC to his most probably last AO.

Via 12-21-2011 10:51 PM

entry in AO qualifying list now official :)

soulage 12-28-2011 08:15 PM

Hi everybody hope everybody spend a good XMas time :)

Arnaud is arrived in Nouméa Sylvain posted a message on arno's facebook to tell it. Arno should be seed there and the draw will be made saturday at 5 pm local time.

Via 12-28-2011 10:10 PM

wow his holiday ended earlier than mine lol

actually noumea is still a holiday, right? enjoy :D

happy new year (to come) everyone

Marine 12-29-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via (Post 11586214)
wow his holiday ended earlier than mine lol

actually noumea is still a holiday, right? enjoy :D

Exactly, that was I was going to answer: it's great holiday !!!!!!!!
ohh yeah january is the month of the year when I always dream of going down under. I'm so jealous !!!! :p

Soulage, do you mean Arnaud never writes his messages on FB ? LOL
It's also my opinion, but I think it's a pity if he's not able to take 2 min of his free time, every week, to say hello to his fans.

soulage 12-30-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 11587577)
It's also my opinion, but I think it's a pity if he's not able to take 2 min of his free time, every week, to say hello to his fans.

It's strange because at the beginning of Internet Arno was connected with his fans. Then he's not a big fan of social media so it's surely why he never post himself well maybe he did it 2 times last year :lol: but when he will stop it means no more news :sad:

The forecast for Noumea is not great for next days. It will be rainy days hope he can pratice and play some matches.

Kezzi 12-30-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine (Post 11587577)

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulage (Post 11588486)
It's strange because at the beginning of Internet Arno was connected with his fans. Then he's not a big fan of social media so it's surely why he never post himself well maybe he did it 2 times last year :lol: but when he will stop it means no more news :sad:

I think he emails some messages for Sylvain to post. I think the messages with quotation marks are actual quotations from Arnaud. Like the ones about how he feels in a tournament for example. :)

And when he stops his own fb also isn't a guarantee for news. Nico L does his own fb, but there's hardly any news there. Only some promo for events he does for charity and that's it.

Via 12-30-2011 10:03 PM

when he retires, i hope to see him through news of nolwenn! lol

when it rains in noumea, he can still go swimming ;) (if you think of it as a holiday)

soulage 01-01-2012 12:57 PM

Happy new year :bigwave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kezzi (Post 11588765)
I think he emails some messages for Sylvain to post. I think the messages with quotation marks are actual quotations from Arnaud. Like the ones about how he feels in a tournament for example. :)

And when he stops his own fb also isn't a guarantee for news. Nico L does his own fb, but there's hardly any news there. Only some promo for events he does for charity and that's it.

Yes it's surely a phone call or a mail and Sylvain posted it as it was Arno but it remains a little bit impersonal. True that if the player is not himself activ on his social media during his carreer tough to think he will be after retirement :sad: Grosjean has a twitter and a facebook and it's a desert :sad:

Back to Noumea Arno is not playing doubles hope it's not for pain problems :confused: and just a logistic question. It's raining for next days and no indoor courts there :umbrella: It will be an adaptated schedule all week. Arno is playing R1 vs a french of course :p Burquier on tuesday but with the weather nothing sure.

Marine 01-01-2012 03:28 PM

Happy New Year, Bonne Année everybody !!!!

Yes u're right, but I don't understand why he prefers to email Sylvain, it would be faster , et more direct, to post 2 little sentences on FB.
(il préfère peut-être qu'on corrige ses fautes. :p)

Kezzi 01-01-2012 04:40 PM

Happy new year everyone! :cheerleader:

Well, if he had fb it would be easy to post himself, but since he doesn't use it, he also can't post there. :shrug:
Personally I don't care who pushes the publish button on fb, as long as the message comes from Arnaud it's as personal as if he would type it himself imo. If he emails it, Sylvain can copy and paste it, there's no difference in what he wants to say to us. :)
You could even say that he cares more since this takes more effort. :p

Via 01-01-2012 10:15 PM

happy new year! i'm very aware of it as the new year brings tennis to tv :lol:

i have to say i also rather he posts on fb himself... when it's done through another person, it can be edited, polished etc etc it's just not the same.

it's hard to imagine a single guy of his age, travelling a lot, does not use fb! it's not like he stays at home looking after a few kids you know ;)

Kezzi 01-01-2012 11:55 PM

Happy new year to you too! Yes, I'm always happy about that, finally something again after a quiet time. :D

Maybe Arnaud just doesn't like fb? One of my French friends (about my age) is completely against it. He has an account just to follow his closest friends and that's it. And I know more people who you'd expect to have FB and they don't. And if they do they rarely use it. It might seem weird in a time where everyone seems to have it, but it's really more common than you think.
I do know there was a fake account for Arnaud in 2010. I asked Arnaud about it at a tournament and he said it wasn't his. The account was also removed a few months later, I think many people reported it.
But he also did the videos for the FB, so I really think he knows what's going on on his fb. But maybe I'm too naive when it comes to this. I just don't really mind if it's a little edited/polished, as long as it still reflects what he wanted to say. The same happens with every interview he gives unless it's on tape. And in a way it's better to know that it's not him than when he would let others post for him and pretend he posts himself.
Maybe he prefers other ways to keep in touch with his family/friends which aren't suitable to keep in touch with all his fans.
And didn't Arnaud say in his book that he used to be outdoors and Bruno was the one who was interested in computers and stuff? :lol:

soulage 01-04-2012 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone wants a bit of news He lost to Burquier 62/46/57 and that's not the worst :sad:

He was 4-1 up in the third set with BP to lead 5-1. When he served for the match at 5-3 he was 40-00 up :rolleyes: even had a fourth MP on Ad to finally be broken on first BP :mad:. I can't hardly remember him losing after 4 MP on serve :facepalm:. The stats are very good the result a nightmare for him. I don't know what's happened on those points :confused: Maybe more news in newspaper as i was not awake.

I'm sure the post match was very tough :hug: that's cruel to lose a match like that. The last season can't be a nightmare losing in those ways vs a nobodody in first round of a challenger :sobbing::sobbing:. Next must be Melbourne qualies and i'm already worried :sadface:. Poor boy doesn't deserve this kind of losses :sad:

I think the doubles list for Melbourne must be out this week not sure but I hope he found someone to play with him and make the cut cos coming down under to play 2 matches :rolleyes: