MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who has the best chance of winning a Major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=193691)

Jaffas85 12-10-2011 11:00 AM

Who has the best chance of winning a Major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)?

Outside of Djokovic, Nadal and Federer who do you think has the most credible chance of capturing a major title in 2012? And at which major?

I think the only three players who have any chance of taking a major title, outside of the top three, are:

1. Tsonga
2. Murray
3. Del Potro

I think that Tsonga potentially has the best chance because when he's playing his very best, and when feeding off the energy of the crowd, he can beat the top three players and playing them at grand slam level doesn't daunt him. He's a more aggressive player than Murray and not as injury prone as Del Potro.

Thoughts?

_Chaz 12-10-2011 11:13 AM

Re: Who has the best chance of winning a Major in 2012 (outside of the top 3)?

I agree with everything you said.
Tsonga clearly has the best chance outside of the top 3.

fran70 12-10-2011 11:25 AM

I agree with you with Tsonga and Murray. If Berdych has the potential to do it too but needs two weeks of mental strenght and consistency. I`m not sure that Delpo is ready yet.

nalbyfan 12-10-2011 11:34 AM

Delpo has to stay injury free and motivated enough, it's hard for him to be ready both phisically and mentally. Kinder Bueno will never win a GS, he's always injured and has a merry maker lifestyle

Gagsquet 12-10-2011 11:36 AM

Maybe Gasquet
His collaboration with Piatti is going to bear fruit. Last year, he made a really promising season but after the USO, he was cut down in his stride coz to injuries. He could snatch Wimbledon or the Olympics (the 2012 fifth slam).

fran70 12-10-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grassquet (Post 11555906)
Maybe Gasquet
His collaboration with Piatti is going to bear fruit. Last year, he made a really promising season but after the USO, he was cut down in his stride coz to injuries. He could snatch Wimbledon or the Olympics (the 2012 fifth slam).

I believed that aswell in the past . I think he has a two or three years left to prove that he can do something with his amazing talent but I`m afraid that is not going to happen :sad:.

GSMnadal 12-10-2011 11:52 AM

Nalbandian will Johansson the shit out of everyone at the AO :rocker2:

My guess is Monfils