MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   US presidential election 2012 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=193190)

Stensland 11-23-2011 02:15 AM

US presidential election 2012

obama v. romney.

it's on.

Seingeist 11-23-2011 02:31 AM

Re: US presidential election 2012

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrrainer (Post 11515962)
'bout time. :)

world cup, olympics, bla bla bla, we all you know this is gonna be just as entertaining and thrilling as all the sports highlights 2012. now it's got a thread.

in the right corner (status quo):

Status quo?

emotion 11-23-2011 02:35 AM

Obama-ineffective
Bachmann-Crazy
Cain-terrifying
Santorum-Terrifying AND crazy
Romney-unreliable
Gingrich- totally without a conscience
Paul-Foreign policy and social views are nice, economic ones...
Perry- Incredibly stupid
Huntsman- Completely hopeless

buddyholly 11-23-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez (Post 11515989)
Obama-ineffective
Bachmann-Crazy
Cain-terrifying
Santorum-Terrifying AND crazy
Romney-unreliable
Gingrich- totally without a conscience
Paul-Foreign policy and social views are nice, economic ones...
Perry- Incredibly stupid
Huntsman- Completely hopeless

That's about right. So it appears Gingrich is the only one with the right credentials.

Chip_s_m 11-23-2011 03:02 AM

Paul is the only one who offers any significant change from the policies of each president in the last 83 years. He'll be the only one receiving my vote, although I wouldn't mind seeing the racists on the left go crazy if it came down to Obama vs. Cain.

emotion 11-23-2011 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip_s_m (Post 11516017)
Paul is the only one who offers any significant change from the policies of each president in the last 83 years. He'll be the only one receiving my vote, although I wouldn't mind seeing the racists on the left go crazy if it came down to Obama vs. Cain.

racists on the left? Don't think you'll be finding too many of those.

orangehat 11-23-2011 03:28 AM

this seems weird.

I want to hope that anyone but Romney gets nominated such that they would almost certainly lose to Obama next year.

yet if america goes crazy and elects that nominee (bar Romney, who has a few questionable policies himself) look for the US of A to fall into third world status by 2016 (exaggerating, of course, but you get my drift)

shiaben 11-23-2011 04:54 AM

Time to pick the lesser of the 8 or so evils :D.

None of them fulfill their promises at the greater level.

Mjau! 11-23-2011 05:00 AM

I would support the one non-imperialist, non-fascist in the field.

Seingeist 11-23-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjau! (Post 11516117)
I would support the one non-imperialist, non-fascist in the field.

Yes, the rest are all fascists, Mjau. ;)

Stop trying so hard to embody an over-the-top caricature of the clueless leftist.

Mjau! 11-23-2011 07:46 AM

I wasn't referring to Obama...

Neumann 11-23-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyholly (Post 11515992)
That's about right. So it appears Gingrich is the only one with the right credentials.

:lol:

The only ones with intellectual stature in that group are Gingrich, Paul, Romney, Huntsman and Obama.

Gingrich is a bit too self-centered, and if he were to take wrong decisions, I don't see anybody talking him out of it.

Paul is the bravest and most self-coherent, but he's too inflexible.

Romney, Huntsman and Obama could make fine presidents if the society wasn't as polarized as it is, or the political system was conducive to more compromise.

I wish Mitch Daniels, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan and Jeb Bush had run. The conversation would be about actual solutions.
Instead, they fight about who can build the deepest moat on the border, or who can count to three.

Seingeist 11-23-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjau! (Post 11516204)
I wasn't referring to Obama...

I wasn't assuming that you were; the clichéd and hyperbolic charges of "fascist" and "imperialist" tend to issue from the mouths of left-wingers, not right-wingers.

As it happens, I am staunchly opposed to most of Obama's policies, but I would hardly call him a "fascist" or "imperialist" (this is absurd).

Then again, I am gathering from your work in some other threads that "reality" and "accuracy" are not among your primary interests.

Stensland 11-23-2011 01:33 PM

i want obama to win. out of the republican bunch ron paul is obviously the most interesting candidate but voting for himn would probably have all kinds precasious ramification across the globe. but then again, he's not gonna get the nomination anyways, who are we kidding here.

judging by their track records and the way they've been behaving themselves so far, romney and gingrich seem like the only ones who can take down obama. it's stil la stretch though.

Gagsquet 11-23-2011 01:39 PM

Obama has already win. Deal with it.